MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   From Olderer to Silverer.. Congrats :D (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=176262)

alfonsojose 01-28-2011 06:45 PM

From Olderer to Silverer.. Congrats :D

Can Roger get the no.1 with good results and 0 slams, if Nadal doesn't deliver?
--
Nee times, new no. 1. Can Olderer become Golderer, Silverer. Discuss

Certinfy 01-28-2011 06:52 PM

Re: From JesusFed to Fedzniacki ..

Federer will never be world number 1 again.

abraxas21 01-28-2011 06:52 PM

dont think so...

besides i dont see nadull not winning RG. possibly even wimby as federer seems to be only one who can bother him on grass. he's not getting the uso again, though.

samanosuke 01-28-2011 07:18 PM

Don't believe in that anymore . Yesterday's defeat was crucial . With AO title I am sure that he would reach #1 spot . And now if Djokovic wins tomorrow he will have same chance as Roger to reach #1 spot

Nadull_tard 01-28-2011 07:53 PM

I think it's technically impossible in ATP Tour, but even so, It would be less legit than Nadull's slams after cake draws.

Roger the Dodger 01-28-2011 07:54 PM

Comparing Roger to Pushniacki is wrong in the outset.

Zagor 01-28-2011 07:59 PM

Even if such thing was possible on current ATP tour what good would that do to him to end the year as #1 without holding any slam title? Regardless of what he says in interviews how important top spot is to him I still think he regards winning slams far more important still.

His goal for this season should be to bag another Wimbledon or USO,if he succeeds in doing that then his year end rank is irrelevant.

Nadull_tard 01-28-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagor (Post 10730054)
Even if such thing was possible on current ATP tour what good would that do to him to end the year as #1 without holding any slam title? Regardless of what he says in interviews how important top spot is to him I still think he regards winning slams far more important still.

His goal for this season should be to bag another Wimbledon or USO,if he succeeds in doing that then his year end rank is irrelevant.

Agreed. Winning a slam is much more valuable and meaningful that number one spot.

Jimnik 01-28-2011 08:06 PM

He won't get back to #1 even if he wins a slam.

Slamless number ones only occur during mug eras when random players win all the majors. The top 5 are too consistent for that.

tealeaves 01-28-2011 08:15 PM

Fedzniacki :haha:

TheRafaelNadal 01-28-2011 08:17 PM

Federer was no.1 for half a friggin Decade. I don't think he gives a toss abotu being number 1. He just wants to win a few more slams before he retires.

heya 01-28-2011 08:55 PM

They adore Fedddddd.

SetSampras 01-28-2011 09:09 PM

He probably won't reach #1 again.. Though he should shoot for it since hes so close to passing Sampras in total weeks but realistically he probably won't get it back. If he can manage 2 slams before he retires that will probably be enough to keep his slam count safe. If he stays at 16 that may not be safe.

Dougie 01-28-2011 09:27 PM

If he gets the no 1 spot, it will be through slams. If he starts losing early and losing points in slams, itīs not like heīll play more 500īs etc. to compensate. He wants a Slam or two before heīs done, if heīll get the no 1 ranking in progress, fine. If not, it really wonīt matter that much to him.

Sillyrabbit 01-28-2011 09:29 PM

Fedniacki- A new low :(