MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   Grass Season 2010 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=162942)

soulage 05-31-2010 05:55 PM

Grass Season 2010

It starts tomorrow in Nottingham with a double with Manarinno and Wednesday Arno will play against the young Aussie Ebden. Ebden is a surely a tricky first round for Arno :devil: as he already played on grass this year and had correct results like his win over Melzer or a challenger final last month. Well it's a preparation for the Queen's :lol:

Via 06-01-2010 08:56 AM

Re: Grass Season 2010

great first post - if we have to worry about a guy called ebden (who?) then this thread looks grim!

believe it or not - my calendar has just flipped over to june and arno is the featured player of the month :o

(no he's not the featured player every month in my calendar, although it would be a logical guess)

Kezzi 06-01-2010 11:39 AM

Can't wait for Queens :bounce: Let's hope he prepares well against Ebden! ;)

Anyone know what he'll do after Queens?

soulage 06-01-2010 09:20 PM

It was raining today so no play he will play tomorrow his single match against Ebden who will do everything to upset the french veteran :lol: and he surely can remember upset of Arno by Torebko or Bogomolov :lol: . After the Queen's no idea because he's quite far from the cut in both tournaments he could do the qualies if he lost first round in london :devil:

Kezzi 06-01-2010 09:27 PM

He could also do qualies if he loses later on in London, cause as far as I know they still start on Saturday, in s'-Herto at least :shrug: That's why I was asking :p

soulage 06-02-2010 06:04 PM

57/67(6) according this twitter http://twitter.com/NottsLiveScores

As we could expect it was tricky. The aussie with his big serve was surely not easy to break and as Arno is not very safe on serve and in his game lately it has been again a loss while he was at least 5-2 up in the second set :rolleyes: and as the tie-break are really a joke this year for him :help: It's his fourth losses in a row :devil: and even in Challenger his results are poor now. He needs to play really well and hope good draw because he must be like last year in a bad period with average level and low confidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kezzi (Post 9994485)
He could also do qualies if he loses later on in London, cause as far as I know they still start on Saturday, in s'-Herto at least :shrug: That's why I was asking :p

Without winning points in challengers his ranking is falling. The Queen's entry list is good so maybe he will go to play the qualies ok Rosmalen as an early exit in london he's likely to happened with his level. We need a a win now :devil:

Marine 06-02-2010 07:53 PM

L'année dernière il
nous a fait une très belle série de défaites avant que ça se décante ... ça sera pareil cette année, le truc c'est que ni lui ni nous ne savons quand l'embellie va arriver.
Soyons patient(e)s.
(J'en ai marre de l'accabler, Seb n'est plus la, je relativise. Je suis contente de pouvoir encore voir Arnaud joueur ! Même perdant.)

Sorry girls I'm too tired to express myself in english tonight. Not so interesting anyway.

Kezzi 06-02-2010 08:05 PM

Google translate isn't really accurate, but I think I agree with you. :)

soulage 06-02-2010 09:51 PM

Let's see what this Ebden will do in the tournament to see if it was a bad loss or not anyway it's not good for his ranking and for his confidence. I hope some wins soon :angel: You're going which days in London Kezzi ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 9999809)
(J'en ai marre de l'accabler, Seb n'est plus la, je relativise. Je suis contente de pouvoir encore voir Arnaud joueur ! Même perdant.)

It's a period of retirement in french tennis with Seb, De Chaunac, Ascione, Camille and all the 79' girls last year. You feel that it's the end of a generation and you have some guys like Arno or Rainer Schuettler that you don't know when they will stop :lol: They must feel strange sometimes with that youngs guys around them :lol:

Kezzi 06-02-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulage (Post 10000351)
Let's see what this Ebden will do in the tournament to see if it was a bad loss or not anyway it's not good for his ranking and for his confidence. I hope some wins soon :angel: You're going which days in London Kezzi ?

It's a period of retirement in french tennis with Seb, De Chaunac, Ascione, Camille and all the 79' girls last year. You feel that it's the end of a generation and you have some guys like Arno or Rainer Schuettler that you don't know when they will stop :lol: They must feel strange sometimes with that youngs guys around them :lol:

I'm going Monday - Wednesday. And Saturday & Sunday to Halle for qualifying. :lol: We'll probably just watch Arnaud, depends on when he's training and whos match is scheduled after his, cause we also want to see the city a bit. :)

Via 06-03-2010 09:06 AM

thanks for all the news (especially from soulage :worship:)

at this rate i don't know where he's falling to... but he badly needs to lift up from this form. spending all that time watching others matches and attending social events don't seem to help in that regard :devil:

if he wants to keep playing and not retire, he needs to try harder. anyone has any ideas lol

soulage 06-03-2010 11:26 AM

He needs many things actually like enjoying to be on court. From the challenger forum guys who were at the match and who saw Arno in his standards :lol:. Not happy with the calls and awful with the ballkids and quite passive. Bad mood arno was on the court yesterday :devil:

Quote:

Clement: What an a*******. The guy was abusing the ball boys, moaning about everything and just didn't look like he wanted to be there. Was deservedly beaten by Ebden who was the better player on the day and a worthy winner. Clement was arguing the toss over line calls and gamesmanship came in to his game all too often for my liking. Dent and Tursunov, despite their greater standing in the game were perfect gentlemen, Clement the opposite.
Quote:

Elsewhere Ebden deservably beat Clement, who seemed way to passive and as usual was shouting at anyone who dared flinch in the crowd.

Via 06-04-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulage (Post 10001504)
He needs many things actually like enjoying to be on court. From the challenger forum guys who were at the match and who saw Arno in his standards :lol:. Not happy with the calls and awful with the ballkids and quite passive. Bad mood arno was on the court yesterday :devil:

well yes that's a constant problem which may be getting worse, since he's losing ridiculous matches these days.

(i've just looked up ebden's record on the atp website. this guy is ranked 193, has played a total of 3 matches on tour level and 34 matches on challenger level in his entire career)

it's also why i do not join the chorus of 'as long as he's still playing'... i'm sorry but i don't enjoy seeing him play this way :o

seb has retired a gentleman of the sport. it's better to leave with respect... my humble opinion.

... on a more cheerful note, it's funny to see pioline interviewing sam stosur in english. he's holding a piece of paper to read from, and called her sa-mon-TA :lol:

Marine 06-04-2010 06:40 PM

Via...congrats !!! Australia in final of Roland garros...wow who was the last one ? (Laver ? lol)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 10004232)
it's also why i do not join the chorus of 'as long as he's still playing'... i'm sorry but i don't enjoy seeing him play this way :o

seb has retired a gentleman of the sport. it's better to leave with respect... my humble opinion.

I can understand your point of view.
Maybe I'm more tolerant because I've never seen Arnaud acting like that (not at tv, nor in real).
I don't excuse him at all. It's just that I like him dispite of this terrible default.
I'm curious to know why any journalist (tv/newspaper) never critized arnaud about his behaviour.
Everybody seems to love him (players, journalists), everybody says he's soooo nice !

Quote:

... on a more cheerful note, it's funny to see pioline interviewing sam stosur in english. he's holding a piece of paper to read from, and called her sa-mon-TA :lol:
And ??? :rolleyes: It's not her name ??? lol
How do you prononce in the right way ?

ps: Pioline is just bad as interviewer: not natural, not funny. I hope he'll stop the next year.
It's interesting to see former players working at tv. Some are excellent: Forget, Boetsch and for the first year Mauresmo (it's like she always had been commentator, she's perfect), Golovin is not that bad even if she was better the last year, and Pioline is definitly not good for this job !

Marine 06-04-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 10001275)
thanks for all the news (especially from soulage :worship:)

at this rate i don't know where he's falling to... but he badly needs to lift up from this form. spending all that time watching others matches and attending social events don't seem to help in that regard :devil:

if he wants to keep playing and not retire, he needs to try harder. anyone has any ideas lol

I don't agree. It would be stupid not to spend good time at this stage of his career. If he doesn't play the day after, why not to relax at a concert ? He's not a machine like some players who're not able to enjoy the life. Anyway it woud not change his results.

Moreover Arnaud is not social events guy, it's one of the first times I see him at a charity event, and it was for Jo's association, that's normal. Tonight I know it's the gala of Seb's association in Paris and I guess lots of players will be there to support their friend.

As for trying harder... Nicolas Mahut was talking about his new training team (including Arnaud) and he said arnaud is an example for everybody, because his trainings are very intensive

"On est un groupe avec 4 joueurs, côtoyer Arnaud CLEMENT à l'entraînement, c'est hyper riche. Son intensité à l'entraînement est vraiment un exemple. A force de discuter avec lui, de le côtoyer à l'entraînement, je me suis remis dans cette spirale-là et je crois que tout cela réuni m'a montré que ma place était encore sur le circuit."