MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will Raonic win a grand slam in the future? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=184505)

Satasonic 06-12-2011 11:40 AM

Will Raonic win a grand slam in the future?

He seems to be well focused and willing to learn, a very positive player as well. What if he can improve his groundstrokes and increase his first %?

Also, if you think that he might win- Which grand slam would it be?

My bet is USO in 4-5 years, not sure why- But I dont think he will ever be a wimbledon champion.

EliSter 06-12-2011 11:55 AM

Re: Will Raonic win a grand slam in the future?

No, he will never win Grand Slam title.

GSMnadal 06-12-2011 11:58 AM

Good god, let's hope not

Sham Kay 06-12-2011 12:00 PM

Without doubt, he will. I'd say Aussie is his best chance and US open at least once.

FormerRafaFan 06-12-2011 12:01 PM

Probably not unless he improves his movement, bh and ros. And this is coming from a fan of his. I doubt he'll even crack the top 10. He has to improve a lot before that happens..

Sham Kay 06-12-2011 12:07 PM

Good thing for him is he got that first tour title out of the way quickly so he's already got a goal that could have been a real annoyance done. Next goal would be a bigger tournament, which would be a masters 1000. That will be tough as he is right now, but by next year I think he'll be ready to win one of those and then start seriously challenging for 2nd week in GS's.

misty1 06-12-2011 12:14 PM

i honestly dont think he ever will

i think he can get close but i think there's always going to be a hand full of players around that are better then him and will stop him

Audacity 06-12-2011 12:15 PM

He needs to improve quite a bit before we think about it. Would love to see it though.

Sonja1989 06-12-2011 12:19 PM

He needs to improve a lot for some great results e.g. semifinal but I doubt that he would win ever.

MaxPower 06-12-2011 12:22 PM

Depends on how much he can improve. I don't know if people think his serve is some kind of super weapon? Like the top20 doesn't already have many guys at his height that can serve at high level but with way greater ground game. If Raonic want to get into the top10 and get a seeding that will give him a better shot to go deep in slams he must get his RoS and baseline game to top10 level. Right now there is nothing about Raonic that says future slam winner. But as we know it can change fast. It is also very rare that someone just walks in and grabs a slam in his first deep run so likely we will see him in a QF/SF/F before it's time to seriously consider him going all the way.

Gagsquet 06-12-2011 12:26 PM

This Kid will never win a slam. He has hardly half the talent of Henman.

misty1 06-12-2011 12:30 PM

he honestly seems like he'll be more like robin to me..he will make finals which is obviously a huge accomplishment in itself but he wont win

cocrcici 06-12-2011 12:33 PM

Yes,without doubt.

SheepleBuster 06-12-2011 12:35 PM

A Canadian grand slam winner? Not gonna happen. We don't even know if Murray will win a slam.

FleetSeb 06-12-2011 12:36 PM

I really hope not... it would be awful.