MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Exhibition events (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=169920)

Angle Queen 10-02-2010 04:23 AM

Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Pairings so far:

Australia Alicia Molik and Lleyton Hewitt
Belgium Justine Henin and Steve Darcis
Britain - Laura Robson and Andy Murray
France Kristina Mladenovic and Gael Monfils
Italy Francesca Schiavone and Potito Starace
Kazakhstan Yaroslava Shvedova and Andrey Golubev
Serbia Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic
USA Serena Williams? and John Isner

final team (UK) announced on 12OCT10

Citation
Final Citation

Actually, a rather impressive list so far (if they all show up). Five Six Grand Slam champions sprinkled amongst the other talent.

Despite this being an exhibition, I rather enjoy it and hope we'll get some decent coverage (TV or streams).

.-Federers_Mate-. 10-02-2010 05:13 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
I dont think Monfils will show. He is always injured the week before the AO. Henin will pull out. The rest will play

Ibracadabra 10-02-2010 07:23 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Surprised X-man wasn't asked to play given his recent form.

hellgod 10-02-2010 09:51 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
I love this event! (there are 6 Grand Slam singles champs on the list actually) It would be great if Justine and Serena would both play the event.

I was hoping to see the British team again. I don't usually like Murray too much, but I really liked his partnership with Laura Robson, who acquitted herself well here last year.

.-Federers_Mate-. 10-02-2010 10:20 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellgod (Post 10405810)
I love this event! (there are 6 Grand Slam singles champs on the list actually) It would be great if Justine and Serena would both play the event.

I was hoping to see the British team again. I don't usually like Murray too much, but I really liked his partnership with Laura Robson, who acquitted herself well here last year.

justine wont play. Doesnt give to hoots about the fans. Will come up with an injury excuse just like she did in Sydney this year.

Labamba 10-02-2010 09:13 PM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Spain won't defend?

excellent list so far :cool:

Angle Queen 10-03-2010 12:24 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellgod (Post 10405810)
I love this event! (there are 6 Grand Slam singles champs on the list actually) It would be great if Justine and Serena would both play the event.

:o

I keep forgetting Ana won RG back in '08. I'm not a huge fan of the WTA. But like you hope that both Justine and Serena play. Although I definitely not a fan, Serena is, without doubt, a fantastic doubles player and she and John will make a formidable pair.

I had thought Serena might ask for either Bob Bryan or Andy Roddick to play...as if (god forbid) they might practice some for the '12 Olympics. I don't know that she's "declared" in or out or who she might play with.

Quote:

I was hoping to see the British team again. I don't usually like Murray too much, but I really liked his partnership with Laura Robson, who acquitted herself well here last year.
Ditto. I was actually quite impressed with Robson and even Murray came off as likable.

And...here's hoping Spain indeed makes an entry although I doubt Sanchez/Robredo would be their pair.

.-Federers_Mate-. 10-03-2010 05:35 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angle Queen (Post 10407596)
:o

I keep forgetting Ana won RG back in '08. I'm not a huge fan of the WTA. But like you hope that both Justine and Serena play. Although I definitely not a fan, Serena is, without doubt, a fantastic doubles player and she and John will make a formidable pair.

I had thought Serena might ask for either Bob Bryan or Andy Roddick to play...as if (god forbid) they might practice some for the '12 Olympics. I don't know that she's "declared" in or out or who she might play with.

Ditto. I was actually quite impressed with Robson and even Murray came off as likable.

And...here's hoping Spain indeed makes an entry although I doubt Sanchez/Robredo would be their pair.




Andy defo wont play (brisbane)...if Spain do indeed come, Robredo will play.

Action Jackson 10-03-2010 05:43 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibracadabra (Post 10405598)
Surprised X-man wasn't asked to play given his recent form.

No need to, just an exho.

.-Federers_Mate-. 10-03-2010 05:47 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Action Jackson (Post 10407941)
No need to, just an exho.


come on :D..gotta love them aussie exhos!!

Action Jackson 10-03-2010 05:50 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. (Post 10407944)
come on :D..gotta love them aussie exhos!!

No, it's an exho and that's all it is. Gives players some time before the AO, it serves a purpose but it's not special.

.-Federers_Mate-. 10-03-2010 06:11 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Action Jackson (Post 10407949)
No, it's an exho and that's all it is. Gives players some time before the AO, it serves a purpose but it's not special.


The tour comes down under once a year. Imo they are extremely important. If only the quality of play was better at kooyong though.

coonster14 10-03-2010 10:45 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Ana & Nole - SWEET!!! :p and Justine as well, that's good enough for me.

dinkulpus 10-09-2010 09:56 PM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Ana :smooch::smooch::smooch:
I heard that Bulgaria can play here :rolleyes:

~EMiLiTA~ 10-13-2010 04:33 AM

Re: Hopman Cup XXIII -- January 2011
 
Andy Murray & Laura Robson are coming back for Great Britain.

Sick lineup :rocker2:


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.