MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How long do you think it'll be until we have a year with 4 different slam winners? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=192865)

EddceLLent 11-14-2011 01:47 PM

How long do you think it'll be until we have a year with 4 different slam winners?

The last time we had a year where all four slams were won by different players was 2003 (Agassi, Ferrero, Federer, Roddick). Now that we seem to be in an era where a select few players dominate, when do you think it'll happen again?

Saberq 11-14-2011 02:09 PM

Re: How long do you think it'll be until we have a year with 4 different slam winners

a few more years at least.....

ossie 11-14-2011 02:12 PM

Re: How long do you think it'll be until we have a year with 4 different slam winners

i dont see delpo retiring anytime soon so its going to take a while before you see 2 diffferent slam winners in the upcoming years let alone 4.

Naudio Spanlatine 11-14-2011 03:10 PM

rod laver had it more easier to win 4 slams in different slam tourney, but it a very difficult task to achieve something like what rod did, but todays game its much much more difficult because the game is at another level so i dunno if anyone is gonna achieve something what rod laver did in 2 years

Dougie 11-14-2011 03:16 PM

How long do you think itīll be until we have surfaces that are not all the same?

Fabilicious 11-14-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalMyHero (Post 11495121)
rod laver had it more easier to win 4 slams in different slam tourney, but it a very difficult task to achieve something like what rod did, but todays game its much much more difficult because the game is at another level so i dunno if anyone is gonna achieve something what rod laver did in 2 years

:worship:

Egreen 11-14-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddceLLent (Post 11494950)
The last time we had a year where all four slams were won by different players was 2003 (Agassi, Ferrero, Federer, Roddick). Now that we seem to be in an era where a select few players dominate, when do you think it'll happen again?

In 2012.

Bobby 11-14-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougie (Post 11495139)
How long do you think itīll be until we have surfaces that are not all the same?

Deliciano!

LawrenceOfTennis 11-14-2011 05:17 PM

Hopefully sooner than later.

Roger the Dodger 11-14-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalMyHero (Post 11495121)

:lol:

Vida 11-14-2011 05:24 PM

hehe good question, tough to answer for sure.

for some, disappointing, would be to have novak, rafa, fed and murray win them next year.

anyway, top 4 as solid as ever, incapable rest and lack of young stars, make it not as unlikely scenario.

GOAT = Fed 11-14-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossie (Post 11495014)
i dont see delpo retiring anytime soon so its going to take a while before you see 2 diffferent slam winners in the upcoming years let alone 4.

:lol:

EddieNero 11-14-2011 06:04 PM

I honestly miss those times when we had 4 different slam winners. Tennis was extremely interesting back then.

nole_no1 11-14-2011 06:11 PM

I'd like to see a year with 4 different slam winners but i think we will have to wait some years for that to happen

_Chaz 11-14-2011 06:31 PM

I say 2012.
Nole won't be able to dominate as this year, Federer will get another slam I'm quite sure, Nadal should win RG and finally it should be time for Murray to win a slam, I think.
Maybe also Tsonga wins a slam instead of Murray but I think these 5 are the only contenders for next year (at least how it looks like right now).