MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Equipment (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=597)
-   -   New string needed (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=186460)

Sukh 07-14-2011 08:09 PM

New string needed

Hi guys,

I play to an average level with a big baseline game. I have a Dunlop Aerogel 500 tour and the strings are quite poor.

I was wondering what a good low cost alternative to the stock string?

Cheapish string is like 15 to me, just on price and name I have seen this: Babolat Magic Force 15, but obviously would like a string that suits my racket and game type.

I can't afford a whole roll and my local club doesn't have a great supply so preferably if I could buy the length it would be better :)

Thanks

dunlopkickserve 07-15-2011 03:35 AM

Re: New string needed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sukh (Post 11210300)
Hi guys,

I play to an average level with a big baseline game. I have a Dunlop Aerogel 500 tour and the strings are quite poor.

I was wondering what a good low cost alternative to the stock string?

Cheapish string is like 15 to me, just on price and name I have seen this: Babolat Magic Force 15, but obviously would like a string that suits my racket and game type.

I can't afford a whole roll and my local club doesn't have a great supply so preferably if I could buy the length it would be better :)

Thanks

Ok bud, lemme give you the breakdown, Tenniswarehouse.com is the site you are gonna want to check out, I'd stay away from babolat and luxilon seeing as they are very expensive. I'd also stay away from head. They make good rackets but shitty strings. Do you know what kind of string you want (poly is what i use). Technifibre makes amazing strings as does Gamma. My fav strings in order are 1) Iso speed pulse. Its a small manufactured string that is double heated and really soft. The best part is it only costs 9$ in the US. 2nd) Technifibre red code. Its tough and never breaks. Really stiff though, so may not be what you are looking for if you have arm problems. 3) Gamma Zo tour. Basically a softer version of technifibre red code but not as durable. I'd stay away from Babolat RPM Blast seeing as its fairly expensive, doesnt last, and is really overhyped. Luxilon is by far the best, but looks to be out of your (and my) price range.

Let me know more about your game and I can offer you more help broski. I owned the 500 tour back in the day, but now i use the 100. Best of luck!

DmitriKondra 05-01-2012 04:52 AM

Don't mean to be rude but tell new guy to stay away from babolat rpm and lwilson lexilons because they are too expensive is just wrong, they are 14 bux on ebay....

stringy1987 05-01-2012 02:51 PM

Your best option is to go to a sports shop with a decent tennis section. There should'nt be too much difference in the price of the replacement strings. The most important thing is getting the right strings for your game! I get pretty much the same strings with the same tension etc. every time, and it really helps as I wanted more control so I got a v high tension!

Hope that helps a bit! :)

dunlopkickserve 05-02-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmitriKondra (Post 11946636)
Don't mean to be rude but tell new guy to stay away from babolat rpm and lwilson lexilons because they are too expensive is just wrong, they are 14 bux on ebay....

They are polys, they may only be $14 on ebay, but add in shipping and the fact that they need to be cut out every few months or so in addition to restringing costs and it adds up quick. Nice try though.