MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Juan Carlos Ferrero (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Juan Winning Wimbledon Whatever thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=163946)

Jimnik 06-18-2010 11:00 AM

Juan Winning Wimbledon Whatever thread

Draw from hell:

Ferrero - Malisse
Reister - De Voest
Hernandez - Dodig
Stakhovsky - Querrey

Simon - Alcaide
Marchenko - Berrer
Nieminen - Koubek
Hajek - Murray

Malisse is on good form, could win the tournament this week. Even if he survives he plays Queens champion Querrey in 3rd round. And then, even if he somehow gets through that, he faces the ultimate nightmare in Murray. Would have to be his greatest ever Wimbledon run, just to defend QF points from last year.

Meh.. whatever. I'll be there to cheer for him whatever happens.

katewallace 06-18-2010 12:05 PM

Re: Juan Winning Wimbledon Whatever thread

Jimnik I have been staring at your post for about 10 minutes and have finally stopped hyperventalating and the dizzy spell has now passed

umm I literally don't know what to say apart from I hope Querrys serve falls to pieces, Malisse gets injured in current tournie and Murray continues his season of poor form and bad mental attitude ...

I hope JC is totally refreshed, injury free and motivated. VAMOS

minh 06-18-2010 12:08 PM

Good luck Juan

Jimnik 06-18-2010 12:10 PM

Actually Malisse just lost to Stakhovsky in the Bosch SF. :lol:

Underlines how tough this section is. Stakhovsky-Querrey could be the winner of Bosch against the winner of Queens. Either way, Juanqui has his work well cut out for him.

Jimnik 06-18-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katewallace (Post 10056909)
I hope JC is totally refreshed, injury free and motivated. VAMOS

Indeed, this is all I care about. :)

Quote:

I hope Querrys serve falls to pieces, Malisse gets injured in current tournie and Murray continues his season of poor form and bad mental attitude ...

But this would be nice too. :devil:

*bunny* 06-18-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimnik (Post 10056929)
Actually Malisse just lost to Stakhovsky in the Bosch SF. :lol:

...which means X-man will be fresh for Wimbledon. :o

Well, anything can happen and JC has abilities to survive them all if he can keep a very good form. ...whatever...

katewallace 06-18-2010 02:25 PM

Last year he beat Simon and Gonzalez and I don't think we expected that so nothing is impossible.

Cam you tell that the shock of the draw has worn off me now?!

*bunny* 06-18-2010 03:03 PM

JC and Malisse are of the same age (X-man will be 30 in July), but their encounter last year at Queens is the only tour-level match they've played. JC won in straight sets 6-4 7-6(4). Hope he'll make it 2-0 H-to-H!
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/...=F316&oId=M680

dave. 06-18-2010 03:21 PM

What a draw. :o Just got to go one match at a time. I'll be happy with a 3R and ecstatic if he reaches the second week (a win over Querrey would be huge).

Good luck. :bounce:

Quote:

umm I literally don't know what to say apart from I hope Querrys serve falls to pieces, Malisse gets injured in current tournie and Murray continues his season of poor form and bad mental attitude ...

:rocker:

theMEESH 06-18-2010 03:27 PM

eff em ell :banghead:

carlos pera 06-18-2010 06:30 PM

Well.....the draw could be better.....Lets hope JC has more confidence on him than he had the last tournaments and that we can see him winning some matches.

Good luck JC!

Mount Goddess 06-18-2010 07:42 PM

OK so I am the only one here who thinks it is an ok kind of draw. All those players can have off days and maybe it is just me but I look at every tourny with fresh eyes and not what has gone on the week before. It is an 'on the day' kind of sport to me, not like football where if you have a bad match you still have a chance of winning your league.

I will text you Monday Nick when the OOP for Tuesday comes out. See you Tuesday and see everyone else in a couple of weeks. BYEEEEEEEEEEE xxx

Ariel 06-19-2010 02:03 AM

It all depends on Ferrero's state of mind. If he plays "with calm" and confidence, and motivation, he could make it all the way to.....Querrey. I'll stop there until I see what our man brings to the court. :)

Edda 06-19-2010 03:33 AM

Good luck, Juanqui!

jcluvva 06-20-2010 06:33 PM

Vamos JC!!!!!