MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Oi Oi Oi (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Alex Bolt (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155904)

Hewitt10 01-07-2010 10:12 PM

Alex Bolt

The next Chris Guccione or Carsten Ball.

Hewitt10 01-07-2010 10:14 PM

Re: Alex Bolt

This guy is good but he needs to start playing for tournaments and go out of Australia and hopefully he gets a couple of wildcards into some of the future tournaments. Good Luck.

ace ventura 01-09-2010 10:35 PM

great tell us more...

did he get into AIS ?

and which players got into AIS anyone know ?

jmf07 01-09-2010 10:48 PM

They only have the 2009 ones listed at the moment.

Hewitt10 01-10-2010 12:47 AM

Yes he is, the reason i made a thread for him was i saw his junior results and after two tournamnets thats pretty good got to a semi final in Northern Territory and lost to Luke Saville 6-2 6-3, but he also played a darwin tournament and made the final. Also he lives in the same town as me Murray Bridge South Australia.

He has played two future tournaments in Australia, at Esperance and Kalgollie but he lost first round in both but he still is capable of very good things.

Hewitt10 01-10-2010 12:57 AM

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/pla...ayer=100124729

Hewitt2010 01-12-2010 11:09 AM

He is playing in a Australian junior tournament this week, but his in the qualifying up against Jarryd Chaplin, they've played once before that went to bolt in three sets.

Nadal16 01-29-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewitt10 (Post 9485698)
Yes he is, the reason i made a thread for him was i saw his junior results and after two tournamnets thats pretty good got to a semi final in Northern Territory and lost to Luke Saville 6-2 6-3, but he also played a darwin tournament and made the final. Also he lives in the same town as me Murray Bridge South Australia.

He has played two future tournaments in Australia, at Esperance and Kalgollie but he lost first round in both but he still is capable of very good things.

I too live in Murray bridge and happen to be good friends with Bolty, he just recently went into the qualifying for the junior Australian Open and lost first round to Jea Moon Lee of Australia.
He is back in Murray Bridge and is getting to leave for Canberra to the AIS in a few days. Where he will go to Turkey, Junior Wimbledon and French Open.

Hewitt2010 01-30-2010 02:03 AM

and your name would be?

Tenys4r 01-31-2010 09:49 AM

How old is this kid? Is it not a little premature to have a thread on him - doesn't seem to have done too much yet. Or have i missed a result?

jmf07 01-31-2010 10:47 AM

I've been wondering as well. He really doesn't seem to have any results that make him such a standout.

ace ventura 01-31-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmf07 (Post 9581289)
I've been wondering as well. He really doesn't seem to have any results that make him such a standout.

But has made it into the AIS ....

Hewitt2010 01-31-2010 11:59 AM

Sorry if he isn't that good. But i know that there is better juniors in australia then him but he still is an alright junior. He made a final and a semi final in his only two juniors tournaments last year. He also qualified for an Australian future tournament where he lost to Daniel King-Turner 6-0 6-0. Not the greatest result but still in a main draw is ok. His only 16 still got plenty of time to impress people like you.

He is going to play in Roland Garros and Wimbledon juniors, so hopefully he can qualify. I don't know when he will play next but i will hopefully find out some time this week.

ace ventura 01-31-2010 08:30 PM

So that means any one 18 + need to be top 185 ATP. , I think it said in papers to get into AIS , the " pinnacle program in Australia," to be eligible for funding.
Yet 16 year olds can get in with barely any results.?

How on earth can that be. Is this the easy to follow pathway Tiley is talking about in papers yesterday ? When only a couple of years ago this age group who are 18 + now were deemed to young for AIS and needed exceptional results to get in.

Talk about change the goal posts. How can any one follow Tennis Australia's pathway and set long term goals. ? If they need some financial or coaching help.?

Tenys4r 02-01-2010 10:01 PM

Since when is Tiley/TA consistent or "easy to follow". Obviously the "results orientated program" that he touted as you have to have the results don't apply to some.

I will not waste time talking about a junior that probably doesn't deserve a thread as he doesn't appear to have any results. Let's hope we can talk about him in the future - when he deserves it.