MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Rafael Nadal (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=165314)

FormerRafaFan 07-11-2010 05:48 PM

Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here!

What the title says.. I was practically thrown out of the other thread, so if anyone wants to talk, all are welcome. Both new and old fans. We are all friendly in here. No trolls, fedtards or rafahaters allowed in this chat thread.

EDIT: No hateful remarks about Rafa here please. Those who do will be reported.

@Sweet Cleopatra 07-11-2010 11:21 PM

Re: Rafatards chat. NO haters allowed!

Hey Sokk

Congrats to Rafa

How are you doing?

FormerRafaFan 07-12-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra (Post 10144322)
Hey Sokk

Congrats to Rafa

How are you doing?

Hi.

Yes! Congrats to Rafa and Spain, amazing huh? I just LOVE the outfit. He's such an awesome supporter for his country team.

I'm not doing terribly well.. I got a warning here on MTF, which is both hilarious and ironic as people have said MUCH worse stuff than that one thing I said, but whatever.. I think people can get away with it since everyone hates Rafa here and loves Federer, which I think is crazy, but whatever.

Otherwise I'm doing fine I guess.. what about you, how are you doing? happy that Spain won yesterday?

born_on_clay 07-12-2010 04:56 PM

hi all :)
good to see someone opening a new thread for Rafa's "real" fans ;)

FormerRafaFan 07-12-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born_on_clay (Post 10145759)
hi all :)
good to see someone opening a new thread for Rafa's "real" fans ;)

Great to see other people like it. Now we should start to use it more often, so spread the word :) And remember: this is ONLY for real Rafa fans :D

Like I said in the other thread, I have followed Rafa for a long time. I first noticed him when he was 17 years old, I think. In other words, many years ago. I have followed him more or less since, but I got a bit more involved the last few years :) I always cheer for Rafa, but sometimes I get too nervous when I watch his matches! lol I was sooo happy when he won Wimbledon though.

marvin0211 07-12-2010 08:34 PM

hey everyone

born_on_clay 07-12-2010 09:08 PM

hi marvin ;)

I've started to support Rafa since his first ATP level win. As you all know it was in Sopot in my country :)

btw. my name is Rafał, but you can call me Rafa, it will be easier not to use polish symbols ;)

marvin0211 07-12-2010 09:57 PM

hey Rafal i started to like rafa when he beat the crap out of fed in miami i think thats round of 32 a fan of sampras but bored of watching fed killing the competition good thing rafa revived my interest in tennis.

BTW I like your hall of fame thread nice one

Topspin Forehand 07-13-2010 01:08 AM

Hey all. Huge Rafa fan as you've seen already on this board. Been a huge fan of Nadal's forehand. An amazing shot with so much topspin on it. Amazing that he can still get a lot of pace on it simultaneously. I think the one weakness Nadal has is that he allows some players to take the ball early on him. It happens most on a hardcourt. Hopefully he will continue to dictate like he did on grass for the hardcourt season.

marvin0211 07-13-2010 01:51 AM

hey topspin

his weakness is the hardcourt which really negate his top spin and his WTA serve in 2005, at least on serve he really improves a lot and also his court positioning on returning serve on HC is way too far from the baseline but i saw the improvement on wimbledon this year

Topspin Forehand 07-13-2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin0211 (Post 10146724)
hey topspin

his weakness is the hardcourt which really negate his top spin and his WTA serve in 2005, at least on serve he really improves a lot and also his court positioning on returning serve on HC is way too far from the baseline but i saw the improvement on wimbledon this year

I agree with the court positioning. Not sure about hardcourts negating topspin. It depends on the type of hardcourt (high bouncing or low bouncing) used. But Nadal shouldn't play on hardcourts like he does on clay. Just take it to his opponent like he does on grass. Stand close to the baseline and dictate. I think the biggest concern is moving on hardcourt doesn't seem natural to Nadal. That effects every part of Nadal's game if the movement isn't quite as sharp as on clay or grass.

Ariel 07-13-2010 03:14 AM

Hi all - Ariel here.

I thought all the threads in the Rafa section were supposed to be for his fans. Now suddenly it's one thread? Buy hey, what do I know. :D

I'm one of those folks who think that the world is a better place with Rafa in it. He's great for the sport, he's a superstar who remains true to who he is and where he comes from, he treats people with respect, and he is wholly dedicated to his craft. The guy's an inspiration. I don't read what the haters on MTF have to say about him. I could care less. But I'm always looking to share my appreciation of him with like-minded folks. :cool:

marvin0211 07-13-2010 03:18 AM

Hey Ariel how are you?
yea but still his movement is superior than anyone in atp(among top players) i think if he can return serve like agassi take it on the rise, he still can tweak his game lets see after he comes back on the Rogers Cup his first hc tournament if he made some adjustments on his hc game, but im hoping for success in USO they say its his next target and i believe they can do it like the way they approach wimbledon it will be harder though.

I think the thread starter should change the title(no Haters is a bit extreme) just say rafachat for rafa fans

Ariel 07-13-2010 03:38 AM

Hi Marvin -

Yes, his movement is superior to most in the ATP - I was commenting not on his tennis per se but the whole package - Rafa as a human being. Haven't even gotten to his tennis yet. That's a work in progress :)

He's made it already to the semis of the US Open. I have no doubt he'll be working hard to tweak his game - I just hope that all the extra rest and the new procedure on his knees will allow him to perform at his best. I am absolutely confident that he can win it.

marvin0211 07-13-2010 03:51 AM

barring any injury i think they will finally succeed on USO fingers crossed