MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Nicolas Kiefer (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Hannover 96 cheering/appreciation thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=18252)

Neely 10-03-2004 02:50 AM

Hannover 96 cheering/appreciation thread

Okay, it looks as if Kiwi might be out for some time, probably for the rest of the season :rolleyes: :shrug:

I'm normally not such a great fan of the German football/soccer league because I'm mostly only following the big (international) games, but today evening when I was watching again the recaps of the Saturday games and I was glad when I saw that Hannover won their game and it helped them a lot to improve their position in the standings. :yeah: ... and of course I immediately thought of Kiwi :angel: :angel:

Unfortunately they didn't show anything of Kiwi :(

but I'm sure their away win made Kiwi smiling and happy :clap2: ... and healing his injury quicker ;)

7th round:
Hansa Rostock 1 - 3 Hannover 96

Code:

1..VfL Wolfsburg........... 7 6 0 1 13:6...7...18
2..VfB Stuttgart........... 6 4 2 0 13:5...8...14
3..Bayern München.......... 7 4 2 1 12:9...3...14
4..Werder Bremen........... 7 4 0 3 15:8...7...12
5..FSV Mainz 05............ 7 3 3 1 11:9...2...12
6..Bayer Leverkusen........ 7 3 2 2 13:11..2...11
7..Hertha BSC.............. 7 1 5 1 7:6....1... 8
8..Borussia Dortmund....... 7 1 5 1 12:12..0... 8
9..Arminia Bielefeld....... 6 2 2 2 5:5....0... 8
10.Hannover 96............. 7 2 2 3 8:10..-2... 8
11.1. FC Nürnberg.......... 7 1 4 2 12:12..0... 7
12.VfL Bochum.............. 6 1 4 1 10:12 -2... 7
13.SC Freiburg............. 7 1 4 2 7:9.. -2... 7
14.Bor. M'gladbach......... 7 1 3 3 11:12 -1... 6
15.1. FC Kaiserslautern.... 7 2 0 5 10:15 -5... 6
16.FC Schalke 04........... 6 2 0 4 5:10. -5... 6
17.Hamburger SV............ 7 2 0 5 8:15. -7... 6
18.Hansa Rostock........... 7 1 2 4 8:14. -6... 5

Kiwi must be all :D :D :D now because Hannover jumped from #18 to #10 ;)

:clap2: :clap2:

... and if Kiwi can't win tennis matches at the moment, I hope at least his favorite team wins some games to give him some fun :yeah:

JMG 10-03-2004 08:57 AM

Re: Hannover 96 cheering/appreciation thread

:wavey: It was great yesterday and again with M.Stach. I think the first time this season where he said nothing about Kiefer.
I remember this year, when he commentated a Hannover game at afternoon and the same day he commentated Kiefer vs Hanescu on Eurosport. :cool:

Jogy 10-03-2004 08:20 PM

LOL Neely

great idea for a thread at 3:50 o'clock at night ;) :haha:

knight_ley 10-04-2004 07:07 PM

2 questions.......... Is Kiwi commentating all of their games now that he's out? and Does this team ever play David Beckham's team? lol........ He's the only soccer player I have ever heard of... lol...

Neely 10-04-2004 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleternity
2 questions.......... Is Kiwi commentating all of their games now that he's out? and Does this team ever play David Beckham's team? lol........ He's the only soccer player I have ever heard of... lol...

Hmmm.... unfortunately he's is not commentating all of their games now :sad: It was only a gag of me to start this thread as it is Kiwi's favorite team and because I thought of him when I saw them winning on Saturday :yeah:
It was something special when Kiwi was reporter from their match. I think it was also because Matthias Stach, who was commentating this football match and who is covering a lot of tennis for TV also, invited him to join. And it was a game on Tuesday that got more attention than it normally would have gotten because it was the only game of the German football league at this time. Normally more games take place at the same time and then it's more unlikely that Premiere (the channel who televises the German football league) invites co-commentators because one single match doesn't get so much attention then because viewers are watching other matches all the time (or they are watching a conference switching from game to game).
The only good chance I see that Kiwi again does something like that is if Hannover has a game on Sunday some time.

Concerning the question if they play David Beckham's team: No.... at least not this season *g* If you are verrrry optimistic and if Real Madrid and Hannover finish both among the top five(?) teams of their domestic leagues they could meet next season ;) But Hannover is a team that came up from the 2nd German league and for most of these teams coming up from the 2nd to the national top league the main season goal is not aiming for a place that guarantees matches on European level, but they are glad if they just can survive in the 1st league (must be ranked #1 to #15) at the end of the season; otherwise they are relegated back to the 2nd league.
Hannover and Real Madrid are two teams with two very different claims. And financially they are also very different.

knight_ley 10-05-2004 02:25 AM

aww thanks for the info!

..... i have never sat down and watching a soccer game in my life with the exception of high school soccer games....... but i did go see David Beckham when he was with Manchester? That's his old team right? But yea they played in New York a year or two ago for some reason so we all went to go see him.... lol.... I just wondered since that's the extent of knowledge i have in the sport ... :confused: which is terrible i know......... but Tennis is the only sport i like to watch ........ and play.

Corey Feldman 10-05-2004 02:42 AM

ah :sad: when i seen this thread title i was thinking of the masters cup in 1996 when becker and sampras played the great final :D
:wavey:

Neely 10-05-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escude
ah :sad: when i seen this thread title i was thinking of the masters cup in 1996 when becker and sampras played the great final :D
:wavey:

hehe, harhar... Escude :devil: just wait until Hannover 96 is good enough to play international and guns down your British/Scottish football teams :devil: :p :angel: ;) :devil:

Corey Feldman 10-05-2004 12:51 PM

even Melbourne old grandma's 96 could beat scottish teams :rolleyes:
:p ;)

JMG 10-06-2004 04:51 PM

Something about that Hannover/Beckham thing.

Madrid has to make place 4 at least and Hannover place 3 to have a chance to reach the Champions League. So we won't see 96 and Beckham in the same game in the near future. :(

And Hannover finished the 2001/02 season as the best 2nd league team ever with unbelievable stats. In 1998 I think the came up from the 3rd league. So it's the 3rd year in the 1st league now since 2002, the last time they were in league one before was in 1990.

Neely 10-08-2004 02:04 PM

thanks for that JMG... so Spain has one more Champions League spots than Germany. Well, that's probably justified because the German teams sucked in the past year :mad:
I remember that Germany also once had four spots...

Maybe, Hannover and Real Madrid meat in summer league next year :cool: :smoke:

:lol:

at http://www.allesaussersport.de/archi...-war-und-wird/
I found a comment about the Hannover game that Kiwi co-commentated:

Quote:

Als Vorspeise gab es gestern einen zumindest in der 2ten Halbzeit mit Vehemenz geführten Kick in Hannover: Nachholspiel gegen Arminia. Als Besonderheit konnte PREMIERE-Kommentator Matthias Stach, der für EUROSPORT Tennis kommentiert, den 96er-Fan Nicolas Kiefer als Co-Kommentator begrüßen.

Das war nicht immer intellektuell hochstehende Kost, nicht immer inhaltsreich, aber Kiefers innige Begeisterung für Fußball im Allgemeinen und für Hannover 96 im Besonderen kam sehr gut rüber und war genau die richtige Ergänzung für eine Bundesliga-Partie die sonst unter “Unwesentlich” binnen Minuten nach Abpfiff wieder vergeßen worden wäre. Damit hat Kiefer nach seinem Olympia-Doppel einen weiteren Stein bei mir im Brett.
This writer says that it was a good thing that Kiwi's enthusiasm about his club came over so well and that he was a good addition to the match.
He says, without Kiwi, the match would have been forgotten immediately after its end because of "unimportance" ;) :angel: LOL

And the writer seems to appreciate the silver medal and their match in Athens :D :yeah:

knight_ley 10-08-2004 03:57 PM

is that kiwi in the picture?!!!!!! awww i'm so happy i checked this before i left for the weekend!!!!!!!!! thank you <333333333

Neely 10-08-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleternity
is that kiwi in the picture?!!!!!!

yes ;)
unfortunately it is only a very bad quality picture :o
but better than nothing ;) :p :angel:

Corey Feldman 10-08-2004 06:42 PM

I liked Michael stich commentating in wimbledon this year "Willlllipo wollllllandri"
that was fillipo volandri :o

knight_ley 10-11-2004 05:19 AM

oh i was not like questioning it was like shock value cuz i was literally out the door to go up to NYC and i decided to quick check and there he was and my brain was exploding... lol........ :kiss: