MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poll: Who is the most talented tennis player to never reach a slam quarter final? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155697)

2003 01-03-2010 10:50 PM

Poll: Who is the most talented tennis player to never reach a slam quarter final?

Stainless Steel Warwrinkled had a 5 setter against Randy Muggay in 2009 Wimbledon 4th round but fell short. He also came close in 2007 US open falling in 5 sets to Chela after winning the 4th set 6-1. A real candidate the swiss number 2.

Wanko Tipsarabitch deserved to at the 08 AO after taking defending champion Roger Federer all the way but only managed 3rd round. Put out many time Wimbledon finalist Shandi Dickrod out in 2008, was only a losing tiebreak away from a 5th set against Its raining men Shitler. Yan Carlos Santana Fer Fur Ball put him out in straight sets but a close match in 4th round of 2007 Wimbledon.

Josie Acuchocko could of taken 2009 French open winner Roger Federer all the way in 2009 if he wasnt such a choking bitch, but you have to look all the way back to the 2005 edition of that tournament before he got close, he got blown off the court but it was to the finalist and a drugged up to the eyeballs Puereta, maybe unlucky in that regard.

John Bon Jovi Jizner reached a 4th round after taking out past champion Shandi Dick Rod in 2009 US open. A host of 1st round ejections aside one to watch for the future.

Bam Ferry was beaten in 2008 US open 4th round in 4 sets by semi finalist Safael Capsical. Watched him reach the final of Auckland last year, he was pretty good against Bavid Berrer.

Phillipe Kolscriber is one of the most credentialled reaching 3 career 4th rounds. He was blasting Bommy Sobedo off the court in 2009 French open and deserved a 5 setter but was robbed in a tiebreak. He was 2 tiebreaks away from a quarter final at the 2008 AO but Barko Screamining got lucky.

Ball Enree Immature has 5 4th rounds! He was so unlucky at the 2002 French Open 4th round taking a two sets to love lead against Dr Dre Shaggassi. But none of his other matches he even came close.

Nikolas Bassoo is one of the least credentialled, but he took Gile Moro Bar Scoria to 5 sets in 2005 US Open, but lost a 2 sets to 1 lead.

Phillipe Owe The Laundry, hot of a win against Roger Federer, reached the 4th round of 2007 French Open by upsetting Wivan Lubed Up Bitch coming back from 2 sets to 1 down. He tried so hard. He just had no energy left for Bommy Boredo.

Lee Huyang I have to take a pee reached two 4th rounds at US Open. He was unlucky to draw Pat Shampras at the 2000 US Open, and beat an impressive resume of Shitler and Ass on the way. Was dismissed by SavyWanko in the other in 2007. Did beat Shandi Mug GAY on the way though and that does deserve respect.

Any others worthy of a mention?

Cyrus_Paice 01-03-2010 11:09 PM

Re: Poll: Who is the most talented tennis player to never reach a slam quarter final?

I've already voted for Kohlschreiber but definetly Wawrinka. In five years 12 3rd rounds, 4 4th rounds and a Master Series final. Jürgen Melzer is also in the top 3 (11 3rd rounds).

n8 01-03-2010 11:17 PM

Re: Poll: Who is the most talented tennis player to never reach a slam quarter final?

The amount of talent/career achievement combinations are endless. Stan the man is definitely the 'winner' here though.

Ivanatis 01-03-2010 11:29 PM

hell yeah, save the best for last, also valid for this offseason:yeah:

btw. now we've officially reached the level where Karlovic can no longer be considered in these polls:(

Henry Chinaski 01-03-2010 11:41 PM

didn't read the initial post because your embarrassingly bad nicknames meant that my cheekbones would have been at risk of being shattered under the weight of my cringing face but Agustin Calleri immediately sprang to mind when I read the title.

I'd say Mathieu is the most talented player on your list.

TennisLurker 01-03-2010 11:42 PM

Good list, those were all pretty good players.

I voted Wawrinka. Massu was not a huge talent, but he was a very good clay courter in his prime.

diego36arg 01-03-2010 11:44 PM

I voted Wawa

Leo 01-04-2010 02:18 AM

Mathieu and Kohlschreiber. IMO, more talent there than Wawrinka, although he is a steadier performer.

Remember Mathieu was up 2 sets to love on Agassi in the 2002 RG R16. Before one of his many famous chokes. He also gave Nadal one of his toughest matches ever in Paris - that was in a 3R.

2003 01-04-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deck (Post 9462012)
Now we've officially reached the level where Karlovic can no longer be considered in these polls:(

Oh don't be so certain, The "Least talented tennis player to have reached a grand slam quarter final" is inevatible :worship:

chowdahead25 01-04-2010 02:28 AM

Stan def. I think Janko will reach one with the right draw eventually. He plays too many phenomenal matches to not make one. If he could stop pulling the beat Roddick lose to Shitler thing he'd do it easy.

Havok 01-04-2010 02:33 AM

PHM, followed closely by Wawrinka.

ChinoRios4Ever 01-04-2010 02:35 AM

Nico :sad:

andreevforehand 01-04-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski (Post 9462055)
didn't read the initial post because your embarrassingly bad nicknames meant that my cheekbones would have been at risk of being shattered under the weight of my cringing face but Agustin Calleri immediately sprang to mind when I read the title.

I'd say Mathieu is the most talented player on your list.

Agree with the first part of this post (unreadableness of original post), but would go with Stan, since I would consider not choking on a regular basis a component of "talent."

stebs 01-04-2010 11:08 AM

Most accomplished on the list is probably Wawrinka.

Puschkin 01-04-2010 12:42 PM

I am with the majority on this one: Wawrinka!