MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Novak Djokovic: It's time for another Grand Slam (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=175015)

finishingmove 01-11-2011 07:43 PM

Novak Djokovic: It's time for another Grand Slam

Novak Djokovic thinks that after a three year mini-crisis he is ready to break the domination of Federer and Nadal and work his way towards his goal of being #1.

Full article in Serbian:

http://www.b92.net/sport/vesti.php?y...&nav_id=485119

Thoughts?

MTwEeZi 01-11-2011 07:47 PM

Re: Novak Djokovic: It's time for another Grand Slam

he could always use another slam

finishingmove 01-11-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTwEeZi (Post 10665718)
he could always use another slam

What do you think about his chances this year?

misty1 01-11-2011 07:49 PM

well all i can say is that we now have 2 players who feel they can break the roger/rafa slam dominence, lets see if either of them actually step up and do it.

theKSHE 01-11-2011 07:52 PM

It's possible but they will have to work a lot harder.

MTwEeZi 01-11-2011 07:53 PM

Good chance at AO (20%) [30%-Nad 30%-Fed 10%-Mur 10%-Sod]

Small chance at RG (10%)[75%-Nad 10%-Sod 4%-Fed 1%-Monfils]

Very small chance at Wimbledon (8.75%) [50%-Nad 20%-Mur 10%-Sod 8.75%-Fed 2.5%-Ber]

Great chance at USO (25%) [25%-Fed 20%-Del 20%-Nad 7%-Mur 2%-GGL 1%-Nalbandian]

Nadull_tard 01-11-2011 07:59 PM

AO 2008 was his first and last slam. There will no more mono-Fed and GS rookie like Bonga.

Certinfy 01-11-2011 08:01 PM

Would be nice if he could get his 2nd in a few weeks :)

finishingmove 01-11-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theKSHE (Post 10665732)
It's possible but they will have to work a lot harder.

Nole had better preparations for this year's AO than the previous two years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTwEeZi (Post 10665737)
Good chance at AO (20%) (30%-Nad 30%-Fed 10%-Murray 10%-Sod)

Small chance at RG (10%)(75%-Nad 10%-Sod 4%-Fed 1%-Monfils)

Very small chance at Wimbledon (5%)

Great chance at USO (25%)

I don't give Soderling much chance here, he never does that well in Australia.

Nole is just behind Nadal, and let's say Federer, for this AO.

If he keeps his form and plays his cards right he could be the top favourite for the USO, considering how well he's always done there. It's between him and Federer IMO.

Wimbledon, don't have much hopes.

RG, no chance of beating Nadal, other than that he could do very well.

Nadull_tard 01-11-2011 08:15 PM

I'm not sure what is the base of your opinion about Nole's chances at USO?
He was incapable to beat Nadal on his worst surface, merely winning a single set, he has never defeated Nadull in Slam, he took 2 sets of him in 5 matches, so it seems to be a really one-sided rivalry in GS.
As for Federer, he took full advantage of mono-Fed, which was a questionably legit victory, and almost lost against half-tanking Federer in USO semi.

iriraz 01-11-2011 08:16 PM

With Djokovic u never know.He could beat Federer or Nadal in a slam if he plays really well and the other 2 play at a lower level but it`s tough if he has to beat both of them to win a slam.After one tough match he will probably be tired.

tennizen 01-11-2011 08:19 PM

If he can avoid Federer, he has a good chance. He still can beat Rafa on a hardcourt on a good day.

Garson007 01-11-2011 08:20 PM

This year is the year of the Djokovic Golden Slam. They'll host a interm Olympics at the end of the year, just for this honour.

romismak 01-11-2011 08:21 PM

Good words from Djokovic. Really is time, but this AO will be very tough to win. Yeas Federer and Nadal have von i donīt know now exactly the numbers- but most of last slams- 21 from last 23? or something like that, but this AO i think will be someone else- it is just- Rafa isnīt playing so well and will be under such big pressure to win 4th in a row and everyone will be going after him on other side Roger in form right now isnīt much better like Djokovic or Murray in form, also Soderling played well in Brisbane so i think everyone from this 5 guys can won- and Roger and Rafa are only 2from 5 guys so really for me it looks like someone else will win this year AO.

Nole fan 01-11-2011 08:22 PM

The article in English

Djokovic ready to end three-year wait for major glory

Novak Djokovic believes 2011 could be the year he breaks Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal's stranglehold on the world No. 1 spot.

The world No. 3 claimed his first grand slam title at the 2008 Australian Open, but has failed to build on his Melbourne triumph, and is yet to achieve his dream of reaching the No. 1 ranking.

But after a "mini-crisis", having changed his racket and overhauled his service technique, Djokovic is confident he can end his three-year lean streak.

"It's been three years since I won my only grand slam," Djokovic told The Times. "After that a lot of people expected me to win one more, a couple more, because I was really on the top of my game. But for some reason, mentally I was destabilised.

"I was always trying things, changing the racket. Everyone goes through a mini-crisis. You have to overcome it, you have to stand up and say, 'OK, now I really want to get back, now I have to dedicate myself to the sport and get a couple of good years and reach the lifetime goal, to be No. 1'."

Federer and Nadal have held a duopoly over the top ranking since 2004, but Djokovic believes he has what it takes to beat the world's best at the highest level, and has set his sights on a second grand slam title in 2011.

"I think I have all the qualities that I need to do it," he said. "Obviously I have great guys around that are able to win grand slams, even more now, but obviously Federer, Nadal are the best. But I've won against them and I know what it takes on the big stage."

However Djokovic, who is a popular member on the men's tour, refuses to adopt a 'win at all costs' mentality. He said: "If I have to sacrifice being No. 1 in the world that's OK, because I don't want to change my personality. It's more important for me to be a good person than to be a good tennis player."

-----

I believe he can do it, vamos Nole! :rocker2: