MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Gilles Simon Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=971)
-   -   Gilles year-end ranking (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=170172)

aloniv 10-06-2010 03:44 PM

Gilles year-end ranking

What do you guys think it will be? He's currently in the race in the mid/lower 50s so he can certainly reach the 45-50 range with decent results until the end of the year and higher with better results (e.g. if he defeats Djokovic and reaches the semis in Beijing). I think he will finish at around the 48-50 range, although a higher ranking will obviously be preferable.

teem 10-06-2010 06:03 PM

Re: Gilles year-end ranking

for the end of this year, I really don't care about ranking because in 2011, this next year is very open you know ... so time will tell ;)

MsTree 10-06-2010 06:08 PM

As long as he keeps the upward spiral going then I'll just be happy he's playing again :)
But top 40 would be nice :D

Gillouthe best 10-06-2010 07:25 PM

If he stays in this positions from 35-45 i am happy

lalaland 10-07-2010 10:35 PM

I'm the greedy one, I hope he aims at 32, for the AO seedings ;).
But realistically, Top 40 is very achievable. But it's also impossible to predict, a lot will hinge on his luck. If he draws top seed in R1 for the remaining tournaments, that would be it. I hope the draw god has mercy on him :angel:.

aloniv 10-08-2010 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalaland (Post 10419289)
I'm the greedy one, I hope he aims at 32, for the AO seedings ;).
But realistically, Top 40 is very achievable. But it's also impossible to predict, a lot will hinge on his luck. If he draws top seed in R1 for the remaining tournaments, that would be it. I hope the draw god has mercy on him :angel:.

He probably will need to achieve at least one QF at one of the remaining masters (Shanghai or Paris). Which obviously is possible but depends on the draw.

lalaland 10-08-2010 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloniv (Post 10419566)
He probably will need to achieve at least one QF at one of the remaining masters (Shanghai or Paris). Which obviously is possible but depends on the draw.

I figure he needs at least 500 pts to get there. So unless he wins Beijing ;), if he loses to Nole tonite, then he needs more than a QF in masters. Ya, it's a stretch to get to 32, but one can dream :angel:.

Oh, but do you mean top 40? then 1 QF should do.

aloniv 10-08-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalaland (Post 10419608)
I figure he needs at least 500 pts to get there. So unless he wins Beijing ;), if he loses to Nole tonite, then he needs more than a QF in masters. Ya, it's a stretch to get to 32, but one can dream :angel:.

Oh, but do you mean top 40? then 1 QF should do.

Yeah I meant top 40. For top 32 perhaps he will need two QF at the masters and another good result. Gilles should climb up the rankings anyway next year provided he is healthy (he should reach at least the top 30 or top 25 by the middle of next year if he only wins an occasional match as he has nearly nothing to defend).

aloniv 11-16-2010 03:09 AM

Gilles is already number 42 so congrats to him! If he plays a live rubber at the Davis Cup and wins he should reach the top 40.