MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fringe (TV Series) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=172087)

Hewitt =Legend 11-08-2010 12:37 AM

Fringe (TV Series)

Anyone watch Fringe here. Made by the same guy that created Lost so if you liked lost then Fringe is right up your alley. Just caught up with the states up to season 3, it keeps getting better!

Clay Death 11-08-2010 12:44 AM

Re: Fringe (TV Series)

have not heard of it until now H=L. will check it out when i get a chance.

MalwareDie 11-08-2010 12:49 AM

I have only seen one or two episodes from each season. Fringe seems pretty decent.

Hewitt =Legend 11-08-2010 12:49 AM

Yeah I hadn't heard of it until a couple of months ago when I stumbled across it on the net. I think the first season aired here in Oz but the show got cancelled because of poor ratings. I'd rate it better than Lost though, stuff actually happens in every episode!

orangehat 11-08-2010 01:37 AM

Have been watching since season 1. Fantastic underrated show, season 3 is mind-blowing so far.

Season 1 and most of season 2 is episodic, the story arc kind of only got moving towards the end of season 2.

The story arc is insanely brilliant and yes, questions do actually get answered.
Their episodic adventures are pretty enjoyable too (with the exception of the musical episode :o)

In all a must-watch if you're a sci-fi fan/serialised TV fan.
Too bad most of the tv viewers these days only watch sitcoms and procedural dramas.

Hewitt =Legend 11-08-2010 01:53 AM

What was that random episode in season 2? The one where Charlie was alive again.

Totally agreed though the storyline is absolutely brilliant and very creative. The acting is tremendous as well, especially as they have to portray their alternate selves. Walter is the best in my opinion.

orangehat 11-08-2010 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend (Post 10499456)
What was that random episode in season 2? The one where Charlie was alive again.

Totally agreed though the storyline is absolutely brilliant and very creative. The acting is tremendous as well, especially as they have to portray their alternate selves. Walter is the best in my opinion.

That one was actually an unaired episode from season 1 supposedly part of the story arc (though I don't notice how they were linked :lol:)

I love the new characters in season 3 now though, especially Lincoln Lee (Seth Gabel)

Aenea 11-08-2010 05:54 AM

I've been following this series since its start. The only series I follow actually. I like it very much, very well thought and developed. The only thing I don't like is Ana Torve's acting but it is not something that will turn me off of the show.
orangehat, what new characters in season 3? Besides the one you mentioned there are not any. I liked the taxi driver in episode 1 and too bad he was only in that one episode. Why did they kill Newton I was huge fan of his.
Another thing I have to mention is that they stole the idea about the Observers from Odyssey 5, not only the idea but everything about the Observers is a direct copy 1:1. Really disappointing.
Overall a good series and I recommend it to anyone who likes sci fi.

wee 11-08-2010 06:01 AM

Very decent Fringe. But I have seen part of the Series.

Hewitt =Legend 11-08-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangehat (Post 10499596)
That one was actually an unaired episode from season 1 supposedly part of the story arc (though I don't notice how they were linked :lol:)

I love the new characters in season 3 now though, especially Lincoln Lee (Seth Gabel)

Yeah I had no idea what was going on there. Thanks for that. Maybe it was part of the writer's strike or something and they had to air a random episode for that week. I wonder what Lincoln's back story is as we havn't seen him in our universe yet, I bet it will be important. I actually thought that Lincoln and Nick Laine were the same person at first until I checked and saw that they were different actors. They look so similar!

Does anyone think that the people being alive in the amber will be important in relation to the entire plot of the show? Like maybe someone they need is stuck in there or Walter might try and find a solution to cure it because he feels bad about what happened to the other side after he took Peter.

orangehat 11-08-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aenea (Post 10499610)
I've been following this series since its start. The only series I follow actually. I like it very much, very well thought and developed. The only thing I don't like is Ana Torve's acting but it is not something that will turn me off of the show.
orangehat, what new characters in season 3? Besides the one you mentioned there are not any. I liked the taxi driver in episode 1 and too bad he was only in that one episode. Why did they kill Newton I was huge fan of his.
Another thing I have to mention is that they stole the idea about the Observers from Odyssey 5, not only the idea but everything about the Observers is a direct copy 1:1. Really disappointing.
Overall a good series and I recommend it to anyone who likes sci fi.

Possible spoiler for those who haven't seen season 3 > Amy Madigan (Olivia's mum over there) is supposed to be a minor-to-major recurring character , and yes of course Andre Royo from The Wire as the cab driver.

They do indeed have a problem with killing off their bad guys way too quickly, David Robert Jones in season 1 now Newton

Well not necessarily new per se but I consider the alternate versions of the characters to be sort of new haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend (Post 10499624)
Yeah I had no idea what was going on there. Thanks for that. Maybe it was part of the writer's strike or something and they had to air a random episode for that week. I wonder what Lincoln's back story is as we havn't seen him in our universe yet, I bet it will be important. I actually thought that Lincoln and Nick Laine were the same person at first until I checked and saw that they were different actors. They look so similar!

Does anyone think that the people being alive in the amber will be important in relation to the entire plot of the show? Like maybe someone they need is stuck in there or Walter might try and find a solution to cure it because he feels bad about what happened to the other side after he took Peter.

That was EXACTLY what I thought too! :lol:
I think there are too many theories and I don't want to spend my time thinking about them, I'm not really that devoted a TV fan, I just like to sit back and go where the writers take me go :lol: I'm lazy :p

Btw you guys are leaving wayyyyyy too many spoilers around for those who haven't seen it :lol:

Chair Umpire 11-14-2010 04:31 PM

I can't believe I missed this thread. Damn good TV series. One of my current favourites along with Dexter.

Aenea 11-14-2010 04:32 PM

Very interesting last episode :)
I find it a bit weird that Peter - a top class conman couldn't recognize B*Olivia. Will he be able to convert her?
Henry the taxi driver will be back next episode :bigclap:

Priam 11-14-2010 04:44 PM

I've been following it since Episode 1. I was a big fan of The X-Files and Lost, so I naturally gravitated towards this series. The start of season one was pretty boring, though it became more interesting towards the end. My favorite scene has to have been the end of season one with the cool alternate universe (t towers, zeppelins) and Mr. Spock himself.

SPOILERS

The cab driver will be back in this week's episode (I think I saw him in the preview). My guess is he'll help Olivia get back home.

Her dad will be appearing soon too.

Hewitt =Legend 11-16-2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aenea (Post 10519196)
Very interesting last episode :)
I find it a bit weird that Peter - a top class conman couldn't recognize B*Olivia. Will he be able to convert her?
Henry the taxi driver will be back next episode :bigclap:

Brilliant loved that guy :)

I wonder how she'll get home considering she needed the others help to get there in the first place? Maybe Walter tested on Henry as well :p