MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Scientists sketch out life after mankind (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583)

Ada Monroe 09-11-2002 01:55 PM

Scientists sketch out life after mankind

Scientists sketch out life after mankind

Scientists say mankind will be replaced by giant land squid, flying killer fish and intelligent baboons.

Evolution experts have been asked to predict the kind of animals which will be around in the next few million years.

The results will feature in a new TV series called The Future is Wild which will get its debut at a film festival in Bristol next month.

Scientists based their predictions on the kind of climate and geographical changes expected to take place in the distant future.

If areas such as the Mediterranean and the Amazon become deserts as expected new lifeforms will evolve to take advantage.

The 120 million tonne Toraton could become the largest creature ever to walk the Earth and a half-metre tall snail will bounce along the sandy wastelands.

So called Ocean Fish will live in cliffs and will be able to fly as well as swim, while tiger-sized Snowstalkers will be bear-like creatures living in a future European ice-age.

All 16 scientists taking part in the series, to be shown on Discovery International's Animal Planet channel, agree mankind will have been wiped out within the next few million years.

The Daily Mail reports the scientists as saying a new kind of intelligent ape will most likely evolve from baboons.

Story filed: 10:11 Wednesday 11th September 2002

Source: www.ananova.com

Interesting article, I wonder how everything will really turn out :)

Scotso 09-11-2002 02:36 PM

Omg! We have to kill all the fish!

Preemptive nuclear strike!

Ada Monroe 09-12-2002 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GoLleyt
Omg! We have to kill all the fish!

Preemptive nuclear strike!

Uh uh! You're not turning this world into Miss Anjie's terror park for animals! :p ;) :eek:

Anyway, I can't wait to get to see this series :)

Ada Monroe 09-27-2002 02:12 PM

Bump! Come on, aren't you guys excited about the future? ;)

Nimi 09-27-2002 02:22 PM

Not really. Cool anyway

Gambill_Rules 09-27-2002 07:23 PM

Interesting but its all speculation none of this could happen but then again all of it could happen!

Ada Monroe 09-28-2002 01:56 PM

Are you Monica Rules? :)

True, but I like this sort of stuff. It's fun to speculate :)

I have this feeling with the world warming up gradually itself and with help from man, a golden age for reptiles may yet lie ahead :)

*~ The Leopard ~* 09-29-2002 04:58 AM

Jeez, I just hope I live to see it! :eek:

Chloe le Bopper 09-29-2002 05:04 AM

You'll be a fossil at the least:p

Ada Monroe 09-29-2002 10:43 AM

jouissant, lol, but imagination is a good thing ;)

No Rebecca, I don't intend to get buried :p