MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Andy Roddick Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   The "What a KERJ!!!!!" Thread (aka Andy's Charity Stuff!) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=18978)

Deboogle!. 10-12-2004 01:48 AM

The "What a KERJ!!!!!" Thread (aka Andy's Charity Stuff!)

there's bound to be a bunch of news and more pics, so why not a new thread ;)

$20,000 for a half-hour lesson with Andy? Holy mother....

But in all seriousness, what a nice guy;)
=======

$40,000 for Charity!
by: Staff
AR.com

10/11/2004 --

Andy is hot on the court and Andy is hot off the court, but Andy is smoking for charity. As previously reported on ar.com, Andy is attending the 12th Annual World Team Tennis All-Star Smash Hits at the Bren Center at the University of California, Irvine Campus. During the auction at the banquet on Sunday evening, $20,000 was bid for a one-half hour lesson with Andy, who then immediately offered another one-half hour lesson raising a very impressive $40,000 for charity.

Andy’s table at the banquet included Elton John, Anna Kournikova, Josh Grobin, and Neve Campbell who all had a great time. Elton showed his appreciation to Andy by dedicating his song “Rocket Man” to him. (:haha: :haha: :haha: DEATH!!!!!!!!!)

superpinkone37 10-12-2004 02:35 AM

Re: Andy's Charity Appearances

elton's the bomb :cool:
andy wore his glasses to look just like him ;)

Deboogle!. 10-12-2004 04:57 AM

:scratch: There are lots of pics of Elton, Andre, and Anna from tonight but no Andy :confused:

Havok 10-12-2004 05:11 AM

When Andre and Anna are playing together on one side of the court, I don't care who their opponents are, all cameras are on them!

Deboogle!. 10-12-2004 05:13 AM

that doesn't explain all the pictures of Elton John massaging Billie Jean King's shoulders :lol:

Deboogle!. 10-12-2004 05:14 AM

Oh hush it was a typo :p

but I spoke too soon anyway :haha:

ummmmm I love Andre... but..... ewwwww

Naldo, maybe he's whispering sweet nothings ;)

MisterQ 10-12-2004 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstah
that doesn't explain all the pictures of Elton John massaging Billie Jean King's shoulders :lol:

eroticism at its finest :lol:

Deboogle!. 10-12-2004 05:16 AM

mine too! :D make sure you see the ones I edited

and yes Q, what a turn-on!!! :haha:

just in case you didn't believe me:p and look at Anna, she wants in on that action :haha:

superpinkone37 10-12-2004 05:19 AM

hey anna, stay away from my andy!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

and to think...i couldnt have been there tonight...:sad: :sad: :sad:
i do love that first picture of andy though :)

Deboogle!. 10-12-2004 05:22 AM

awwwww Danielle :hug:

but OHMYGOD this picture is so wrong for so many reasons :haha: :sobbing:

superpinkone37 10-12-2004 05:39 AM

Quote:

:hug: well i made my mom look at all the pictures you guys have posted so far to make her feel bad for not letting me go, lol. and she saw andre and anna and shes like "oh she better stay away from my guy!" and i told her she could have been there right now....and now she feels a little bit bad lol

Quote:

and that picture...OMG :haha:

Deboogle!. 10-12-2004 05:46 AM

Tennis tandem in N.D.
By Hayden Goethe,The Forum
Published Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick have won tournaments from Toronto to Tokyo and places in between.

The American duo will battle today for a title in a place where neither has won -- North Dakota.

Agassi, a winner of eight Grand Slam titles, and Roddick, a Wimbledon finalist, meet in a 7:30 p.m. exhibition match today at Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks, N.D.

"I've heard it's an incredible arena," Agassi said. "I can't wait to see it. It's quite a thrill for me to have seen so many parts of this world."

Tickets for the Engelstad Open, which also features the Jensen Brothers facing University of Minnesota players, went on sale Sept. 21. Ticket prices range from $24 to $66.

"We're expecting about 8,000 people in the stands," said Chris Semrau, Director of Events and Media Relations. Semrau said over 7,000 tickets had been sold by Monday afternoon.

Proceeds benefit the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy, a Las Vegas school designed to prepare at-risk children for higher education settings.

Agassi called Roddick about participating in the event. Roddick did not hesitate to help Agassi with his foundation.

"Andre and I have become pretty good friends," Roddick said. "(We) have played in a couple of exhibition matches. We're excited to be coming to North Dakota."

The 22-year-old Roddick, who won the U.S. Open last year, has enjoyed a solid season so far. In addition to reaching the final at this year's Wimbledon, he ranks second in ATP earnings this year.

"Not only is he a phenomenal talent, but he's come into a generation that's not easy," Agassi said. "It's not easy to follow up a lot of great Americans. To have an American capture the imagination of the market is important. I think he has done it."

Agassi is 5-1 all-time against Roddick, including a victory at the Tennis Masters Series in Cincinnati in his only match against Roddick this season.

"It has gotten tougher and tougher," Agassi said. "My secret is to fight for my life in the first point."

Roddick said it's always a strange feeling to play against the 34-year-old Agassi, whom he admired growing up.

"It's a trip," Roddick said. "It's always fun playing someone you idolize."

With fellow rival Pete Sampras retiring last season, Agassi says he is unsure when he will decide to step away from tennis.

He's busy focusing on his game, including today's match with Roddick. While it's an exhibition, Agassi says the "energy should be high from the get."

He knows what to expect from Roddick, but North Dakota is another matter. Neither player has ever been in the state.

"I'm hoping for some inspiration while I'm there to have reasons to come back," Agassi said.

Deboogle!. 10-12-2004 05:49 AM

Charity critical to Agassi
By Hayden Goethe,The Forum
Published Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Andre Agassi established the Andre Agassi Charitable Foundation hoping to help at-risk children inside and outside the classroom.

His rigorous ATP schedule never limits him from participating in multiple events each season, such as today's Engelstad Open in Grand Forks.

"I'm always looking for ways to generate interest and dollars for my foundation," said Agassi, who estimates $50 million has been raised for the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy.

Bill Rapp, promoter of the Engelstad Open, visited Agassi's College Preparatory Academy recently, calling it "one of the most emotional experiences I've had in my life."

Roddick established his own foundation in 2001. He hopes his the Andy Roddick Foundation can mirror the successes of Agassi's foundation.

"His foundation is what I would like mine to be like," Roddick said. "I have no qualms about helping out when I can."

Agassi and Roddick are looking forward to bringing tennis to North Dakota, providing locals a rare opportunity to see two of the top Americans in the game today.

"There's not much for tennis out that way," Roddick said. "It's always exciting to take tennis somewhere that they don't usually see it live."

Neither Agassi nor Roddick has ever been to North Dakota.

Roddick, an Omaha, Neb., native, said his father was stationed in North Dakota "once upon a time."

With Maria Sharapova and the Williams sisters, Venus and Serena, as headliners, there is a belief that women's tennis has surpassed the men's game in popularity. But don't tell Roddick that.

Roddick disputes the claim, saying the men's game is at least as popular as the women's game right now.

"It's up to the players," Roddick said. "I think there could be a lot of great personalities."

Roddick and Agassi are expected to arrive in Grand Forks at 2 p.m. today. The two players played in an exhibition in Irvine, Calif., on Monday to benefit the Elton John AIDS foundation and the National AIDS fund. … The Ralph Engelstad Arena received an indoor court from California late last week. … Roddick squashed any rumor about his own reality show. "Reality TV doesn't really interest me."

superpinkone37 10-12-2004 06:01 AM

great articles :) :kiss:

RodFan08 10-12-2004 07:18 AM

Quote:

That's the funniest picture. :haha: :Haha: That boy is too young for that:lol: