MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   Winter Indoor Season 2011 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=176300)

soulage 01-29-2011 01:31 PM

Winter Indoor Season 2011

It's time for the small winter indoor season. Arno's schedule should be Zagreb, Quimper, Marseille, off or QDubai and then why not Cherbourg.

He starts in Zagreb vs Kukushkin, i saw him play last year and it's a good baseliner in a good day he hits a lot of winners. He won his first title in indoor last year in moscow or St peterburg :confused: Well a good indoor player. He plays doubles with Kas again a new partner :lol: he wrote on his facebook that he worked on his forward game and the volley and that his sensations was quite good so there not great :lol:

Fat Camel 01-29-2011 06:06 PM

Re: Winter Indoor Season 2011

Yeah, I live in StPetersburg, saw his game alive.
He is ok at all shots, i didnt's see the weakest link in his game, but i hope Arnaud will find it, this is an opponent, whom he can beat.

Via 01-30-2011 10:29 PM

a guy who won in st petersburg doesn't sound like a guy he can beat :lol: but good luck!

Fat Camel 01-31-2011 03:28 PM

Arnaud plays doubles tomorrow against two big german guys Mayer and Berrer.
Not good, that his single match is on Wednesday:( No time for rest if he win...

soulage 01-31-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Camel (Post 10739058)
Arnaud plays doubles tomorrow against two big german guys Mayer and Berrer.
Not good, that his single match is on Wednesday:( No time for rest if he win...

If he wins one match we would be already happy no time to think to the next one :lol: Tough match in doubles, Berrer and Mayer are big servers 3 germans and one french on the court he will feel alone :lol: Good luck to the little french guy :)

Fat Camel 01-31-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulage (Post 10739498)
If he wins one match we would be already happy no time to think to the next one :lol: Tough match in doubles, Berrer and Mayer are big servers 3 germans and one french on the court he will feel alone :lol: Good luck to the little french guy :)

Yeah, you are right, i am always too optimistic about Arnaud:)

Fat Camel 02-01-2011 10:56 AM

But every year there is some big weeks for Arnaud in singles;)
2010 - Auckland and almost second week of USOpen
2009 - Fantastic finish of the season with great victiries over Tsonga, Haas.
2008 - Wimbledon
2007 - Grass season before Wimbledon (i had so much hope for Wim, when i saw that Arnaud plays with a qualifier, my reaction was like - Not Nico...not Nico...and he got him. Anyway, he won in doubles, so no regret)
So even if Clement is not in a good mood, suddenly anytime he can make a hot streak:worship:

Fat Camel 02-01-2011 01:32 PM

They won 6:4;3:6;10-6!!:clap2:

So Arnaud plays against Kukushkun the second match of the day on Court 1.

soulage 02-01-2011 03:53 PM

Good for doubles :) Well court 1 tomorrow means no streaming but doesn't matter i have a meeting at that time :lol: It will be tough but good luck to him :)

Via 02-01-2011 11:15 PM

the guy can play doubles :cool:

but we cannot predict when he'll get hot again in singles so i'm not looking beyond one match either.

Fat Camel 02-02-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 10742520)
the guy can play doubles :cool:

but we cannot predict when he'll get hot again in singles so i'm not looking beyond one match either.

That's the main point: we cannot predict. Arnaud can get hot in winter, in summer, in autumn, always in different time. So i hope that something good will happen before each tournament:rolleyes:

Fat Camel 02-02-2011 01:06 PM

He won 6:4; 6:3!!!:clap2:

But that wasn't easy at all! He was winning 5:2 with two breaks but was rebroken once and had big problems serving for the match.
After 0-1 in the second set he faced 4 break-points, bu saved them all. Then Kukushkin had 0-40 but it was his turn to disappoint Arnaud. I thought Arnaud could be tired but after this game he got some rest, won his own serve giving no points to Mikhail, no problems after:worship:

Gasquet tomorrow. Arnaud leads 3-1, but it was in 2006, 2007. Good luck to Arnaud in singles, in doubles...in everything:)

Kezzi 02-02-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Camel (Post 10743722)
He won 6:4; 6:3!!!:clap2:

Good luck to Arnaud in singles, in doubles...in everything:)

:woohoo:

:yeah: Allez!

Kezzi 02-02-2011 03:28 PM

Arnaud on Facebook:

Quote:

C'est toujours bon pour le moral une victoire comme aujourd'hui ! Même si je n'ai pas été assez régulier, il y a eu de bons passages notamment en phases offensives. Il faudra donc que je sois plus constant demain contre Ritchy (Richard Gasquet) car c'est un adversaire d'un tout autre calibre. Je tiens à vous remercier pour vos encouragements ! Arnaud

soulage 02-02-2011 03:32 PM

yes a win :D and thank you Fat Camel for your report :) It looks it has been a bit lucky according the stats he was not amazing on serve :devil: but a win is a win even badly. He posted again on his facebook saying it was an average match he was not regular but some good moments in offensive passages. He says he will need to be more constant vs Ritchy and he thanks us for cheering him :D

Quote:

C'est toujours bon pour le moral une victoire comme aujourd'hui ! Même si je n'ai pas été assez régulier, il y a eu de bons passages notamment en phases offensives. Il faudra donc que je sois plus constant demain contre Ritchy (Richard Gasquet) car c'est un adversaire d'un tout autre calibre. Je tiens à vous remercier pour vos encouragements ! » Arnaud