MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Challenger Series (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ATP Challenger Tour "Player Spotlight" curse (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=176521)

VIPer7 02-01-2011 11:43 AM

ATP Challenger Tour "Player Spotlight" curse

Did anybody else notice that the so called "Player Spotlight" on the ATP Challenger Tour page seems to be cursed?

I have no stats about this, but almost everytime the player that's presented there (usually one of the top seeds in a current challenger tournament) gets an early 1st or 2nd round exit. Recent examples: This week Marinko Matosevic 1st round loss in Burnie, last week Andrey Golubev 1st round loss in Heilbronn.

Maybe being in the spotlight just puts too much pressure on these players :p

Btw I don't know if this thread belongs here or in the General Messages board, if it's the latter there's probably an admin who can move it there please.

Jacques_Ukraine 02-01-2011 11:46 AM

Re: ATP Challenger Tour "Player Spotlight" curse

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIPer7 (Post 10741068)
Did anybody else notice that the so called "Player Spotlight" on the ATP Challenger Tour page seems to be cursed?

I have no stats about this, but almost everytime the player that's presented there (usually one of the top seeds in a current challenger tournament) gets an early 1st or 2nd round exit. Recent examples: This week Marinko Matosevic 1st round loss in Burnie, last week Andrey Golubev 1st round loss in Heilbronn.

Maybe being in the spotlight just puts too much pressure on these players :p

Btw I don't know if this thread belongs here or in the General Messages board, if it's the latter there's probably an admin who can move it there please.

Yes, agree. Today when I saw new image of the page, I also thought about the same :)

The Matador 02-01-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques_Ukraine (Post 10741078)
Yes, agree. Today when I saw new image of the page, I also thought about the same :)

kamke was there last week lost 2nd round to crazy man bozoljac after being 3-0 40-15 and 4-2 1st set.

VIPer7 02-14-2011 01:49 PM

last week Andreas Seppi actually won the Bergamo tournament, but this week Denis Gremelmayr was hit by the curse: First round exit in Meknes to Guillermo Olaso...

Jacques_Ukraine 02-14-2011 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yee :)

Lost in the 1st round :(

Nathaliia 02-14-2011 06:59 PM

I've been paying attention to this pattern for over a year, it's very funny :lol: Happens practically every week for a long-haul period, not just in 2011!

Ozone 02-14-2011 10:56 PM

I noticed this on my own a few years ago, and Im surprised that others caught on. Mr. Seppi won Bergamo last week, however.

VIPer7 02-22-2011 11:41 AM

And another week with Gremelmayer in the spotlight, which caused him to withdraw from the tournament in Casablanca (official withdrawal reason is "flu", but actually it's "fear" ;))

hyperren 02-22-2011 11:29 PM

Not quite the same, but Tursunov is the "headliner" on the Challenger page, and he just lost R1 in Dubai...

Jacques_Ukraine 02-28-2011 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New image. What will it bring to Ryan Sweeting?

abollo 02-28-2011 02:33 PM

That's so true
Will it be Sweeting this week :haha:

abollo 03-02-2011 04:09 AM

this curse is very real :haha:
Sweeting had withdrawn from Dallas
this is so funny!!

JMG 03-03-2011 09:48 AM

Grow up and don't believe in this.

Helevorn 03-03-2011 11:40 AM

Wow, I noticed this too but it's really creepy!! Sweeting on the spotlight.. and Sweeting withdrew even before tournament started! It's really strange :D

Jacques_Ukraine 03-07-2011 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New victim? Probably Paul is tired after the DC matches...