MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   One handed or double handed backhand?? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=185623)

skipthekang 06-28-2011 06:20 PM

One handed or double handed backhand??

Hi guys,

I am a beginner and would like to know whether it is better to learn the single handed or the double handed backhand.

I have played squash for a while so it is more intuitive for me to play it with one hand, but it also seems more difficult to hit the ball accurately...

What would you recommend?

Thanks,
skip

scarecrows 06-28-2011 06:26 PM

Re: One handed or double handed backhand??

do whatever you feel is more natural
2handed is more easy to learn but at amateur level you can do more things with the 1hander

Pirata. 06-28-2011 06:26 PM

One handed is more aesthetically pleasing, but it's probably better to do two handed. Try both and see which you are most comfortable with.

viruzzz 06-28-2011 06:40 PM

Just forehand.

Really, only forehand. You don't need that backhand shit, that's for amateurs.

Real players play with just the Forehand.

skipthekang 06-28-2011 09:02 PM

Allright, I will prob. stick with the two-handed... because if I do it one handed Im playing it like I would do it in Squash...

However, the motion feels so damn unnatural?! :D

I hope I will get more power behind the shots soon!
Thanks for your comments!

Clashcityrocker 09-06-2011 11:37 AM

how's it going with the 2 hander now ?

10sMan 09-18-2011 10:42 PM

I think you will be more consistent with 2 hands. It is also easier to learn technique... You just need 1 good lesson and you will learn it (then you need to practice it a lot). It's a very simple stroke.

Super Djoker 09-25-2011 02:07 PM

Two hander is more powerful and more accurate! 1 hander isent as accurate as people think! get a good Techniqe on a two hander and you can pick anywhere on the court! most people who say a one hander is better arn,t good enough technically to do a proper two hander!

one hander can be very good don,t get me wrong but there,s a reason most tennis players have two handers! Keeps you fresher! can get more power behind it! better length! not everyone can do the technique properly! It,s much more technical that the one handed! one hander is good for slice and that,s about it!

Depends what playing style you have aswell! most of the worlds top players have 2 handers for a reason! Djokovic Murray wouldent be anywhere near as good with a one hander!

Super Djoker 09-25-2011 02:14 PM

Everyone is different though! Two hander is more accurate but it takes longer to set yourself for a two hander! it depends what playing style you have! i do switch to a one hander now and again but the power and accuracy and depth and spin isent there! a one hander can be done quicker, but for accuracy and power it has to be two hander! the point here is having a good two hander! not everyone does! it,s whichever suits you!

Super Djoker 10-08-2012 12:41 AM

I played a guy with a monster two handed backhand , trying with a one handed and it was frustrating ! Everyone is different some people can,t learn a 1 handed some can,t learn a two handed ! It,s whichever your more comfortable with

The Prince 10-16-2012 12:50 AM

I would be so shit with a one-handed backhand, compromising my biggest weapon.

emotion 10-16-2012 01:13 AM

Whatever comes naturally.

I had a pretty good 2 hander, focused on my forehand until every backhand went into the bottom of the net. Now I've switched to a slightly less awful 1 hander.

Kiedis 11-27-2013 01:17 PM

Talent players can alternate both

Super Djoker 11-27-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiedis (Post 19553433)
Talent players can alternate both

Yes but that's a slice

Stanimal 03-28-2014 12:37 AM

Single if you've got the speed to set your feet right for it consistently. I use a double occasionally for returns against really fast servers.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App