MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=164215)

Certinfy 06-21-2010 10:40 PM

The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May)

Though we needed one to discuss about video games. All the way from the DS to hardcore PC gaming, share all your thoughts and whatever on video games here.

Latest Update - GTA V

So far some info on the game:
- 3 playable characters
- Can switch between each character at any time when not in a mission
- Animals are in the game and have uses
- Map is bigger than San Andreas, Read Dead Redemption and GTA IV put together
- Rockstar want GTA V to revolutionise multi-player open world gaming with this title just like GTA III did with single-player open world gaming
- Farmlands, deserts and villages
- City in the game is around the same size as GTA IV's Liberty city
- Shooting mechanics greatly improved, especially the cover system
- For the first time the whole map will be available right from the beginning
- Mini games include a full 18 hole golf course and tennis. (Note: The game is being worked on by some devs from 2K Czech, the guys who made Mafia II and Top Spin 4, so the tennis may run similar to Top Spin 4)

DualMedia 06-21-2010 11:12 PM

Re: The Gaming Thread.

Barbie dream house builder is a great game, too! :p jk jk

is it going to be on Wii?

Mjau! 06-22-2010 01:51 AM

The best games ever made are Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. :yeah:

recessional 06-22-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjau! (Post 10070444)
The best games ever made are Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. :yeah:

:inlove:

habibko 06-22-2010 04:27 PM

I miss school days :sobbing:

recessional 07-02-2010 07:03 PM

yesterday i started playing the world ends with you (known in japan as subarashiki kono sekai/it's a wonderful world), an action rpg by square-enix for the ds.

i'm not very far yet (at least, i don't think i am), but so far, the game's battle system is ridiculously complex and most of the time i have no idea what the hell i'm doing. it doesn't really help that the touch screen controls don't always respond properly.

that being said, i love the style and the music (from what i can remember), the story's interesting and the game itself is annoyingly addictive.

debby 07-02-2010 09:24 PM

Certinfy 07-02-2010 09:28 PM

Gonna go try and bang out 'Singularity', great FPS and hopefully I can do the impossible and finish it tonight. :p

superslam77 07-02-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjau! (Post 10070444)

We have someone with classic knowledge here :wavey:

Anyone plays any PC multiplayer?

recessional 07-02-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certinfy (Post 10121249)
Gonna go try and bang out 'Singularity', great FPS and hopefully I can do the impossible and finish it tonight. :p

i wanted to respond to your rep, but it got cut off. =______= so i'll just say it here.

if you've got a flash card, i'd recommend downloading the game first to try it out, because i don't think this game is for everyone. personally, i wouldn't buy it, despite enjoying it so far, but it's gotten many great reviews and lots of people seem to absolutely love it, so... it's really up to you. /useless advice :p

Ivanatis 07-02-2010 11:43 PM

debby 07-03-2010 12:07 AM

Ivanatis 07-03-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debby (Post 10121612)

gotta check that one out, love the screenshot, looks very similar to the Voodoo women's cave in MI2

superslam77 07-03-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deck (Post 10121668)
gotta check that one out, love the screenshot, looks very similar to the Voodoo women's cave in MI2

I played this and nearly finished it. Better to download a dos emulator such as dosbox these days i guess.

Old skool!!! Sierra online :worship:

remember quest for glory?
Police quest?

superslam77 07-03-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deck (Post 10121577)

What is this?

Lunar? Phantasy star? something SEGA?