MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do The Mods Think They're Gods? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=154335)

buddyholly 11-15-2009 01:12 PM

Do The Mods Think They're Gods?

I started a serious thread pondering why no-one seemed interested in a terrorist attack that took place in the US, killing 13 people. I wondered if the fact that the attack was by a radical Islamist was the reason that people were avoiding the subject, much as the US authorities avoided raising red flags while this murderer was sending out obvious signals. Someone seems to think that wondering out loud about the PCness of MTF is not PC.

Is my thinking not politically correct? If some mod wants to delete such threads as unacceptable subjects for open discussion I wish he or she would step forward instead of hiding his/her shameful behaviour behind anonymity. Maybe I don't belong at MTF. Maybe the mods would just prefer that we all chatter about best asses and biggest bulges. Maybe I don't say ''fuck'' enough in my posts, thus not appearing to be of sufficient intellectual ability to be able to carry on a discussion at the desired MTF level of accomplishment.

Har-Tru 11-15-2009 01:23 PM

Re: Do The Mods Think They're Gods?

Has that thread been deleted or merged? The second one would be debatable, the first one, baffling to say the least.

In any case, this is the wrong forum for this.

buddyholly 11-15-2009 01:51 PM

What is the right forum?

Bilbo 11-15-2009 01:57 PM

people are just tired of your "americans are more valuable than others" topics. many more innocent children die each day. you've never spoken about that.

you need to get a life, bro.

buddyholly 11-15-2009 02:39 PM

Stay away, then. And don't call me bro'. Trying to sound American cool doesn't suit you.

Black Adam 11-15-2009 02:46 PM

You're mad because there are mmt too many republicans to share your views on this forum. Grow up will ya? Nobody really gives a "fuck"because that's very common in the UsA. Folks shooting up each other.

Bilbo 11-15-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Adam (Post 9321546)
Nobody really gives a "fuck"because that's very common in the UsA. Folks shooting up each other.

Even on CNN they barely talked about it. It's not a big deal.

buddyholly 11-15-2009 03:01 PM

I wouldn't expect you to see my point. Why was the thread deleted? If the mods insist on everyone having the same thoughts, then there would be no need for a forum.

buddyholly 11-15-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Adam (Post 9321546)
You're mad because there are mmt too many republicans to share your views on this forum. Grow up will ya? Nobody really gives a "fuck"because that's very common in the UsA. Folks shooting up each other.

Do you have any idea how juvenile this sounds? What you are saying is that you only want to read posts that mirror your own views. Babies might think like that, but not grown-ups.

prima donna 11-15-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 9321632)
Do you have any idea how juvenile this sounds? What you are saying is that you only want to read posts that mirror your own views. Babies might think like that, but not grown-ups.

Well, he is, after all, juvenile.

buddyholly 11-15-2009 03:45 PM

And the point of the thread is getting sidetracked. What I would really like to see at this point is a moderator post that ''your thread was deleted by me because............."

If this place is to merit the description ''forum'' then the people with the power to stifle opinion should at least have the decency to point out their reasons for taking on the role of thought police.

Har-Tru 11-15-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 9321347)
What is the right forum?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=394

buddyholly 11-15-2009 04:22 PM

Mmmm, maybe they could just move my thread there. That would also guarantee that no-one would ever read it.

Henry Chinaski 11-15-2009 04:36 PM

ridiculous if the thread was deleted even if you didn't have a valid point.

where are all the threads about the larger scale attacks in pakistan in the last couple of months?

The NT forum is pretty dead in general and rarely produces a half decent thread even when it is busy.

If there had been a thread it would've been a long list of RIPs, sad smilie faces and inane crap like "condolences to the families" peppered with the odd dose of trolling from Bilbo and Prima

buddyholly 11-15-2009 04:55 PM

I often wonder what is in the minds of those people that post, ''my sincerest condolences to the family'' on MTF. Do they think the non-tennis forum is a fax machine or a texting device? Or worse, do they think the family is glued to MTF reading condolence messages?