MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ... (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=184322)

Judio 06-09-2011 01:20 PM

MaxPower 06-09-2011 01:29 PM

Re: Eurosport Loses Roland Garros Tv rights

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judio (Post 11116180)
[url]http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2011060512620/eurosport-loses-roland-garros-euro-tv-rights.html[/url

Radrizzani added: “Now is the perfect time to engage more fully with the key markets of Europe and to examine new opportunities. At the same time, our strategy envisages working with some of the federation’s long-term incumbent partners, so we are offering continuity, as well as change. We believe that together, we will significantly enhance the positioning and value of Roland Garros.”

Which translates to:

We will use these rights to milk as much money from them as we possibly can. Honestly we don't care about how many people that can view channels of those we sell the right to broadcast too, as long as they pay us the most for their market. See ya suckers!

MacTheKnife 06-09-2011 01:30 PM

Now if only NBC would lose them.. To much to hope for..

acionescu 06-09-2011 01:37 PM

FUCK :bigcry: :bigcry:

watch them selling( if, that is) to some new obscure sport chanell in Romania distribuited by my cable company main rival :banghead:

Chiseller 06-09-2011 01:39 PM

This might be good. Eurosport's almost sole focus on WTA matches can be really annoying. Not even speaking of the random switches to other sports during matches.

FormerRafaFan 06-09-2011 01:45 PM

This is bad for the sport.. it sucks that tennis is becoming a sport that only few can watch on tv. I mean, how many people have the pay channels? I sure as hell don't. And Eurosport will lose out in the long run, because they only have the two least prestigious majors left, USO and AO.

hotdog 06-09-2011 01:47 PM

Who cares? You can watch free streams of tennis matches on the web any day of the week.

Time Violation 06-09-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiseller (Post 11116243)
This might be good. Eurosport's almost sole focus on WTA matches can be really annoying. Not even speaking of the random switches to other sports during matches.

This :)

Deivid23 06-09-2011 01:53 PM

Great news, Eurosport can fuck off with their coverage

PandoraPandora 06-09-2011 01:54 PM

While I find several aspects of Eurosport's coverage irritating, it depends what replaces it. The jury is out I guess until we know how Roland Garros will make to our screens next year.

scoobs 06-09-2011 01:54 PM

The new approach will see the agency undertake an individual territory-by-territory distribution strategy in key territories across Europe.

I will be very interested to see who gets the UK rights, in that case.

philosophicalarf 06-09-2011 01:55 PM

Bit annoying, their multicourt coverage was good. Commentary and scheduling utterly shit, of course.

Someone needs to develop an online package that covers all the slams. An ITF version of tennistv, basically.

hotdog 06-09-2011 01:55 PM

Sky long odds on...

Jomp1 06-09-2011 02:01 PM

For Swedes, this will probably mean less WTA at least. But remains to be seen what network, and in that case if they will have full day coverage on two channels. I remain sceptical until I see the replacement. Hopefully Canal+ will not get it.

Tutu 06-09-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobs (Post 11116282)
The new approach will see the agency undertake an individual territory-by-territory distribution strategy in key territories across Europe.

I will be very interested to see who gets the UK rights, in that case.

I hope it's Sky Sports. The interactive coverage they have at the US Open would be great.