MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Andy Roddick Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   The "...wow" thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=183803)

Kate87 06-02-2011 06:44 PM

The "...wow" thread

Andy is already in London according to stt.com :D

After recovering from the shoulder injury that forced him out of Roland Garros, Andy Roddick has arrived in London to prepare for the grass-court season, which begins next week with the AEGON Championships at The Queen’s Club.

The American has already had one hit on the mowed lawns at The Queen’s Club and will have more opportunity for practice over the coming days before the ATP World Tour 250 tournament begins on Monday.

:bounce: :bigclap: :yippee:
:rocker2: :banana: :smoke: :aparty: :cheerleader: :armed: LET THE FUN BEGIN! :armed: :cheerleader: :aparty: :smoke: :banana: :rocker2:
:bounce: :bigclap: :yippee:

(*knocks on wood*)

Deboogle!. 06-02-2011 11:33 PM

Re: The "Grass is back AKA Andy arrives to a tourney 5 days early" thread

:rocker:

pferg 06-03-2011 12:38 AM

Awesome! Already preparing for another big push on the grass court. We need more Americans to get into the pro's and show the rest of the world we're still here!

--pferg
http://www.tennisladders.net

arodfanpe666o 06-03-2011 07:26 AM

A decent season on grass would be great for his ranking, since he did practically nothing last year.
Hope he is recovered though...

OnyxRose 06-03-2011 01:25 PM

The only positives I have is that aside from Cincy, Andy sucked so much last year from this point on that the only way to go is up. :o Hope he can make a decent run at least to the semis at Queens and quarters at Wimbledon. Anything more is icing for me.

Kate87 06-03-2011 03:10 PM

Andy Roddick turns his forehand to fashion

Andy Roddick to design his first collection for Lacoste.

BY Melissa Whitworth | 02 June 2011

A fashion collaboration that makes perfect sense ( :confused: :haha: ): Andy Roddick is to design his own line for Lacoste. The tennis champion has been representing the label for the last six years and seems wedded to his collection of baseball caps emblazoned with the brand's iconic crocodile logo.

Roddick's line, which will hit stores and lacoste.com on July 1, will include shorts, shirts, tracksuit bottoms and jackets. The range's logo will feature Roddick's signature and a silhouette of the player mid-serve and he will wear his own designs exclusively on court.

"On the tour we practically live out of a suitcase. When packing, function will always win over style, which is why I am so impressed with this collection," Roddick told WWD . "I never would have believed 10 years ago that I would have a signature collection with Lacoste."

The legendary sports-wear brand, with the famous crocodile logo (which seems to have grown larger over the years), was founded by the tennis star René Lacoste in 1927. It has since become a €3 billion-plus global brand, selling two items every second, and spawning legions of fakes.

"Is it tacky to wear your own collection all the time?" Roddick asked WWD. No, but we fashion types do request you take your baseball cap off during interviews and off-court appearances.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-...o-fashion.html & Vogue.co.uk

partygirl 06-03-2011 05:58 PM

You know. A black and white collection.

My caring for the remainder of the year or any left is simple;)

Andy play = :)
Andy no play = :(

Kate87 06-04-2011 07:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
and green :p

03/06/2011
Andy Roddick fit and ready for fifth title tilt

Andy Roddick was a happy man after two days of practice sessions on his favourite surface ahead of the AEGON Championships and his attempt to win a record fifth title at The Queen’s Club.

“I’m excited to be back in London,” he confirmed, in an interview on the BBC Radio 5 Live Show: ‘Freddie Flintoff’s World of Sport’.

“I’m on grass at Queen's, which is my favourite surface, I feel fine, and my shoulder has come up fine over the last couple of days in practice. I’ve been battling it for a while and my reasoning (for not playing the French) was that I needed to get ready for the grass. Wimbledon is probably one of my best chances of winning another Slam. I just didn’t want my shoulder injury to carry on into the summer, so I took care of it and it feels pretty good so far.”

Roddick is one of a handful of players to have won four titles at The Queen’s Club, along with John McEnroe, Boris Becker and Lleyton Hewitt. The American has also reached three Wimbledon finals, and still believes he has it in him to go one step further.

“I was a couple of points away a couple of times (from winning Wimbledon),” he said.

“I feel like there are only a handful of players that really feel comfortable on grass and I’m one of those. I come here and I feel comfortable. I don’t feel like I’m on the road. I like the culture, the people, and the London people have always been really good to me.”

In between his practice sessions, Roddick will be keeping an eye on the conclusion to the French Open.

Regardless of what happens this weekend, he believes that Andy Murray is going to break through and win a Grand Slam title eventually.

“You don’t get to the semi-finals of the French Open by accident,” said Roddick. “You’ve got to be playing well and you’ve got to have a bit of luck to win a Slam. Murray has certainly been putting himself in a position to do it. In my opinion it’s just a matter of time before he wins one of them.”

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...th-title-tilt/

snaillyyy 06-04-2011 10:01 PM

Interesting doubles partner :lol: .........Nalbandian

partygirl 06-04-2011 10:24 PM

:haha:

Feli lopez 06-04-2011 11:20 PM

Come on Andy! :)

arodfanpe666o 06-07-2011 01:16 PM

Andy without ankle protectors... I'm already warried...

tt boy 06-07-2011 02:05 PM

he takes the 1st set breaker :rolleyes:

tt boy 06-07-2011 03:02 PM

then loses the 2nd set breaker:confused:

OnyxRose 06-07-2011 03:08 PM

Feli breaks. I'm going back to work. Thanks Andy.

Edit: What do you say to the nice headcase Andy? Thanks for gifting you the break back.