MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MTF Fitness (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=178013)

Johnny Groove 02-25-2011 08:47 PM

MTF Fitness

On the advice Mjau and the positive encouragings of several MTF members, I am starting this day by day training thread. In it, I will detail my daily fitness activities.

Today, I got up around 9, took a shower, ate a plate of pasta, ate my daily multi-vitamin, stretched out my shoulders, chest, arms, back, sides, calves, inner and outer hips, quads, and hamstrings.

Then, I went to the court. I've been trying to do something about my backhand, and I attempted to switch to a 1 hander. I can hit a decent one hander, but w/o anything resembling the power of my 2 hander. So I switched back. I ended up hitting with my friend Sammy for about an hour and a half, then he went home and I hit with my friend Gyummo for another hour and a half.

About 3 hours on court today, I still need to lose weight :o 15-20 pounds to be honest. I felt a bit sluggish out there due to the extra weight. Other than that, my game was solid.

Then I came home, did my post workout stretching, and am now drinking a protein shake :drink:

Tomorrow will be much of the same.

But I also want to know, what do you, the rest of MTF do to exercise?

buddyholly 02-25-2011 10:11 PM

Re: Day-to-Day Training Regiment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Groove (Post 10807435)

Tomorrow will be much of the same.

It won't be necessary for you to post then. We got it already.

Let us know when the regiment arrives. Will they be training with you?

Johnny Groove 02-25-2011 10:17 PM

buddyholly, why don't you just fuck right off?

buddyholly 02-25-2011 10:33 PM

Because then there would be nobody to point out the hilarious emptiness of your thread.

"I got up, then I stretched, then I went to the tennis court, then I came home. Tomorrow I will get up, then I will stretch, then I will go to the tennis court, then I will come home.''

And you said you were going to detail your fitness activities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Groove 02-25-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 10807633)
Because then there would be nobody to point out the hilarious emptiness of your thread.

"I got up, then I stretched, then I went to the tennis court, then I came home. Tomorrow I will get up, then I will stretch, then I will go to the tennis court, then I will come home.''

And you said you were going to detail your fitness activities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you want?

"I hit a backhand, then recovered to the middle of the court, then he hit to my forehand and I went over to my right, set up, and hit a forehand" x 1,000,000? Then, I ran a mile?

You bitch just to bitch. I had a feeling this would happen with this thread.

Johnny Groove 02-26-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA (Post 10807915)
I like buddyholly's frijoles negros and I also like the idea of this thread. Both have won so all must have prizes :p

I would like the thread even more if JGroove you invited other members to share what they did each day to train/exercise. It would be like encouraging people to show off that they didn't sit on their ass all day.

This is a good idea :yeah:

MTF, what do you do for exercise?

Tzar 02-26-2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Groove (Post 10807754)
What do you want?

"I hit a backhand, then recovered to the middle of the court, then he hit to my forehand and I went over to my right, set up, and hit a forehand" x 1,000,000? Then, I ran a mile?

You bitch just to bitch. I had a feeling this would happen with this thread.

Jonathan, honestly most of these people don't give two shits. I feel like you're taking it too seriously. If you want to avoid haters, and have people take you more seriously, just update them whenever something big happens. They don't want to know what you ate, who you played with etc. Idk just my two cents. :wavey:

Nathaliia 02-26-2011 11:37 AM

Re: MTF Fitness

I think this thread is an excellent idea, but everybody seems to not really get the purpose! It's not just about him, it's about all of us :shrug: How easy it's just to come and rant.

I allowed myself a bit too much weight-wise and it's the time to burn it before the summer :yeah: I decided to exercise for an hour daily (afternoons or evening; i feel the most energetic then) and stretch for approx. 15 minutes just before the sleep.
Diet isn't my strongest point, when I see chocolates, they don't allow me to say no to them, but lately been having way too much pasta and it needs to change.

And you, MTF? Any goals? :scratch:

Cloudygirl 02-26-2011 01:10 PM

well last night my friends and I (4 of us) ate 4 large pizza's between us and the exercise was going to the fridge to get out the chocolate trifle desert ;) ;)

Cloudygirl 02-26-2011 01:30 PM

It was a special treat. I don't eat like that all the time.

I was going to do a boxercise class today but my ankle is massively swollen again today. I fell down the stairs in August and badly sprained my ankle and it is still making exercise incredibly difficult.

Can hardly walk today.

Sapeod 02-26-2011 05:12 PM

Tzar & buddyholly are right. Who really cares?
Johnny Groove (:haha:), you take yourself way too seriously and think everyone cares what you think, when nobody cares.

Nathaliia 02-26-2011 05:28 PM

This is the thread where buddyholly will post; other threads he'd say are unnecessary, irrelevant and childish:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=178055

--------
Martial arts as exercise? :scared: Brawl in the pub?

Arkulari 02-26-2011 06:06 PM

I've always been an active person, played volleyball in school and college and competed in archery for a while.

Nowadays I do archery, squash, pilates and swimming, combined with a bit of weight work.

Archery is one of my greatest passions and I try to practice it as much as I can, nowadays it's 4-5 times a week, I have to stretch the upper part of my body to be able to deliver my best shooting; I'm currently using a 60lb compound bow in my outdoor rounds and a 50lb one in my indoor rounds, I tend to shoot for about an hour on either one or half and half, keeping score of course, on weekends it can go up to 3 hours depending on my mood (and how good or bad the week has gone :p )

I don't play tennis, but I do love to play squash, being a left hander it's a great advantage in racket sports :p, I try to do it at least twice a week but it depends a lot on my schedule, normally it's once a week, I have to run a bit in the gym before to warm up my muscles, stretch and then play for an hour, stretch again.

Pilates is something I'm doing daily, only takes about 30 minutes in the morning before I go to work, I have a mat and a ball to do my exercises, it has build a lot of flexibility, stability and control, specially to my archery, because my shoulders and back have better support and I'm able to stretch more easily :)

My kids are taking swimming classes in the weekends, so both me and my husband join them sometimes, other times I like to have a leisure stroll in the pool after a hard round of archery to loosen up my muscles, it's not something I do weekly but it's getting more regular with their classes.

The weight work is varied, I don't usually do it the same day I do archery or if I do, then it's leg work, the days I don't shoot I do shoulder/back and arm strengthening exercises, not too much weight because I don't want to gain too much muscle, just enough for my muscles to be strong, I lift 30 pounds at most in arms and about 60 in my legs, I can lift more but like I said, I'm not interested in becoming big.

My diet is very mediterranean based but it's more about being used to it than any particular weight loss program: I eat a lot of fish, shrimp, vegetables, fruits, some wine, I like steaks, potatoes, plantains, cassava, rice...

I'm not a big fan of fast food and candy isn't something that makes me crazy, the occasional chocolate or ice cream but that's about it, no protein shakes, no weird diets.

Lee 02-26-2011 06:56 PM

Thanks for the thread, Jon!!! An incentive for me to get back to exercise.

With my wonky ankles, knees and hip, and I can't swim to save my life so yoga is my choice of exercise now but I really need to get my behind back on my WiiFit :lol:

Cloudygirl 02-26-2011 07:01 PM

I just don't know where you get the time Nat. You are super woman!!