MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Confirmed: TomᚠBerdych and Lucie Šafářová Have Broken Up. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=187650)

Certinfy 08-06-2011 01:37 PM

Confirmed: TomᚠBerdych and Lucie Šafářová Have Broken Up.

Translation by Paulmara on TennisForum:

"Game set match ! The string of love in tennis raquet of Czech tennis pair Berdych safarova broke.
After 9 years they broke up. There was nothing to talk about , they were more friends than lovers, there were more tear times. That why they decided to retired their relationship.

Their relationship started 9 years ago when tomas send her text messages with congratulations (note tennis junior award or something) they had their first date, went to the cinema few times and it was love like Wimbledon. „ It is an advantage to have a tennis partner. We have to travel a lot and train and we can do it together, which is great „ tomas said

They friends speculeted about marriage, but they disagreed. „We are too young“ Their relationship doesn´t progress and start fading. Because there are only few tournamnet for women and men together it happened they haven´t seen each other for two months. They were separated few times and in June in Wimbledon they were not together. This time definitely.

„ We broke up like adults. There in no anger. We will stay friends“ Safarova said. One of the reason was their work. They are separated for 2 months. They have no new partners
."

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/svet-h...-9-letech.html

LawrenceOfTennis 08-06-2011 01:38 PM

Re: Confirmed: Tomas Berdych and Lucie Safarova Have Broken Up.

Although not nice to say it, I think this will help Berdych in his career.

Tom Paulman 08-06-2011 01:39 PM

Re: Confirmed: Tomáš Berdych and Lucie Šafářová Have Broken Up.

Although not nice to say it, I don't care.

Game.Petzschner 08-06-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Paulman (Post 11250302)
Although not nice to say it, I don't care.

this

Certinfy 08-06-2011 01:41 PM

I don't know. I think both could go in a slump for the next month or so and Berdych showed the beginning of his with that disgusting performance against Soderling in Bastad. Sad because they seemed so perfect for each other but a good point that article makes is that they hardly got to spend time together, but then I suppose that's expected.

Nadull_tard 08-06-2011 01:45 PM

Maybe this break up will make Berdych stop being a total mug.

romismak 08-06-2011 01:52 PM

Hope Berdych will be single now and focusing on tennis, there are 2 options only i think 1-he will be 100% dedicated now to tennis and finally will be making more from his potential, maybe playing like list year- his ranking is already great- actually is much better than his level of game, but his overall game need to be better and he needs better results on slams, Masters. 2option- he will have now many ,,adventures,, finally is single... and his tennis will be even worse.

Sunset of Age 08-06-2011 01:55 PM

This should have been posted in the off-topic section, Jase.
Anyways, sad news, breaking up a relationship after nine years is never easy. Best wishes to the both of them.

alter ego 08-06-2011 01:56 PM

Birdshit forum.

tennisfan856 08-06-2011 02:04 PM

Re: Confirmed: TomᚠBerdych and Lucie Šafářová Have Broken Up.

Here I was thinking an atp/wta relationship could work out finally. No, the schedule will just never allow it.

leng jai 08-06-2011 02:05 PM

Safarova forun

Sonja1989 08-06-2011 03:00 PM

Sad to hear, they was so cute couple. :hug: :sobbing:

gulzhan 08-06-2011 03:42 PM

Re: Confirmed: Tomas Berdych and Lucie Safarova Have Broken Up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis (Post 11250298)
Although not nice to say it, I think this will help Berdych in his career.

Doubt it unless he already fell in love with someone else.

It should help Lucie's career though. I've noticed that WTA girls do worse when they start dating a tennis pro and play better when they break up. With the guys it's the opposite-- they start winning when they get into relationship and totally suck when they end it.

KarlyM 08-06-2011 07:07 PM

I heard about this a couple weeks ago. It's sad to see a couple that has been together that long break up (at least the ones not completely dysfunctional).

bluesoleil 08-06-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisfan856 (Post 11250374)
Here I was thinking an atp/wta relationship could work out finally. No, the schedule will just never allow it.

Agassi and Graf!
Federer and Vavrinec!
Stepanek and Vaidisova!
Uuh... that's all I've got :P