MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Andy Murray Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=436)
-   -   Andy's 2011 - If you fall, say you'll fall for Andy (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=174357)

scoobs 01-02-2011 02:09 PM

Andy's 2011 - If you fall, say you'll fall for Andy

Andy's playing Hopman Cup this week with Laura.

Gets underway overnight against Italy

Laura takes on Schiavone and then Andy's due out not before 3am GMT against Starace.

scoobs 01-03-2011 08:18 AM

Re: Andy's 2011 Australian Summer

Schiavone d. Robson 75 63
Murray d. Starace 75 61
Starace/Schiavone d. Murray/Robson 67 76 10-2

Not quite the start I would have liked, but meh, it's Hopman Cup :)

MsTree 01-03-2011 06:00 PM

I managed to wake up for most of the 1st set before falling asleep again :lol: He looked OK in his singles, but I got the feeling they gave up towards the end of the doubles - was just leaving for work then so wasn't giving him my full attention. Hopefully they'll win their next tie :)

Jade Fox 01-05-2011 12:55 PM

Hey where is everybody? This forum's like Deader than Disco.

To keep things on topic, Andy's form is a bit up and down today and he looks totally annoyed with himself. Good thing Hopman Cup doesn't actually count.

MsTree 01-05-2011 08:17 PM

Just watching the delayed coverage - that point with Nico jumping the net was adorable :hearts:

Shame Laura won't get her diamonds this year either :lol:

scoobs 01-05-2011 11:24 PM

I think Andy's playing himself into form and the conditions, so I'm not too fussed - he's getting it done, if not by the most efficient route.

It's strange - the performances this year are what I might have expected last year and vice versa - they've gone backwards :)

Jade Fox 01-06-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTree (Post 10646981)
Just watching the delayed coverage - that point with Nico jumping the net was adorable :hearts:

Shame Laura won't get her diamonds this year either :lol:

She could've helped Andy out by winning one of her matches you know. So really, it's her fault.:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobs (Post 10647543)
I think Andy's playing himself into form and the conditions, so I'm not too fussed - he's getting it done, if not by the most efficient route.

It's strange - the performances this year are what I might have expected last year and vice versa - they've gone backwards :)

Well I hope it's not a sign of things to come. But Hopman Cup isn't really much of an indicator of who wins the Australian Open anyways so I'm not fussed either.

scoobs 01-06-2011 01:46 PM

I am mentally preparing myself for the worst with Andy though at the Aussie - I wouldn't be surprised to see a very early loss, depending on how the draw pans out. He's been very inconsistent in Melbourne.

MsTree 01-06-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Fox (Post 10648720)
She could've helped Andy out by winning one of her matches you know. So really, it's her fault.:lol:

Last year he dragged her through the mixed, she didn't need to win any of her matches :lol:

I do like the Hopman Cup though, it's an interesting tourney, I'm glad they played it again despite going backwards :p

scoobs 01-07-2011 11:28 PM

Andy is not entered into Kooyong but does intend to play a match or two there this coming week as final tune-up for Melbourne.

Jade Fox 01-08-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTree (Post 10650454)
Last year he dragged her through the mixed, she didn't need to win any of her matches :lol:

I do like the Hopman Cup though, it's an interesting tourney, I'm glad they played it again despite going backwards :p

I guess this year they can both take the blame for the lack of diamonds. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobs (Post 10654886)
Andy is not entered into Kooyong but does intend to play a match or two there this coming week as final tune-up for Melbourne.

Thanks for the info Chris! Kooyong used to be the place to go for many top players.

Yazoo.C 01-09-2011 05:49 PM

Andy moves down to No.5 because Soderling won Brisbane. That also means he will be seeded 5th at the AO and there is a chance he could face Fed or Rafa in the quarters. :tears:

Hopefully he gets a good draw.

scoobs 01-10-2011 06:33 AM

Same thing happened last year with Del Potro.

I still have an ominous feeling about Andy's chances this year - I'm bracing myself for the worst result.

MsTree 01-11-2011 11:09 PM

Andy's playing Cilic on Thursday in Kooyong. Hope there's a stream!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9356759.stm

Yazoo.C 01-13-2011 05:52 PM

Andy can't play Kooyong anymore because of rain :(

Quote:

British number one Andy Murray's hopes of playing a final warm-up match before the Australian Open appear to have been scuppered by heavy rain in Melbourne.

Murray was due to play an exhibition against Marin Cilic, the man he beat in last year's Australian Open semi-final, at the Kooyong Classic on Thursday.

However, rain wiped out Wednesday's play, wrecking the four-day event.

Tournament director Colin Stubs said: "Precedence has to go to the matches of players who signed up. Andy didn't."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9356759.stm