MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Quick links to Player forums (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=161217)

-Evita- 05-03-2010 01:36 PM

Quick links to Player forums

I'm using the new (default) skin and when I open the main page of MTF there's a drop-down list on the upper right side called "Fan Forums". I like this feature but I think it would be easier to use and more relevant if some of the player names were removed and others were added. I would suggest these to be removed:

Agassi
Beck, K.
Bjorkman
Bozoljac
Canas
Coria
Gambill
Henman
Hrbaty
Johansson, J.
Johansson, T.
Kuerten
Massu
Montcourt
Novak
Philippoussis
Puerta
Safin
Santoro
Srichaphan
Zabaleta

The reason is obvious - either these players are retired or the activity level in the forum is very low.

On the other hand, these should be added:

Del Potro
Soderling
Cilic
Gulbis
Isner
Querrey
Simon

Hope you can do that :)

-Evita- 05-07-2010 08:18 AM

Re: Quick links to Player forums

Four days and no response :awww: Do you think this is a bad idea? These quick links are especially helpful for those who are not registered with the site and are not familiar with the navigation. I think the list should be updated once in a couple of years or so :wavey:

Carlita 05-07-2010 03:11 PM

There are going to be some changes to the forum anyway....so maybe they can update these as well. ;)

Goldenoldie 05-08-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ (Post 9887078)
There are going to be some changes to the forum anyway....so maybe they can update these as well. ;)

I'd be interested to know what changes are going to be made. In the meantime I agree with -Evita-'s list except that I think Beck and Bozoljac should stay.

Carlita 05-10-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldenoldie (Post 9889369)
I'd be interested to know what changes are going to be made. In the meantime I agree with -Evita-'s list except that I think Beck and Bozoljac should stay.

to be honest... I have no idea what exactly is going to happen.... some changes to where to find which forum I believe...we'll have to wait and see I guess :shrug:

garfunkel3008 09-24-2010 07:55 AM

good suggestions, waiting for the mods to decide.

-Evita- 11-21-2010 02:29 PM

Half a year has passed and still no result :( Not that I'm terribly surprised :o :rolleyes: But I don't get it - don't the site owners realize that by not updating this list for 5 or more years they give the impression that the whole site is outdated?

scoobs 11-21-2010 02:59 PM

This is something I want to pick up, but I'm making no guarantees about what will happen or when.

scoobs 12-19-2010 10:08 AM

I have looked into this but it doesn't look like something I can change, so I have been in contact with those higher up to seek advice on how this list can be updated.

-Evita- 04-28-2011 10:06 AM

Any progress? The list is getting more and more out of date as time goes on...

scoobs 04-28-2011 10:58 AM

I was told it was being looked into, and that they would possibly be removed. I chased it up but I haven't had a response as yet :o

-Evita- 03-08-2013 10:17 AM

Almost three years later, still nothing has changed :o :help: :facepalm:

scoobs 03-08-2013 12:46 PM

Well apparently basic forum issues haven't been fixed, never mind things like this :o