MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   What is your favorite shot? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=170176)

HKz 10-06-2010 06:01 PM

What is your favorite shot?

Yes I know, this thread has been done half a million times, but I just wanted to create a fresh one for the hell of it, especially since the Amateur Tennis section is absolutely dead.

I'm not necessarily asking for your best shot, but rather for the shot you most enjoy playing. I didn't put an "other" because I think this covers it all.

Also, posting why you love hitting that particular shot would be fun to read :)

Edit: Forgot to add my explanation-

My tennis is pretty all rounded, however, I don't possess anything major, except for probably my serve. Throughout high school, my plus side was always that opponents normally couldn't break down a particular side, and I was never uncomfortable coming to the net. So naturally I found all my shots pretty fun to play. But hitting a fantastic backhand to win a point whether it was hitting a half-volley off the baseline or flicking my backhand for a passing shot winner was always a tremendous confidence booster. I mean the moment I hit one of those kinds of shots, I just absolutely pounded everything I was offered.

_Chaz 10-06-2010 07:30 PM

Re: What is your favorite shot?

Mhm... had to choose between forehand and forehand volley but I chose fh volley just because I love volleys in general :hearts:

emotion 10-07-2010 02:47 PM

Poor lob... it is my signature shot, I can pull it off from anywhere. I also have a good behind-the-back lob

Fed Fan 10-07-2010 03:59 PM

My inside-out forehand is my signature shot. I also have a deadly backhand drop shot. Ironically, I developed it purely by accident when I was learning the backhand slice.

Johnny Groove 10-07-2010 08:52 PM

Definitely the forehand. I like to dominate points with it. Jerking the opponent around until I get a chance on a short ball, forehand approach, and volley/overhead.

I can pull it short angle cross court, crush it down the line, or any other spin/flat/deep in court combination. Not to mention my powerful and accurate returns and passing shots.

Alas, my backhand possess none of these qualities. And my serve? Well, for my game, the serve giveth, and the serve taketh away.

So my answer is my forehand :yeah:

HKz 10-08-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 (Post 10419117)
Definitely the forehand. I like to dominate points with it. Jerking the opponent around until I get a chance on a short ball, forehand approach, and volley/overhead.

I can pull it short angle cross court, crush it down the line, or any other spin/flat/deep in court combination. Not to mention my powerful and accurate returns and passing shots.

Alas, my backhand possess none of these qualities. And my serve? Well, for my game, the serve giveth, and the serve taketh away.

So my answer is my forehand :yeah:

:)

Tonkie13 10-08-2010 01:17 PM

tweener xD

out_here_grindin 10-12-2010 03:42 AM

Forehand. My favorite is slightly moving to the right. This is when I flatten it out and go up the line or crosscourt. I get low and loose for extra power, really throws my opponent off because they don't expect such an aggressive shot while I am on the move.

Fujee 10-12-2010 03:51 PM

Forehand for sure, I generate a fair amount of power on it (for an amateur), I also like approaching after hitting a forehand so my close second would be my backhand volley. My drop shot is very average most of the time, but sometimes, purely by chance I hit a smooth one and win the point. With all that in mind, I definitely get the most satisfaction from hitting a cleanly struck forehand.

GeoMaster 10-12-2010 05:35 PM

I love Passing Shots, especially those performed by Nadallisimo : ))

Caio_Brasil 10-12-2010 09:29 PM

When I get to do it well any of them pleasures me, but let me see:

-a crosscourt backhand winner
-a well-executed drop shot
-an effective serve-and-volley
-a backhand lob

Gotta say the lob is the one I really love when get to do it well, so it gets my vote.

fleabitten 10-25-2010 04:16 AM

Lately, it has been a short crosscourt forehand. I roll over it with a lot of top and major angle - always opens up the court.