MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   Vamos, It's the late clay season (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=181662)

soulage 05-01-2011 10:40 AM

Vamos, It's the late clay season

A new thread for this short clay season :lol: Rome, Bordeaux then maybe Nice qualies or RG qualies :sad:.

Let's go with a first round in Rome vs the strange Dustin Brown. I remember him on clay last year vs Gilles in Stuggart and he was irritating me :devil: Well he beats Wawrinka in Munich so he's in good shape. For Arno it will be the opportunity to test his body then we can't have much expectations after his break. I doubt there is livescore unfortunately. Good luck to him :angel:

Filo V. 05-01-2011 01:26 PM

Re: Vamos, It's the late clay season

Crossing fingers and toes for a victory over Dustin :lol: But even if he loses, it's good to see him playing again :D

Filo V. 05-01-2011 08:58 PM

Arno plays on Monday, the last match on the second court. Hopefully he can come through with a win but I have purposely kept my hopes down :lol:

Kezzi 05-01-2011 10:37 PM

I hope Brown doesn't annoy Arnaud too much with always wanting the same ball back for serve. :tape: I can see Arnaud go :fiery: at that.
If he's fit, Arnaud has a good chance imo... as long as he doesn't drive himself crazy over stupid things. :p

Via 05-02-2011 12:48 AM

at last some news, and he's not yet retiring :bounce:

my hope is he's happy and healthy, winning is beyond what i can hope :lol:

soulage 05-02-2011 11:12 AM

It may have a livescore on bet365 for court 1. I opened the streaming for center court and it's cold and no sun in Rome today. Cold and slow conditions indeed and of course there is only 3 linesmen for all the court :lol: Dusty's behaviour and court conditions let's imagine some talks during the match :lol:

Kezzi 05-02-2011 03:21 PM

A video of Arnaud training at RG from the FFT facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/v...88698&comments
:)

soulage 05-02-2011 04:03 PM

Thanks Kezzi he's serious in the training.

Bad news for today he lost in a close match :sad: 26/64/67(2) My detailed report :devil: Just arrived on bet365 livescore at the end of first set so I looked the summary of games. He has been broken 2 times from 30 and Dusty had some holds from 40 but with Bet365 we can't know if there was BP for Arno. Then I followed the score.

Arno breaks to love at 2-2. At *4-3 Arno had again to save few BP to finally manage closing the set on his own serve 64. At the beginning of the third set Arno had 40 love lead on Dustin's serve but missed this 3 BP in a row and even one more on AD. Pity he missed all those BP it could have change the result. At 1-2 he was broken on first Dustin BP. At 2-4* he had to save few game points on Brown's serve to break back on AD. At *3-4 close game but he level the set to 4-4. On following Dustin's serve he had 30 love lead but didn't have BP. At *4-5 40-40 he was close to lose match then at *5-6 he had to save MP. He started badly the tie-break and was fastly **1-4 down to lose it 2-7.

After a long break of course it's logical to have problems to play the crucials points at 30-30 00-30 or tie-breaks but anyway it's tough to lost a match in the last set tie-break when there is the place to win :o It was a a battle with no straming no idea of the level but it looks he fights. No idea of what he will think of that match :confused: it's a loss in first round of a 30000$ so not good :devil: Already over next is Bordeaux where the level is amazing and he could face top players.

He's also losing Estoril points and will be around 165# next week :help: :tape: You've to be very motivated to continue :eek:

Fat Camel 05-02-2011 04:13 PM

Thank you Soulage for report! I couldn't find any live scores.

Yes, that's a very tough loss for Arnaud, but that's some good news that after such a long break he was equal to Brown. Maybe this match can give Arnaud some confidence that he can still win but not losing to players like Seifert in straight sets. And of course - the main thing, this all shows that he is at least healthy now, i believe.

Of course he needed this win but that's not desperate situation, we couldn't expect more from Clement. Hope he'll continue his progress in Bordeaux.

Filo V. 05-02-2011 07:17 PM

Well, a win wasn't likely, Dustin just did a good event in Munich. The fact he made it so close is a good sign I think. He plays better in France than anywhere else by far it seems now, so I think he can do a good result in Bordeaux.

soulage 05-07-2011 05:54 PM

He'll play Benoit Paire http://www.atp-primrosebordeaux.com/tableausimple.php I really like Benoit :angel: and he belongs to Bordeaux's team he's so fun to watch :D Well it will be tough for Arno but we already know it :lol: Hope a good match between them :angel:

The WC for RG should be announced next week and losses don't go on his way to get one :sad: We'll see if the FFT consider his career more than the current results.

Filo V. 05-08-2011 12:34 AM

If Arno is denied a WC, to me that is sort of like a career ending type move, a big wake up call. That's a move that signals that FFT thinks he's basically done, and that he's no longer a priority or a thought in French tennis. It would be really sad if that happens.

As for Bordeaux, well, at least if he beats Benoit the draw is pretty good thereafter :lol:

Gillouthe best 05-09-2011 06:01 PM

Tomorrow at centre court, 12:30

Kezzi 05-09-2011 06:22 PM

Allez! :bounce:

Via 05-10-2011 12:09 AM

yes, why are we cheering 'vamos' ??

:p