MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sorry, I think you are wrong (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=165632)

Goldenoldie 07-19-2010 12:49 PM

Sorry, I think you are wrong

"we have a banned users thread to stop all the pm's and new threads : where's so and so? Why's so and so banned?

Read the rules....you don't like them...tough....apparently we need them you break them, face the concequences...

as this thread is clearly going the wrong way...it's closed as of now."

(Posted by -~Carlita~-)

I am a big supporter of the mods on here and have made no secret of the fact, but I think you have made a mistake in closing that particular thread.

There has to be somewhere an ordinary poster can voice their concerns when, rightly or wrongly, they see something which they believe to be unfair.

If the banned users thread was updated promptly after any ban I would be happy, and so, I think would everybody else.

But imposing a ban and then not updating the banned users thread for hours or days afterwards leaves people asking questions, and surely we/they have a right to ask politely for the facts?

Sofonda Cox 07-19-2010 07:42 PM

Re: Sorry, I think you are wrong

The mods/admins didn't have to do a banned users thread at all ;) But i do agree that it should be up-to-date or not at all. Personally, I think they should keep it to a list of permabanned members - then if someone who is banned is not on the list other posters can assume they will be back at some point and not ask mods/admins questions.

cobalt60 07-19-2010 10:51 PM

Actually I really want to know who all the double accounts are ? Say like Andy Neyer ; I am dying to know who his/her alter ego is. And since he spouted so much anti-Israeli sentiment and stirred up trouble I think I and others have a right to know.
Maybe I should have taken that mod job ages ago. How silly was I?

Ivanatis 07-19-2010 11:02 PM

I appreciate the banned-user-thread a lot. It's good to see a complete collection of who is banned and for how long (the "for what" is rather irrelevant imo) in contrast to the concealment policy on TF.

To keep it uptodate, my suggestion would be that any of the technical admins programs a feature, a list (available only to admins) which automatically displays all currently blocked users including the date, the duration and the offence. This way it would be no more than copy+paste and done in 5 seconds to update it once or twice a week. Or available to anybody and no thread anymore.

Sapeod 07-20-2010 01:19 AM

how long does it take to write in who's banned, for how long and why.
2 minutes at most.
i don't see why the mods keeping telling us they don't have time.
of course maybe they can't be bothered or just forget...all the time

DualMedia 07-20-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunset_Vista (Post 10164123)
how long does it take to write in who's banned, for how long and why.
2 minutes at most.
i don't see why the mods keeping telling us they don't have time.
of course maybe they can't be bothered or just forget...all the time

they are working hard on things! they have a life outside MTF!

I applaud Moderators for dealing with the racist, trolling, and rude posters, but can you keep us updated? I understand if it is alot going on and you can't!

Sapeod 07-20-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DualMedia (Post 10164129)
they are working hard on things! they have a life outside MTF!

I applaud Moderators for dealing with the racist, trolling, and rude posters, but can you keep us updated? I understand if it is alot going on and you can't!

of course they have a life outside of mtf, but it takes 2/3 minutes max to update the thread.
it would be nice if they updated it every time a poster was banned, which is, when you think about it, not that often.

DualMedia 07-20-2010 02:02 AM

my question is "why do you worry about banned posters?" I only worried about AndyNeyer.

Sapeod 07-20-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DualMedia (Post 10164155)
my question is "why do you worry about banned posters?" I only worried about AndyNeyer.

i've been here a whole year longer than you, so i know more posters that have been banned.
i for one want to know why and how long they're banned.

Sofonda Cox 07-20-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunset_Vista (Post 10165389)
i've been here a whole year longer than you, so i know more posters that have been banned.
i for one want to know why and how long they're banned.

why?

Sapeod 07-20-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 (Post 10166107)
why?

just cause.
i would like to know why posters (most i know) have been banned.
same as anyone on here.

Sofonda Cox 07-20-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunset_Vista (Post 10166654)

same as anyone on here.

Not those who have lives

Sapeod 07-20-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 (Post 10167319)
Not those who have lives

I have no life because I want to know why some posters I know were banned? :rolleyes:

If someone you knew was banned, would you want to know why?

Sofonda Cox 07-21-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunset_Vista (Post 10167459)
If someone you knew was banned, would you want to know why?

If i knew them that well i'd ask them another way - msn, email, facebook, etc...Finding out why an MTF poster was banned isn't at the top of my daily list of things to do :lol:

Sapeod 07-21-2010 03:02 PM

It isn't on mine either, but I would rather know than not know :)