MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Mike & Bob Bryan Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   Bryan Twins (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=1820)

KayTang999 09-25-2002 03:25 AM

Bryan Twins

I just wanted to start this thread that all.

LOL

GO BOB AND MIKE

Nina 09-25-2002 04:43 PM

Go Bob and Mike :bounce:

TennisHack 09-25-2002 09:07 PM

Bob and Mike deserve a shot at Davis Cup. I understand why they aren't on the team, but they are arguably the best pure doubles team in the US.

Keeping kicking ass, boys, maybe PMac will take notice!! ;)

Leo7 09-25-2002 11:25 PM

:bounce: Mike and Bob! :bounce:

Leo7 09-25-2002 11:28 PM

hey guys! check out this fan site for the Bryan Bros: http://way.to/bryans

Toronto:

Leo7 09-25-2002 11:34 PM

USO:

Raymond and Bryan Reign as Mixed Doubles Champions
by Laura Andriani
Friday, September 6, 2002

If the mixed doubles final was any indication of how Friday's matches were going to turn out, then tennis fans were definitely going to get their money's worth. The first match to take place on Arthur Ashe Stadium featured No. 2 seeds Lisa Raymond and Mike Bryan vs. Katarina Srebotnik and Bob Bryan (Mike's twin brother). The 80-minute long match would test not only the physical endurance of each player, but their indispensable knowledge of doubles strategy as well. All four players proved themselves, standing their ground with unique strengths.

Bob Bryan would continuously wow the crowd with his crushing serves while Srebotnik anticipated her opponents' imminent shots with a keen sense of doubles tactics. On the other side of the court, doubles veteran Raymond confirmed her status as a volleying maven with soft hands and quick feet. Mike showed his versatility by mixing up shots with varying speeds and spins. All four players held their respective serves in the first set, and at 5-6, Srebotnik served and volleyed, smacking one at Raymond's feet to force a tiebreaker.

The rallies continued to be tight, with neither team ever gaining more than a one point lead. Finally, at 10-9, Bob returned a serve wide, giving Mike and Raymond the set.

Playing with one set under their belts did not seem to make Mike and Lisa's second set any easier. Katarina and Bob continued to play strong, matching Lisa and Mike in each game. Bob and Katarina made 74% of their first serves, but Mike and Lisa answered by winning 89% of their first service points.

Neck and neck, the Bryan twins battled against each other with vicious overheads while Raymond and Srebotnik snatched winners off of skilled drop volleys and crisp passing shots.

At 5-5, Srebotnik served a slice-heavy serve that was returned long, giving her and Bob a one game break. Mike held his serve in the next game however, beckoning and second tiebreaker. Lisa and Mike quickly took the 6-0 lead.

Unable to regain control of the tiebreaker, Bob and Katarina made one more attempt at salvation before Lisa and Mike won the final point, making them the 2002 US Open mixed doubles champions.

KayTang999 10-16-2002 04:53 AM

They are playing in Madrid, in case you want to know.

Leo7 10-23-2002 02:10 AM

bryan twins playing this week :)

Leo7 12-18-2002 12:51 AM

ATP NEWS Dec. 14, 2002

Double The Fun on 8 Simple Rules
Bryan Brothers make most of acting opportunity

ATP
Actors Kelly Cuoco and John Ritter, together with Bob and Mike (right) Bryan .

The doubles team of Mike and Bob Bryan, who won a career-high five ATP doubles titles in 2002 and faced off against each other in the mixed doubles final at the 2002 US Open, spent a half-day doing a television shoot for the hit American TV comedy series "8 Simple Rules" this past week at ABC's Disney Studios in Los Angeles.

They appeared in a scene with stars John Ritter and Kaley Cuoco, who herself is a standout tennis player.

Mike and Bob were given plenty of time to rehearse their two lines, apparently with much success, so stay tuned for future airdates of the show.

Ellen 01-06-2003 09:14 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm new at this messageboardthing, but I just wanted to let you know: if you like Mike and Bob you should visit this site:

http://bryanbros.topcities.com

It has everything anyone wants to know about the bros. Be sure to stop by the messageboard as well.

Ellen

Leo7 01-26-2003 06:42 PM

why won't Patrick McEnroe consider the Bryan twins for doubles in Davis Cup? they're one of the world's best teams but they never get to play for USA. :fiery:

Ellen 01-29-2003 06:07 PM

Leo, I soo hear you on that one!

And now that Pete isn't playing and Andy is injured, it would be the perfect opportunity for Mike and Bob to step in. I mean, it's not that Taylor and Robby aren't good players, but Pat: give doubles a chance!

Besides, I bet Taylor and Robby don't even get to play, except for maybe a dead rubber. James and Mardy are obviously going to play singles and since they have played together in doubles in the past, they will probably do so now.

I want to see Mike and Bob!!

Ellen

Ellen 02-03-2003 03:17 PM

Bob is playing the Joplin Challenger!! Go Bob!!

Leo7 02-09-2003 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ellen
Leo, I soo hear you on that one!

And now that Pete isn't playing and Andy is injured, it would be the perfect opportunity for Mike and Bob to step in. I mean, it's not that Taylor and Robby aren't good players, but Pat: give doubles a chance!

Besides, I bet Taylor and Robby don't even get to play, except for maybe a dead rubber. James and Mardy are obviously going to play singles and since they have played together in doubles in the past, they will probably do so now.

I want to see Mike and Bob!!

Ellen

Ellen, you're absolutely right. and your predictions were correct - Taylor only got to play in a dead rubber. I would have picked him for the doubles with Blake instead of Fish b/c he has a bigger serve and clean volleys.

Good Luck to Bob! :bounce:

Hurley 02-10-2003 02:57 AM

Go Bob and Mike! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: