MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   When was the last time a M1000 was this bad?? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=191321)

henke007 10-12-2011 02:10 PM

When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
As the thread title says not counting Monte Carlo :cool:

4 top 10 players abscent..

Just take a look at the OOP for tomorrow.


Action Jackson 10-12-2011 02:13 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Must be bumper grape harvest in Sweden at the moment.

They're all bad, there is always something to complain about if you look hard enough. The last 2 TMS events of the year usually struggle, but that's not a surprise.

james82 10-12-2011 02:19 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
i dunno its actually been a good tourney
who cares if its not full of big names all the time with the same results every damn week :p

Action Jackson 10-12-2011 02:22 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Shanghai has a great venue, but it's too far out of the city and could fit the crowd in a phone booth. That hasn't changed.

Johnny Groove 10-12-2011 02:23 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
It is the worst M1000 since the last one, of course. Mugs.

Orka_n 10-12-2011 02:26 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
This is not that bad. Check out Shanghai 09 for a real joke of a tourney.

henke007 10-12-2011 02:29 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orka_n (Post 11422749)
This is not that bad. Check out Shanghai 09 for a real joke of a tourney.

We haven't reached the 1/4 and 1/2 lineups yet, i doubt any 1000 except MC has had half of the top 10 abscent recently..

Action Jackson 10-12-2011 02:31 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by henke007 (Post 11422755)
We haven't reached the 1/4 and 1/2 lineups yet, i doubt any 1000 except MC has had half of the top 10 abscent recently..

If you aren't whining, then the earth stops spinning around the sun. If it's so bad why do you watch it?

Shanghai has never been a great event. Bercy struggles and Groove is right as well.

Sham Kay 10-12-2011 02:31 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Not as bad as Paris Bercy will be.. of course a similar thread shall be created for that disaster. And then the next one.

james82 10-12-2011 02:32 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by henke007 (Post 11422755)
We haven't reached the 1/4 and 1/2 lineups yet, i doubt any 1000 except MC has had half of the top 10 abscent recently..

well if the upsets keep happening it will get worse :P
so im guessing your not at all excited about ferrer vs ferrero???

Orka_n 10-12-2011 02:34 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by henke007 (Post 11422755)
We haven't reached the 1/4 and 1/2 lineups yet, i doubt any 1000 except MC has had half of the top 10 abscent recently..

Even if upsets happen, that doesn't necessarily make it a poor tourney. A truly bad tournament is defined by a lot of retirements and matches of shit quality. We haven't seen that here (yet).

henke007 10-12-2011 02:34 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by james82 (Post 11422766)
well if the upsets keep happening it will get worse :P
so im guessing your not at all excited about ferrer vs ferrero???

haha you are very spot on ;)

hyperren 10-12-2011 02:42 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
I love this board. If the top players keep winning, it's a shit tournament. If there are a few upsets and some other players go further than expected, it's a shit tournament.

MaxPower 10-12-2011 02:53 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
I'm mostly disappointed that in a city of almost 20 million people they can't sell more tickets. It's downright embarrassing.

Seems like they don't care about tennis if they can't watch Federer. I know that Nadal, Simon, Ferrer and friends sometimes bore people to death but come on.

I don't think Shanghai deserves a M1000 as it is. Give Germany one back or whatever because it's disgraceful that behind the biggest glory hunting for some of the missing stars there seems to be no genuine interest. Sorry for insulting the real fans in the city but you tell me that out of that giant city combined with all the people traveling there they can't get sell more tickets? :confused:

james82 10-12-2011 02:59 PM

Re: When was the last time a M1000 was this bad??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxPower (Post 11422809)
I'm mostly disappointed that in a city of almost 20 million people they can't sell more tickets. It's downright embarrassing.

Seems like they don't care about tennis if they can't watch Federer. I know that Nadal, Simon, Ferrer and friends sometimes bore people to death but come on.

I don't think Shanghai deserves a M1000 as it is. Give Germany one back or whatever because it's disgraceful that behind the biggest glory hunting for some of the missing stars there seems to be no genuine interest. Sorry for insulting the real fans in the city but you tell me that out of that giant city combined with all the people traveling there they can't get sell more tickets? :confused:



yep its been empty for about 2 years now


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.