MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Team USA (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Tennys Sandgren- The Kid With The Awesome Name (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=187520)

Johnny Groove 08-03-2011 11:53 PM

Tennys Sandgren- The Kid With The Awesome Name

Tennys (yes, it is pronounced Tennis) Sandgren is a young, rising 20 year old American star.

His name is too awesome for words, and fits perfectly. Tennys won a Future last week, and is in prime position to win another one this week.

I'd love to see this kid get to the big time, what say you?

Certinfy 08-03-2011 11:53 PM

Re: Tennys Sandgren- The Kid With The Awesome Name

Tennys wins.

Orka_n 08-04-2011 12:21 AM

This kid will be good for Tenn...is.

Johnny Groove 08-07-2011 09:24 PM

Tennys won another Future this week :dance:

Will play the Binghamton CH next week.

LawrenceOfTennis 08-07-2011 09:29 PM

20 year old and still nobody knows him. Promising.

out_here_grindin 08-07-2011 09:30 PM

Can't do it. He comes from that hellhole on Rocky Top. He will be turning pro I believe, he had considered returning to play for the Tennessee Vols. I saw him once in person. Very wristy shots. At least he's better that Rhyne(Whine) Williams, the other Vol.

Also JP Smith who has been killing it in the futures. The former Vols are making moves, unfortunately because they are my least favorite team in college tennis.

Smoke944 08-07-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by out_here_grindin (Post 11253016)
Can't do it. He comes from that hellhole on Rocky Top. He will be turning pro I believe, he had considered returning to play for the Tennessee Vols. I saw him once in person. Very wristy shots. At least he's better that Rhyne(Whine) Williams, the other Vol.

Also JP Smith who has been killing it in the futures. The former Vols are making moves, unfortunately because they are my least favorite team in college tennis.

:spit:
Better get used to them as these guys should be around a while as part of the next generation of American players on the level of Reynolds, Kendrick, Witten, etc.

MaxPower 08-07-2011 09:43 PM

His surname sounds very swedish, thought it was a swedish talent I missed out on (hope it's not too distant, this guy needs to be converted for DC) His first name.......sounds very awesome!

out_here_grindin 08-07-2011 09:48 PM

It's not confirmed that he will go pro yet actually. But he likely will due too some good results lately and the fact that Tennessee will not be very good next year and his return will not be that beneficial to him

Johnny Groove 08-07-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by out_here_grindin (Post 11253016)

:lol:

Clemson and Tennessee rivalry, eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxPower (Post 11253048)
His surname sounds very swedish, thought it was a swedish talent I missed out on (hope it's not too distant, this guy needs to be converted for DC) His first name.......sounds very awesome!

Blond hair, blue eyes, he surely has some Swedish lineage.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nvUjpuLO17...ren5-28-11.jpg

out_here_grindin 08-07-2011 09:55 PM

I will become a fan when he is into the pro tour though. I wasn't the biggest Farah fan in college but once these guys hit the pro I support them all, repping college tennis.

T4L 08-07-2011 10:20 PM

He is already a lock for Us Open qualies wildcard but I think if he goes deep in Binghamton he could get and MD WC

out_here_grindin 08-08-2011 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4L (Post 11253139)
He is already a lock for Us Open qualies wildcard but I think if he goes deep in Binghamton he could get and MD WC

I doubt it. They are already giving one to Johnson and the Kalamazoo winner. They probably don't want to give so many to low ranked players

DanaKz 08-08-2011 04:22 AM

I remember this guy since his junior level. It's tough to miss a guy whose name is Tennys :lol:

DanaKz 08-08-2011 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis (Post 11253014)
20 year old and still nobody knows him. Promising.

He plays for college.