Mens Tennis Forums banner

Marseille 2011

6K views 98 replies 18 participants last post by  Sonja1989 
#1 ·
Grisho has got Wild Card! :)
Hopefully he will has good draw. It will make on Sarurday noon local time (11 GMT). :)

#2 ·
This is great! I was not really looking forward to three qualifying matches in a draw full of players around top 100 so now he gets the time to practice and hopefully a good main draw!
Fingers crossed for some luck this time around! :yeah:

#3 ·
What do you guys prefer?

Grigor gets a tough opponent (seeded) but gets on a televised court or an easy opponent a non televised court?

It would be better for him to beat a high quality opponent imo

#6 ·
Some doubts over Berdych and Gulbis who are down with flu and might pull out, but generally Grigor should avoid Soderling, Youzhny and Melzer and probably Tsonga because they have a bye. That should be enough for him as the other players are impressive by name, but have their issues and injuries. I definitely prefer him to play on non-TV courts, but reach the quarterfinals at least :)
Having to pick a 1st round opponent I will go with Golubev once more.

#9 ·
Has been reported? i hope he doesn't either.

lot of out of form players in the draw that are ripe for the picking...

-Gulbis
-Davydenko
- Cilic
-Melzer

Grigor can beat any of them, but i don't like Davydenko's consistency for now. Ljubo will be toygh as he has a rep for taking out young players with his experience. Jo and Berdych are beatable.He beat Berdych before and he should have learnt from the Tsonga loss (there was nothing in that). He has beaten Llodra indoors as well last year in France. Overall i like the field and thinking about it, I'd also prefer Grisha gets an easy win first as it would do wonders for his confidence before a top player.

Really excited to see how he does and quietly hoping he wins the whole thing :D

#11 ·
Our beloved grisho should start winning easy tournaments like that or he might be left behind Rafael and Rodger as number 3 in GOAT race...or even 4 ...because of Sampres....

#15 ·
Ouch. I don't think that this is good draw. Tursunov played very well against Berdych.
The good news is I think they will play on televised court if they plays on Monday.
If he win the match he will play against Ljubicic. :) If Ljubo win in Rotterdam won't be terrible. :)

#18 · (Edited)
[1] Robin SODERLING (SWE) has a Bye
[WC] Nicolas MAHUT (FRA) vs QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vs Tobias KAMKE (GER)
Julien BENNETEAU (FRA) vs [8] Michael LLODRA (FRA)

[4] Jurgen MELZER (AUT) has a Bye
Robin HAASE (NED) vs Andreas SEPPI (ITA)
[WC] Grigor DIMITROV (BUL) vs Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS)
Andrey GOLUBEV (KAZ) vs [5] Ivan LJUBICIC (CRO)

[6] Jo-Wilfried TSONGA (FRA) vs [WC] Benoit PAIRE (FRA)
Illya MARCHENKO (UKR) vs Sergiy STAKHOVSKY (UKR)
Nikolay DAVYDENKO (RUS) vs Gilles SIMON (FRA)
[3] Mikhail YOUZHNY (RUS) has a Bye

[7] Ernests GULBIS (LAT) vs Philipp PETZSCHNER (GER)
Marin CILIC (CRO) vs QUALIFIER
Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA) vs QUALIFIER
[2] Tomas BERDYCH (CZE) has a Bye

Just posting the full draw to have a full view of the event. I think first round is passable as the surface will suit both, but now Grigor has more experience and better confidence. Ljubicic should be tough, but he might be tired so Grigor could have a shot at him if he gets there. Melzer should then be too much, but he was very shaky against Cilic in Rotterdam and might repeat the early exit here. I will not go further as the semifinal sounds too much and Lithuanian users will come and mock me.
Anyway, 2nd round will be sufficient for me as he needs points to climb and to juslity the wild card.

Good luck, Grisha!!! :worship:

#32 ·
He will beat Dima i think. Dima lacks intensity and his game matches up well with Grigor i think. It could have been worse.

I don't like Ljubo though, he always plays well against youngsters and has a HUGE serve something that Grigor doesn't like. Hopefully Golubev beats Ljubo. I have HIGH hopes for this tourney.

VERY exciting. Lets hope Grisha vs Dima is televised

#36 ·
Pifas, you do realize that there is a rule regarding trolling in player forums?. Just a hint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.