MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Robby Ginepri Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   Robby in Usa Hardcourt Season (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=165005)

dweijnen 07-05-2010 04:51 PM

Robby in Usa Hardcourt Season

Robby is starting with Atlanta, i think he can win a few matches there and reach at least the last 8:D

What can Robby do in the Usa Hardcourt Season?:worship:

idolwatcher1 07-06-2010 05:50 AM

Re: Robby in Usa Hardcourt Season

Man, this has to be mixed emotions for Robby. He's from the Atlanta area, so I know that he's really excited that there's a tournament there now, but he's also the defending champion of the newly-moved Indianapolis tournament, so he'll have a lot of pressure to do well there during its first year in Atlanta. I really want him to do well there! :hug:

16681 07-10-2010 08:55 PM

Well he lives in the Atlanta area now, but he is from Florida. I'm unsure when exactly he and his family moved to the Atlanta area? Personally if I were a Pro Tennis Player I wouldn't have left Florida. I believe it is one of the best places in the world to play tennis in. Look at all the players from many, many other countries that end up in Florida not to mention players from other areas in the U.S. that move to Florida. The US Hard Court Season is Robby's best chance to do well IMHO yet the hard courts are so bad for all the players' bodies :sad: And Robby does seem to keep having these nagging injuries pop up :tears:

16681 07-18-2010 11:02 PM

Well Robby is seeded 9th in the Tournament and plays a Q. This kind of Tournament is one that you would think Robby could pick up some wins. But with Robby you never know :shrug:

idolwatcher1 07-19-2010 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 10160600)
Well Robby is seeded 9th in the Tournament and plays a Q. This kind of Tournament is one that you would think Robby could pick up some wins. But with Robby you never know :shrug:

He's not really seeded 9th, since they only have 8 seeds in this tournament :p, but yeah, he would've been seeded 8th had Andy Roddick not asked for a wildcard.

Robby plays doubles tomorrow with Sweeting, against Blake/Isner... should be fun. Hope Robby can do well in singles... :)

16681 07-20-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idolwatcher1 (Post 10160978)
He's not really seeded 9th, since they only have 8 seeds in this tournament :p, but yeah, he would've been seeded 8th had Andy Roddick not asked for a wildcard.

Robby plays doubles tomorrow with Sweeting, against Blake/Isner... should be fun. Hope Robby can do well in singles... :)

Well the Tournament site here on MTF had his name down as 9th on the list of players that were playing the Tournament so that is why I thought he was seeded 9th at the time I first looked at the Tournament site. Since then I have looked at the draw, which I should have looked at before posting; but I didn't :o Well Robby is already out in the Doubles and I don't even know ONE THING about the guy he first plays in the Singles! I can't even remember his name :eek:

And idolwatcher1 do you have any idea when Robby actually moved to Ga? Because if you don't know I don't think anyone knows since you are an expert on all things about Robby :D

ImmzB 07-20-2010 08:35 PM

Ginepri is currently a 3-4* down with a Break down.

16681 07-21-2010 02:14 AM

Robby won 7-6 and 6-2 :yippee: But he next plays M. Fish and, of course, I know that player--and Fish has been playing well as of late. I just hate it when two Americans have to play each other :ras: And Dent and Blake had to play each other already with Dent winning. Blake's play has really gone downhill. I believe he has had some injury problems, but I don't know what they were.

EDIT: And I can't believe how the TV tennis coverage has fallen in the U.S. Now they just start at the QFs when they used to show all these Tournaments :sad:

rege 07-21-2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 10167738)
And I can't believe how the TV tennis coverage has fallen in the U.S. Now they just start at the QFs when they used to show all these Tournaments :sad:

The lower tier events in the US hard court season have had limited TV coverage for quite some time. I'm just happy that the Tennis Channel exists and shows as much as they do.

idolwatcher1 07-21-2010 12:47 PM

Glad Robby won his first round!... :clap2: I know he was jittery at first, but he once he broke, he started relaxing more and playing better. He plays Fish next tonight. I like Mardy, but I really want Robby to go as far as he can here, so good luck to Robby, and I hope he plays a good match win or lose. :)

16681 07-21-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rege (Post 10167952)
The lower tier events in the US hard court season have had limited TV coverage for quite some time. I'm just happy that the Tennis Channel exists and shows as much as they do.

Well I guess may be time is getting away from me--I must be getting old :sad: Because it seems like to me it wasn't all that long ago that they were showing all these Tournaments :confused: And I must have idolwatcher1 stumped on when Robby moved to Ga because my question isn't being addressed in any way. Could there actually be SOMETHING about Robby that idolwatcher1 doesn't know? :p

rege 07-25-2010 05:31 AM

Robby's got a pretty decent drawin Los Angeles... quali in the first round and I think the first big name he might meet would be Sam in the QF's.

idolwatcher1 07-27-2010 11:29 PM

now THAT is what I call a comeback match! :worship: No hesitation in this match. I watched it on fromsport.com and Robby really seemed to go for it. He served pretty well, and he chased after whatever he could, and it usually paid off as he would find a way to pass his opponent. Straight sets win, and I really feel like he needed a match like that to rebound from his loss to [eventual champion] Mardy Fish in Atlanta.

Good luck in the next round, Robby! :)

Mae, :rolls: I don't know the exact date, but from what I remember hearing, Robby moved to Georgia as a child, and I know he went to high school there as well.

16681 07-29-2010 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idolwatcher1 (Post 10188995)
now THAT is what I call a comeback match! :worship: No hesitation in this match. I watched it on fromsport.com and Robby really seemed to go for it. He served pretty well, and he chased after whatever he could, and it usually paid off as he would find a way to pass his opponent. Straight sets win, and I really feel like he needed a match like that to rebound from his loss to [eventual champion] Mardy Fish in Atlanta.

Good luck in the next round, Robby! :)

Mae, :roll: I don't know the exact date, but from what I remember hearing, Robby moved to Georgia as a child, and I know he went to high school there as well.

Thanks for the answer to my question :) And I certainly wasn't expecting an exact date even from you :p Robby has been in Ga certainly much longer than I thought. And sadly yet another loss for Robby :tears:

idolwatcher1 07-29-2010 04:26 AM

yeah, I watched the whole match on the internet. Robby made WAY too many unforced errors, it was pathetic. They occurred on some of the most elementary-looking shots too, which caused Robby to react with flails of disappointment and anguish. I don't know how sweaty his hands were, but he rarely seemed to go for the towel which surprised me because all it takes is a little slip of the racquet and your shot isn't going to go where it normally would have. He was erratic in the match... sometimes he looked like he was playing great, setting up his shots perfectly, and other times it was the complete opposite. It just didn't look like he was fully committed the entire match. His footwork got real sloppy in the third set, and his serving was never that good, certainly not as good as his first round... :(