MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Wimbledon (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1322)
-   -   Who's Going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=176121)

Silvester 01-26-2011 02:17 PM

Who's Going?
 
Quick question..I'm planning a trip to Europe this June, it just happens to be during the two weeks of Wimbledon so I was going to try and make it to London for a day or two and attend a few matches.

I was looking online for tickets, and it said you have to fill out a Ballot before December to even try and get a ticket.

Is there any other way? I also read theres 500/day available I think at a ticket office on the grounds but those must sell out fast in the morning? anyone have experience with going to WImbledon?

ApproachShot 01-26-2011 02:38 PM

Re: wimbledon question
 
Yes, if you queue early enough in the morning then you can get tickets to the show courts - otherwise just a ground pass with access to outside courts is still absolutely worth it!

TheBoiledEgg 01-26-2011 04:05 PM

Re: wimbledon question
 
500 a day are for each show court. There's about 6000 tickets in total per day, most are ground passes.
For a ground pass you should be ok queuing up around 6am.
And overnight for a show court ticket.

MIKETM732 03-02-2011 03:39 PM

Wimbledon Ballot Drawing Notification
 
I submitted my paperwork for tickets this year for the first time through the public ballot system. Did anyone receive their ticket notifications yet? I'm not sure if I didn't luck out or if I just haven't received it yet here in the US.

Thanks.

Sinerra 03-26-2011 02:36 PM

Re: Who's Going?
 
I havent heard anything either yet. Do they also send something if you dont get any tickets?

Sombrerero loco 05-19-2011 09:28 PM

Re: Who's Going?
 
im going 5 days!:D

_A_ 05-20-2011 06:42 PM

Re: wimbledon question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ApproachShot (Post 10721276)
Yes, if you queue early enough in the morning then you can get tickets to the show courts - otherwise just a ground pass with access to outside courts is still absolutely worth it!

sorry, but what is early enough? day before or early morning like 6-7 am?

ibreak4coffee 05-20-2011 06:45 PM

Re: wimbledon question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _A_ (Post 11046195)
sorry, but what is early enough? day before or early morning like 6-7 am?

I queued a couple of times at 8am and got inside with a ground pass no problem. This was on a weekday though - I'm sure on weekends 6am might be a better choice

_A_ 05-20-2011 07:28 PM

Re: wimbledon question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee (Post 11046200)
I queued a couple of times at 8am and got inside with a ground pass no problem. This was on a weekday though - I'm sure on weekends 6am might be a better choice

and do you have experience with central/1/2/3 court?

Agrajag 05-30-2011 10:50 AM

Re: Who's Going?
 
Is there any way to buy ground passes online? I would love to see some early round action...

wtdanceisthrough 06-01-2011 02:01 PM

Re: Who's Going?
 
You can't buy ground tickets online, you can only buy them on the day of play. "The Queue" is a tradition at Wimbledon and has been for decades... I've got there at 8am or so before and still managed to get into the grounds before start of play.

This year, I will be going probably on every single day from days 2-11 (i.e. not the first day or the finals days) and queueing up for ground tickets, then hoping for some good resale tickets (5 show court tickets sold inside the ground after 3pm)

Agrajag 06-02-2011 11:01 AM

Re: Who's Going?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wtdanceisthrough (Post 11086730)
You can't buy ground tickets online, you can only buy them on the day of play. "The Queue" is a tradition at Wimbledon and has been for decades... I've got there at 8am or so before and still managed to get into the grounds before start of play.

This year, I will be going probably on every single day from days 2-11 (i.e. not the first day or the finals days) and queueing up for ground tickets, then hoping for some good resale tickets (5 show court tickets sold inside the ground after 3pm)

Thank you.

ibreak4coffee 06-17-2011 06:23 PM

Re: Who's Going?
 
Has anyone had prior experience queuing the first Saturday of the Championships? I'm fine with just getting a grounds pass, but are there more people in the queue because its a weekend or not as many as you'd think since the majority of matches on outer courts are doubles?


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.