MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poll: What was the best Wimbledon final of the naughtys? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=156025)

2003 01-10-2010 03:52 AM

Poll: What was the best Wimbledon final of the naughtys?

History, popular wisdom and Mcenroe say the 08 Wimbledon final was the best match of all time let alone the best Wimbledon final of the last 10 years, but what does MTF think?

2000-Pat Shampras defeats Batdick Laughter in four sets. Probably not a realistic contender, was much like Mariano Pureta in 2005, even though he took the first set you knew Batdick was gonna lose, he couldn't handle the pressure.

2001-Boran Ivansachoke defeats Baddick Laughter. Although this match went the distance, it was a disaster as the two players who should have been in the final, Federer and Shampiss played out the final earlier in the tournament.

2002-Earlyton Hugh Witt defeated Davide Burger Shambian easily in straights. One wonders if Mallise would have gone better against Hughwitt. This grand sham was hardly legit, Burger Shambian just did not show up. Pathetic.

2003-Roger Federer defeats Markus Phill A Shit Sis in straight but competive sets. Clutch Federer, a good match, but little spark.

2004-Roger Federer defeats Shandi Dick Rod in four sets. The match was close but it was never really in doubt, despite what some say. A good dramtic encounter.

2005-Roger Federer defeats Shandi Dick Rod in more convincing fashion, straight sets the stupid American.

2006-Roger Federer wins over Nafael Capsical bageling him in the first, tiebreaking the second, losing the third in a tiebreak then steamrolling in the fourth to win. The best so far.

2007-Roger Federer wins over Rafaella Nutella in an epic 5 setter. Capsical could claim he deserved the match, being the only one to win a set outside a tiebreak until the fifth. 2 break points in the 5th and he could do nothing. Also a possible conspiracy regarding Tommy Ass walkover. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j6kTI21qQM

2008-Nafael Capsical defeats Federer in 5 sets to win Wimbledon. Bon Smackenroe claims the match is the best of all time. Certainly Federers spirit, the conclusion over 7 hours after beginning, etc all helped, but was the match quality wise, whilst being outstanding, really better than the Smackenroe-Beeyon Borg match of 1980? Certainly the best ive ever seen.

2009-Roger Federer defeats Shandi Penis Rod in 5 sets, 16-14 in the 5th. Never watched the match so couldn't comment, but I know Dick Face choked away 4set points to take a 2 sets to love lead. Not since Dr Dre Shaggasi making Wimbledon finals have we seen such bizare shit.

Discuss.

My vote is the Phil A Poo Sis or 2008 match.

Arkulari 01-10-2010 04:09 AM

Re: Poll: What was the best Wimbledon final of the naughtys?

I actually preferred the 07 final to the 08 and in Fedal matches the best one is Rome 06 without a doubt ;)

the 2001 final was probably the biggest heartbreak I've ever had in my tennis following career, I wanted Patrick to win SO badly :sad:

LinkMage 01-10-2010 04:11 AM

2005 Final

The only Wimbledon final where FedGod played all match long (well, the 2003 final was close).

The others were a combination of normal Fed, FedGod, and Fedmug (especially the last 3 where Federror was in full flight).

FairWeatherFan 01-10-2010 04:23 AM

2001 and it's not even close.

Cyrus_Paice 01-10-2010 04:39 AM

2008 really was the best match of all time. Just too good to be true. AO09 final was similar, but not at Wimbledon, and overall probably not quite as good.

In 2001 I didn't know about Ivanisevic's history and his age, so it's hard to rate that one.

MalwareDie 01-10-2010 04:43 AM

The Nadull finals were the worst three by a considerable margin.

-Valhalla- 01-10-2010 04:44 AM

This is a no-brainer: Naderer '08

Doggy 01-10-2010 04:50 AM

Andy lost the Wimby '09 final by choking away the possibility of a 2 set lead = he never win another slam again

abraxas21 01-10-2010 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkulari (Post 9485970)
in Fedal matches the best one is Rome 06 without a doubt ;)

This man (or woman, I dunno) speaks the truth. Unlike most other Fedal matches, in Rome both of them were at their peak form and played incredible tennis at that final. I remember it quite well. Federer choked the match away squandering 2 consecutive match points with 2 UE.

Arkulari 01-10-2010 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 9486005)
This man (or woman, I dunno) speaks the truth. Unlike most other Fedal matches, in Rome both of them were at their peak form and played incredible tennis at that final. I remember it quite well. Federer choked the match away squandering 2 consecutive match points with 2 UE.

woman ;)

and thank you, I really believe that was the day they both played their best tennis against each other and yes, Roger choked it away :lol:

the Wimbledon 08 final was hugely overrated in terms of quality, Rafa should have won in straights and the whole drama was more about the rain delays than the actual play

Was it good? yes, but I think they both played much better in 2007 ;)

Sophocles 01-10-2010 09:23 AM

It's between 2001 & 2007.

Bobby 01-10-2010 09:43 AM

2001. No question. The emotion and suspense was huge. And yes, bot Rafter and Ivanisevic deserved to be in the final.

samanosuke 01-10-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinkMage (Post 9485973)
2005 Final

The only Wimbledon final where FedGod played all match long (well, the 2003 final was close).

The others were a combination of normal Fed, FedGod, and Fedmug (especially the last 3 where Federror was in full flight).

Agreed .

Maybe UO 2004 and UO 2008 except little choking in the second set both times is really Jesus Fed in GS finals . Others were combination of luck, choking and lack of stamina from others but that is also part of the game .

Last two GS that he won he played average or bad tennis through hole tournament but that is why he is above others . Nobody can't wining so many matches with poor game except him .

born_on_clay 01-10-2010 12:03 PM

Fedal 08

Matt_2745 01-10-2010 03:29 PM

2008 with 2001 not far behind.