MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Marat Safin Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155400)

monkey247 12-23-2009 11:47 AM

2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

In honour of Marat's setting sail for horizons new, I hereby launch this thread!

11 June 2009, Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Traditional Gaelic blessing

luxsword 12-23-2009 11:59 AM

Re: 2010 Photos Thread: Because Truth, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the wor

"Magic Mirror on the Wall, who is the Fairest one of all?"

Traditional Disney quote. :angel:

monkey247 12-23-2009 12:21 PM

Re: 2010 Photos Thread: Because Truth, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the wor

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxsword (Post 9431767)
"Magic Mirror on the Wall, who is the Fairest one of all?" Traditional Disney quote. :angel:

:wavey: Could we possibly keep this thread "new horizons" only? Maybe someone could open a "Vintage Marat" thread for old photos like this one? :shrug:

AnnieNik 12-23-2009 12:34 PM

Well, since you posted a pic from June 2009, I think it's fine to see the other side of Marat's beauty, a.k.a. the twins :rocker:

ad-out 12-23-2009 03:35 PM

Great idea Monkey! I hope we get lots of photos to fill this thread. Maybe even a few in the tennis outfit! ;)

monkey247 12-23-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieNik (Post 9431843)
Well, since you posted a pic from June 2009, I think it's fine to see the other side of Marat's beauty, a.k.a. the twins :rocker:

I don't see any need to get personal. It's still 2009, plus the photo from June has never been posted before, unlike the Shanghai 2005 photo.

:wavey: So just asking again, could we possibly keep this "new horizons", which of course can include brand new pics from other years?

monkey247 12-23-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad-out (Post 9432222)
Great idea Monkey! I hope we get lots of photos to fill this thread.

Oh ad, I hope so too! The prospect of going cold turkey fills me with dread. I've got loads more pics of Marat last June in Tatarstan that haven't yet been posted.

luxsword 12-23-2009 05:35 PM

Re: 2010 Photos Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the worl

Ah, monkey, it was all in good fun ! ;)

little_masha 12-23-2009 07:32 PM

Re: 2010 Photos Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the worl

Introducing the Marat le Serieux thread

Congrats, Monkey, what a great idea...bitch looks fantastic in a suit, who would suspect that outrageous T-shirt collection?!

ad-out 12-23-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeytattoo (Post 9432231)
Oh ad, I hope so too! The prospect of going cold turkey fills me with dread. I've got loads more pics of Marat last June in Tatarstan that haven't yet been posted.

I'm sure everyone would agree that we would love to see them! :hearts: :hug:

Purrfecta 12-23-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad-out (Post 9432658)

Yes please,we can never have too many Marat photos to drool over :):):):):):):):)

Sileithel 12-24-2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeytattoo (Post 9431745)
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Traditional Gaelic blessing

I have this blessing in my very own private cup :lol: I love it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxsword (Post 9431767)
"Magic Mirror on the Wall, who is the Fairest one of all?"

Traditional Disney quote. :angel:

:haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad-out (Post 9432222)
Great idea Monkey! I hope we get lots of photos to fill this thread. Maybe even a few in the tennis outfit! ;)

I so hope that we get to see some photos of our boy ... *sighs deeply*

I haven't overcome it yet :sad:

monkey247 12-24-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxsword (Post 9432378)
Ah, monkey, it was all in good fun ! ;)

As it should be, luxsword! I love a bit of fun (hence the thread title) with photos, esp. when it's original and not at the expense of a heartfelt blessing for Marat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad-out (Post 9432658)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purrfecta (Post 9432772)
Yes please,we can never have too many Marat photos to drool over :):):):):):):):)

Will do my best to post soon! :yeah:

KarlyM 12-24-2009 10:08 PM

A new pic thread... :)

...just because Marat stopped playing tennis doesn't mean we stop drooling... :yeah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_masha (Post 9432652)
Introducing the Marat le Serieux thread

Congrats, Monkey, what a great idea...bitch looks fantastic in a suit, who would suspect that outrageous T-shirt collection?!

^As much as I make fun of his selection in casualwear (and sometimes wearing them to semi-formal events :lol:), the guy sure knows how to pick out a suit and rock it well! :rocker2:

PennyThePenguin 12-26-2009 04:13 AM

I'm going to ban anyone who posts marat in that HIDEOUS hair again (hideous hair = hair as in post 2 of this thread) ;) :armed: