MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Why do you hate the WTA? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=161554)

FlameOn 05-10-2010 12:09 PM

Why do you hate the WTA?
 
As a follower of both tours...

Allegretto 05-10-2010 12:20 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
The quality is terrible and the players are 99.9% choking headcases. Henin is the only female player I can tolerate watching with my trousers on.

DualMedia 05-10-2010 12:23 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
I love the women's tour, because of two girls! VENUS AND SERENA! the tour would be nothing without them!

laurie-1 05-10-2010 12:23 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
I certainly do not hate the WTA. I've been posting on http://www.tennisforum.com/ since 2006. I'm a fan of Womens Tennis and some of my favourite players include Seles, Capriati, Pierce, Mauresmo and others. I really enjoyed the Italian Open final between Martinez Sanchez and Jankovic, Martinez was even serving and volleying with sucess!!

Its different from Mens Tennis - because they are women for a start!
Holding serve is typically a lot more difficult in the womens game so consequently its always more open.

And women are just different from men anyway so of course the game will be different. The WTA has its issues but the ATP definitely has its issues as well.

Women Athletics is not compared to Mens Athletics - they are different.

I won't vote in the poll for those reasons.

FlameOn 05-10-2010 12:26 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by laurie-1 (Post 9895749)
I certainly do not hate the WTA. I've been posting on http://www.tennisforum.com/ since 2006. I'm a fan of Womens Tennis and some of my favourite players include Seles, Capriati, Pierce, Mauresmo and others. I really enjoyed the Italian Open final between Martinez Sanchez and Jankovic, Martinez was even serving and volleying with sucess!!

Its different from Mens Tennis - because they are women for a start!
Holding serve is typically a lot more difficult in the womens game so consequently its always more open.

And women are just different from men anyway so of course the game will be different. The WTA has its issues but the ATP definitely has its issues as well.

Women Athletics is not compared to Mens Athletics - they are different.

I won't vote in the poll for those reasons.

I have an option for 'I like the WTA' you know? ;)

Mjau! 05-10-2010 12:28 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
Henin & MJMS > Federer & Nadal

Robredo > Everyone else on the WTA tour

laurie-1 05-10-2010 12:33 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TVTennis (Post 9895755)
I have an option for 'I like the WTA' you know? ;)

Yes,

But the title of your thread is "Why do you hate the WTA?" That implies that you are looking for reasons why people hate the WTA.

Perhaps a better thread title would be - How Do you feel about the WTA at present? Then have a poll and people could say what they think.

Its not a very nice thread to start in my opinion.

Ertl93 05-10-2010 12:39 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
itīs so boring...

MacTheKnife 05-10-2010 12:40 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
Where's the "all of the above" option... :lol:

Judio 05-10-2010 12:46 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
Waiting for a mens match to start on your court at Grand Slams

Having to wait 3 plus hours for the women to finish

laurie-1 05-10-2010 12:46 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
Clearly this thread is designed to bash the Women.

Go ahead and do that if it makes you feel better about yourselves......

paseo 05-10-2010 12:52 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
MensTennisForums.com

Matt01 05-10-2010 12:53 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. :yeah:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjau! (Post 9895760)
Henin & MJMS > Federer & Nadal

Robredo > Everyone else on the WTA tour


:lol:

Start da Game 05-10-2010 12:55 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
let's have this discussion at MTF's sister forum TF.......i am Stop da Game over there, and i stop by there once or twice in a year.......

Hewitt =Legend 05-10-2010 12:56 PM

Re: Why do you hate the WTA?
 
Someone asked me the other day "who's your favourite womens player"

And I said "whoever wins the first set".


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.