MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Canada (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1435)
-   -   Canadian Players 2 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=174934)

Snowwy 01-10-2011 12:37 PM

Canadian Players 2
 
Our other thread has reached the max posts for a thread on MTF (5000) so we will start a new one.

Here is a link to the old one.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=5037

We can either keep this second thread or see if they will allow us to get a subform for Canadian players like many other countries have (which they may not allow).

What do you guys think?

GasquetGulbis 01-10-2011 01:49 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
I think we should definitely try for a subforum. Once Dancevic gets back on form, and now that Raonic is coming up, we probably have as much a right to the forum as Asia, which only has 2 player forums, and then 1 subforum.

FormerRafaFan 01-10-2011 02:12 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis (Post 10662247)
I think we should definitely try for a subforum. Once Dancevic gets back on form, and now that Raonic is coming up, we probably have as much a right to the forum as Asia, which only has 2 player forums, and then 1 subforum.

I'm sorry, but Dancevic back to form?!?! Isn't he still ranked around, like, 300? That is not very good imo. I know he's trying to come back from injury, but he's been "trying" for way too long now.

Our best hope I think is to get a subforum for Milos. He is only getting more and more popular here on MTF, and he's getting better and better too. Won't be too long before he cracks the Top 100 :)

misty1 01-10-2011 04:10 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
i bet you just jinxed that now

i know frank will be back, he just needs a draw where he can get himself going instead of having to play those seeded players in the first round all the damn time:mad:

but yeah i think, if asia who really only currently has nishikori deserves a sub forum then canada sure as hell does

ibreak4coffee 01-10-2011 04:39 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
We need a sub-forum. Consistently around 20 Canadians (and honorary Canadian Sokk :worship:) of us post in here. There are others who show up for commentary on Dancevic and Polansky, and I bet a lot more will start looking for Raonic.

Frankly Berankis and Dimitrov have their own threads... so does Dustin Brown! I think Milos needs his own too :)

GasquetGulbis 01-10-2011 04:39 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
Frank still has the caliber to compete with players of Haase's level, I'm sure he'll get back to around the top 100, won't do much more, but still a good ranking.

ibreak4coffee 01-10-2011 04:40 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
Awesome news - according to the Australian Open thread here there will be livestreaming for the qualies :worship:

misty1 01-10-2011 04:55 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee (Post 10662604)
Awesome news - according to the Australian Open thread here there will be livestreaming for the qualies :worship:

i like that...but for every court?

FormerRafaFan 01-10-2011 05:07 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by misty1 (Post 10662657)
what you mean milos deserves a sub forum like grigor? or a thread like frank?

Maybe someone should make a thread for Milos. He has a following here on MTF, and is probably the only Canadian player with that many international fans :)

misty1 01-10-2011 05:15 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
if you want me to i'll start one

just wasnt sure what he meant because rycka doesnt have what grigor does.even though i think he deserves one

if im right and getting a thread like grigor has takes popularity+ accomplishment and by that i mean challenger win then milos will have to wait.

FormerRafaFan 01-10-2011 06:22 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by misty1 (Post 10662697)
if you want me to i'll start one

just wasnt sure what he meant because rycka doesnt have what grigor does.even though i think he deserves one

if im right and getting a thread like grigor has takes popularity+ accomplishment and by that i mean challenger win then milos will have to wait.

Huh? how can challenger wins trump winning ATP matches? And if you're worried about popularity, well, I agree that Grigor is more popular than Milos, now. But I've noticed Milos getting more and more fans. People seem to generally like him and comment on his matches in GM. I think he will get more fans and be more popular eventually when he wins more ATP matches, which I'm sure he will! :)

misty1 01-10-2011 08:03 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
how the hell should i know how that trumps it? thats just my theory i really have no idea how they decide who gets a thread.

i would guess, like i said accomplishment+populairty+interest and activity in the players thread.


if it wasnt true than rycka would have a thread of his own aswell.

FormerRafaFan 01-10-2011 08:26 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by misty1 (Post 10663167)
how the hell should i know how that trumps it? thats just my theory i really have no idea how they decide who gets a thread.

i would guess, like i said accomplishment+populairty+interest and activity in the players thread.


if it wasnt true than rycka would have a thread of his own aswell.

Sorry if I sounded rude, that wasn't my intention.

I agree with you. I think they decide on the progress a player makes and his popularity and how many fans he's got. I think that's why Grigor got his own subforum. He's popular and winning lots of matches. Not saying he doesn't deserve it. I think he does, and I'm not even a fan. And I don't think Milos has quite reached his level yet, but like I said, I think Milos is progressing just fine. And I think people will notice him more when he wins more matches. He'll get his own subforum eventually. I'm just glad he has his own thread now. At least that's something ;)

misty1 01-10-2011 09:13 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
thats okay, i blame the internet. Its hard to read into exactly what is behind someone's posts

im sorry i kind of bit your head off

Blarghman 01-10-2011 09:25 PM

Re: Canadian Players 2
 
Fresh new thread :cool:

It would be nice to have a subforum, hopefully it can happen, even if we are a bit small for it :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.