MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Juan Martín Del Potro Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=641)
-   -   will anybody plan to watch Delpo's trainning in Spain before DC's final? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=192536)

Gracia 11-07-2011 02:42 PM

will anybody plan to watch Delpo's trainning in Spain before DC's final?

Hi all,

I'm the new one here. (in fact don't often visit here)

I'm curious to know where will Delpo possibly be before DC's final? Anyone plan to watch the match or his traning?

Gracias!

cobalt60 11-07-2011 04:13 PM

Re: will anybody plan to watch Delpo's trainning in Spain before DC's final?

Don't know of anyone who routinely posts here who will be in Spain. He mentioned he was going home to Argentina after Valencia. Keep watch on some of the Argentine newspapers ( Terra, Clarin) as they typically will interview the team as they are heading out.

Gracia 11-07-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt60 (Post 11476889)
Don't know of anyone who routinely posts here who will be in Spain. He mentioned he was going home to Argentina after Valencia. Keep watch on some of the Argentine newspapers ( Terra, Clarin) as they typically will interview the team as they are heading out.

thanks, plan to travel there if i know which city he will be. I will be in italy that period. Missing him too much!

cobalt60 11-07-2011 11:16 PM

Well the final will be played at the Olympic Stadium in Seville so not sure but I might assume that the team will go straight to that city to train.
Maybe someone else will have info for you as the time draws near.

EDIT: OMG I had Valencia on the brain or maybe just wishful thinking that the final would be on an indoor hard court :p Thank you Miss Somebody who shall remain nameless;)

xbxbxb 11-08-2011 12:12 AM

From the Associated Press:
"Seville will host the Davis Cup final between Spain and Argentina in December.
The International Tennis Federation says the matches will be played in the city’s Olympic Stadium on an indoor clay court. The best-of-five final will be held on Dec. 2-4."

The team will most likely train on site as they will need to get accustomed to the court. Since we are talking about an indoor court, I doubt that regular folks will be able to just walk in and watch the players practice. The tickets will be put on sale this week and they are pretty expensive (around 400 euros for the weekend). Also, I heard that accommodations are already very hard to find in downtown Seville. I suggest you look into this asap if you plan on going. Good luck and have fun!

Gracia 11-08-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbxbxb (Post 11477864)
From the Associated Press:
"Seville will host the Davis Cup final between Spain and Argentina in December.
The International Tennis Federation says the matches will be played in the city’s Olympic Stadium on an indoor clay court. The best-of-five final will be held on Dec. 2-4."

The team will most likely train on site as they will need to get accustomed to the court. Since we are talking about an indoor court, I doubt that regular folks will be able to just walk in and watch the players practice. The tickets will be put on sale this week and they are pretty expensive (around 400 euros for the weekend). Also, I heard that accommodations are already very hard to find in downtown Seville. I suggest you look into this asap if you plan on going. Good luck and have fun!

The clay courts are indoor? mmh, I think maybe there's not much indoor courts for Argentine? lol~~If possible I will go there on Nov. 24-25, couldn't watch the match because of my visa valid period. I'm clearly to know I need much more luck to meet them, otherwise I have to assume be a trip in Seville. Anyhow, it's still a good choose for me, isn't it?
Thank you!:)

ps. I won't have much access to internet during that period, it's a little problem for me.:p

cobalt60 11-18-2011 01:10 AM

FYI the team travels on Nov 24th to Seville.

Getta 11-18-2011 02:00 AM

Julia's blog on David is also a place to find the latest info on what the team is doing to prepare for

smitty8 11-18-2011 02:43 AM

Hmmm, I've been to Davis Cup matches here in the US and the only practices I saw were the ones right before they started to play, an hour or so before. I got there when they opened the doors for ticket holders. That's all I know of. No clue how they do things in Spain.