MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Marat Safin Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Marat's Tatar ethnicity? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=156100)

momo_momo 01-11-2010 07:31 AM

Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
I know he's Tatar (his father is but Rausa is Russian, right?), but it just came to me that 'Tatar' has a very loose meaning. What kind of Tatar ancestry does he have, exactly? Volga Tatar residing in Kazan? Turkic?

See this link.

Thanks in advance.

DanaKz 01-11-2010 09:07 AM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
His mother Rausa is Tatar too. (Rausa is tatar name, not russian).
He is from "Volga tatars" (Kazan).

CeReN 01-11-2010 11:57 AM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
I don't have enough knowledge but as far as i know, Tatars are known as a Turkic ethnic group. At least in Turkey, Tatar means being Turkic.

Tatar language has a lot of similarities with Turkish. For example, Murat and Dilara are very common names so Marat and Dinara get attention here because of their names. The people, who don't have interest in tennis, always ask me if they are Turkish. :lol:

Iana 01-11-2010 01:45 PM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
Most of the Kazan Tatars are descendants of the Mongolian population and of this region - Volga Bulgaria, as Bulgarien, less of Kouman (Oghuz) tribes who lived there until the Mongol invasions, and (in even a small part) of Mongolia conquerors.

Sileithel 01-11-2010 04:57 PM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
Interesting thread :yeah:

BlueLighthouse 01-11-2010 04:58 PM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iana (Post 9489923)
Most of the Kazan Tatars are descendants of the Mongolian population and of this region - Volga Bulgaria, as Bulgarien, less of Kouman (Oghuz) tribes who lived there until the Mongol invasions, and (in even a small part) of Mongolia conquerors.

Thanks guys. Mongolian? that explains their height and temper :devil:

Almila 01-14-2010 10:32 PM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
well,in summer a Tatar friend of mine-who is not interested in tennis and doesnt know who Marat Safin is-visited me.

i asked her what does a typical Tatar look like-to know the exact similarities with Turks as they r known as ethnic Turks-and she said "there are several types i can name but if u want a description i can say men are usually tall,huge with curly hair and that eye shape of course.its nearly the same for women":eek:

i was like"what the:eek:"

than i showed her some pictures of Marat-no need to mention she started to :worship: lol-
and she directly reacted"this is a Kazan Turk" after seeing more pics of him she continued "he is Kazan Turk written all over him" and she is right imo,i mean even my friend looks like a sheMarat lol.amazing similarity:worship:

Sileithel 01-14-2010 11:07 PM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
Hi, Almila!! :wavey: Nice to meet you here too ;)

Wow!! that's an interesting story. Marat's eye shape is one of the things I love the most about his looks :lol:

Almila 01-15-2010 02:33 AM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sileithel (Post 9501291)
Hi, Almila!! :wavey: Nice to meet you here too ;)

Wow!! that's an interesting story. Marat's eye shape is one of the things I love the most about his looks :lol:

hey Sileithel!!yay im refreshed and back n finally met you here ^^ agreed about the shape,thats one of the things that make Tatars unique imo,esp.Dinara has it :)

Iana 01-15-2010 09:29 AM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
Here's more information on the Volga Tatars :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Tatars

Sileithel 01-16-2010 02:12 AM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Almila (Post 9502122)
hey Sileithel!!yay im refreshed and back n finally met you here ^^ agreed about the shape,thats one of the things that make Tatars unique imo,esp.Dinara has it :)

Yeah, she has it too :) beautiful

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iana (Post 9503202)
Here's more information on the Volga Tatars :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Tatars

Thanks!! :yeah:

momo_momo 01-19-2010 05:49 AM

Re: Marat's Tatar ethnicity?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Almila (Post 9501136)
well,in summer a Tatar friend of mine-who is not interested in tennis and doesnt know who Marat Safin is-visited me.

i asked her what does a typical Tatar look like-to know the exact similarities with Turks as they r known as ethnic Turks-and she said "there are several types i can name but if u want a description i can say men are usually tall,huge with curly hair and that eye shape of course.its nearly the same for women":eek:

i was like"what the:eek:"

than i showed her some pictures of Marat-no need to mention she started to :worship: lol-
and she directly reacted"this is a Kazan Turk" after seeing more pics of him she continued "he is Kazan Turk written all over him" and she is right imo,i mean even my friend looks like a sheMarat lol.amazing similarity:worship:

Priceless.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.