MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Paul-Henri Mathieu Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Miami 2010: Welcome Back, Paulo! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=158908)

Ome 03-09-2010 09:44 PM

Miami 2010: Welcome Back, Paulo!

:bounce: Paulo's finally back in action :yippee:

Indian Wells' Draw:

Complete Draw

Ome 03-09-2010 09:46 PM

Re: Indian Wells 2010: Welcome Back, Paulo!

This definitely a decent draw! Good luck with it, Sunshine ;)

And... no more injury, please :angel:

Michael. 03-09-2010 11:05 PM

Great draw for him. Good luck! :)

tufani 03-10-2010 07:52 AM

Yes, finally!!! Can't believe the wait is coming to it's end. And again France vs Germany. :lol: Good luck, Paulo! :dance: No more injury, indeed!

Ome 03-12-2010 12:28 AM

Today's OOP:

COURT 4 start 11:00 am
[22] S Lisicki (GER) vs J Craybas (USA) - WTA
N Almagro (ESP) vs M Zverev (GER) - ATP
[7] N Li (CHN) vs [Q] E Baltacha (GBR) - WTA

Not Before 5:00 PM
P Mathieu (FRA) vs B Becker (GER) - ATP
V Hanescu (ROU) vs J Chela (ARG) - ATP

Have a good come back, Paulo! :rocker2:

Truc 03-12-2010 10:58 AM

The news are not very reassuring, I thought he had decided to postpone his comeback because he wanted to be sure that he would be perfectly fit, but he still is in pain, actually:

He says it's the toughest injury he's had in his career because it's very difficult to define and target the problem, he would have preferred a fracture which takes 6 months to recover. (Llodra said the same last year about his groin injury, he said the pain never completely disappears). One day he feels fine, the next day he's in pain again. He's been training for one month and a half without moving too much. He keeps saying to himself "allez, forget about the pain", but it's like he always puts the brake on then. His coach Malcor hopes he will be able to get over it.
It's getting better, though, he says the 3 months of physical training with Olivier Choupeau have brought huge improvement. "I have to accept playing through the pain until it disappears".

Ome 03-12-2010 12:24 PM

Hmmmmmmm....

I think he has ligament/tendon problem which is always so difficult to treat. Injection to the site can be done only once every 6 and even then it's so difficult to locate where the problem really is.

This is not what we want to hear. I thought he longer felt the pain. Now I doubt the playing-through-the-pain tactic will benefit him.

Puschkin 03-12-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ome (Post 9707607)
This is not what we want to hear. I thought he longer felt the pain. Now I doubt the playing-through-the-pain tactic will benefit him.

So do I. I don't believe in this attitude, always bad on a midterm basis. :awww:

Ome 03-12-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puschkin (Post 9707662)
So do I. I don't believe in this attitude, always bad on a midterm basis. :awww:

His decision just doesn't make sense. :scratch:

Maybe he's thinking it's now or never?

Puschkin 03-12-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ome (Post 9707860)
Maybe he's thinking it's now or never?

Understandable, but still wrong. :o Age is not so much a problem, Davydenko is a year older, Andy Roddick is roughly the same age. I think one can very well play a role in today's tennis in one's late twenties, but NOT half-injured. :o

He should have skipped IW and Miami and focussed on clay, his best surface anyway.

Ome 03-12-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puschkin (Post 9707884)
Understandable, but still wrong. :o Age is not so much a problem, Davydenko is a year older, Andy Roddick is roughly the same age. I think one can very well play a role in today's tennis in one's late twenties, but NOT half-injured. :o

He should have skipped IW and Miami and focussed on clay, his best surface anyway.

Agree! :o

I'm hoping that he's just testing himself here. If it's too much, then he'll withdraw and skip Miami :angel:

Ome 03-13-2010 01:45 AM

Well, well, well.

Someone saved a few BPs, is now up a set and a break :bolt:

Ome 03-13-2010 02:07 AM

Paulo won 6-3 6-1. Seemed like a close first set, he was down a BP when serving for it too :tape: After that it was one-sided :yeah:

Congrats on your first win of 2010, Paulo! :rocker2: Hope you're feeling OK :hug:

lalaland 03-13-2010 02:18 AM

Yay Paulo. I'm so happy that at least one of my faves is winning a match
Good luck next round against Lalo.

silverwhite 03-13-2010 03:17 AM

At last some good news (well, besides Henin's loss :devil: ) :bounce: