MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   Ty (Winnipeg)'s Tournament Cheering Thread!!! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=147400)

Winnipeg 07-09-2009 03:36 PM

Ty (Winnipeg)'s Tournament Cheering Thread!!!

Hey Guys!
Here's a Little Background info on myself!

Ty Dilello (CAN)

Birthdate: August 2nd 1993 Started Playing Tennis: Age 10

Birthplace: Winnipeg, MB Residence: Winnipeg, MB

Height: 5"8 (170 CM) Weight: 118 Lbs (52 Kg)

Career Win-Loss - 46-44 (Junior Singles), 1-16 (Junior Doubles), 11-7 (Mens Singles), 1-2 (Mens Doubles)
Combined - 57-51 (Singles), 2-18 (Doubles)

Plays: Left-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)

Career High Ranking: 6th U16 Boys (Oct 6th 2008)

Career Main Draw Titles: 1 (1 Finals Appearance)

Career Consolation Titles: 4 (4 Finals Appearance) (1 Final Cancelled)

Past Coaches: Stephen Dubieinski, Ross Kennedy Current Coaches: Mario Trstenjak, Jared Connell

Home Club: Taylor Tennis Club (10 Indoor Hard Courts, 6 Outdoor Clay Courts) Fun Fact: Serves Left Handed, Then Plays Right Handed

Career Highlights

2006: Advanced to first career QF at the Big Sand Junior Classic in the U14 Boys category...falling to number 1 seed Saul Shrom 6/1 6/2

2007: Made his first and only Main Draw Finals Appearance at the LM Architectural Group Clay Open losing to #1 seed Yale Selchen 6/3 6/2

2008: Advanced to U18 QF at Big Sand Junior Classic winning two rounds before losing to top seed Sean Bailey 6/0 6/0

Advanced to U16 and U18 Quarter Finals at the Tuxedo Junior Open...in the U16's he played number 1 seed Igal Mostkov and lost 6/3 6/1,

and in the U18's Ty took on another Top seed Sean Bailey and worked hard to get a game in a 6/0 6/1 loss.

Ty was a Quarter Finalist in the U16 Boys Event at the Manitoba Junior Open...at the LM Architectural Group Clay Open Ty Was a Semi-Finalist

in the U16 Event, in the 3rd Place Match Ty performed the greatest comeback in his career when he came back from a 2/6 2/5 deficet and saved 4 match points

to win 2/6 7/5 14/12 over Alex Minuk. Ty also won the U18 Boys Consolation Finals in the same tournament. Ty won the U18 Consolation Event and was a finalist

in the U16 Consolation Event at the Sargent Park Junior Cup. He also competed in his first Mens Open event that year...the Manitoba Indoor Mens Tennis

Championship (losing in the opening round). In September Ty was asked and did tryout for the 2009 Canada Summer Games in P.E.I. Ty put up a great fight

but fell short of one of the 6 coveted spots. Ty finished the year ranked 6th in Manitoba for U16 Boys... a Career Best !!!

In the Winnipeg Indoor Open...Ty was a quarterfinalist in the Mens 4.5 Singles event...and in the Mens Open Singles event...Ty made the round of 16 before falling to his coach Jared Connell who was also the #3 seed 6/1 6/1...but Ty would bounce back in the consols and won 4 straight matches to win his first mens title!!!

2009: In the Big Sand Junior Classic, Ty reached the quarterfinals in the U16 and U18 Boys categories and also reached the consolation final in the U18 even defeating long time foe Trevor Hollins in the process.
In the World of Water junior tournament, Ty defeated Trevor Hollins in a barn-burning 3 setter. Also he got 2 games off junior powerhouse Chad LaCap.

At the LM Archatectual Junior Open, Ty won his first ever title defeating Eagan Peters in a tight 7/5 7/6 (2) final.

Personal

Full name is Ty Michael Dilello...began playing tennis at age 10...Parents Tony and Colleen are divorced...Tony is retired Cop...and Colleen is retired also...admired Frederic Niemeyer, Robin Soderling, and Gilles Muller growing up...Considers best shot is his two-handed backhand down the line...Prefers Clay his favorite surface...

Career Goals In Tennis

- Play in the Tennis Canada Junior Nationals

- Play in the Manitoba Open

- Play in a Futures Qualifying Event

- Play in Futures Main Draw

- Get an ATP Point

Winnipeg 07-09-2009 03:37 PM

Re: Ty (Winnipeg)'s Tournament Cheering Thread!!!

All This Info and more!
can be found on my site!

www.freewebs.com/tydilello

Winnipeg 07-09-2009 03:40 PM

I won My First Career Title in fine fashion last week a the LM Architectual Group Junior Open!

Tuesday: Played my semifinal match against Gage Despins who is one of the Triplets from Texas, we played a real back and forth match where I had to come back in both sets. I scraped out the match in good fashion, final score: 6/3 7/6 (5)

Friday: In the finals, I played against friend Eagan Peters who has a great serve and booming groundstrokes so I knew holding serve would be key in this match. In the first set he was up a break at 5-4 serving for the first set and he went up 30-love before I could rattle off 4 straight points and break back to level up the match. I would then brea his serve again to take the opening set 7/5.

In the second set, It was very even as we both won around the same amount of points and he went up 5-3 in the set before i would hold serve to make it 5-4 then after saving a set point I would break him to level the set again at 5-5. I then quickly held serve and so did Eagan to force a tiebreaker. In the tiebreaker I was just the more dominant player as I pulled the breaker out 7-2 and I won the match and my first ever main draw tourney 7/5 7/6 (2) and I was very happy with the win.

Next Tourney is the Manitoba Open!!!

Winnipeg 07-09-2009 04:00 PM

Manitoba Open

This is the BIGGEST tourney of the year....It is the biggest men's tourney in the praries and has a $10,000 purse!
I am playing in The Mens Open Qualifier, 4.5 Mens Singles, and 4.5 Mens Singles.

In the 4.5 Singles...I got the 2nd worst possible place to be in the draw...but that happens to me alot.
I might have to pull out of doubles because of my partner being injured.
And in the Mens Open, I may be able to sneak in the Q Draw...and that will be released later today!

Keep Checking Here, Or Visit my Blog for more on my matches in the Manitoba Open!!!

Mens Open Qualifer: R1 vs. TBD

Mens 4.5 Singles: R32 vs. (3) Werner Dyck (FRI 5:30)

Mens 4.5 Doubles: R16 def. Bye
Mens 4.5 Doubles: QF vs. (2) Wilken/Whittaker (SUN 3:00)

--------------

Here Are The Draws:

Mens 4.5 Singles:
http://www.mta.computan.com/tourname...=Manitoba+Open

Mens 4.5 Doubles:
http://www.mta.computan.com/tourname...=Manitoba+Open

Mens Open Qualifier: TBD

-------------------

could really use the support here everybody!!!

DartMarcus 07-09-2009 06:41 PM

You are doing well Ty! Good luck in all your tournaments.
Great job on writing all this bio :worship:
What does your career high ranking mean (city, district, country or what?)
Have you tried playing ITF tournaments?

Winnipeg 07-09-2009 09:12 PM

hey thanks for the response!
my career high ranking is for my province (manitoba)
and I plan on playing a Level 4 ITF Junior Tourney in ontario in october!

10K Futures Qualifier 07-11-2009 03:58 PM

He also claims he got 4 games off of Peter Polansky...

TMJordan 07-11-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by < $padea > (Post 8836194)
He also claims he got 4 games off of Peter Polansky...

4 points you mean?

10K Futures Qualifier 07-12-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMJordan (Post 8836476)
4 points you mean?

My coach hates him. LOL. He tried to say that Polansky, who Qualified in the Australian Open, then flew to play some money tournament in Vancouvar, after taking Lopez to a 5-setter. This guy is such a moron. He does not know the magnitude of his lies!!!

Ozone 07-12-2009 03:21 PM

:lol: Serves lefty then plays righty:rolls:

Anyways, if me or Greg played in Canada the competition would be soooooooo insuperior to ours here in the States that we would HONESTLY be some of the best Canadian juniors. I would like to see Ty Di come play in Texas or North Carolina. I think our state's worse players could beat Manitoba's best.

chowdahead25 07-12-2009 11:50 PM

USA v Canada rivalry!!!!

:D

Johnny Groove 07-14-2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8838869)
:lol: Serves lefty then plays righty:rolls:

Anyways, if me or Greg played in Canada the competition would be soooooooo insuperior to ours here in the States that we would HONESTLY be some of the best Canadian juniors. I would like to see Ty Di come play in Texas or North Carolina. I think our state's worse players could beat Manitoba's best.

:rolleyes:

This is why there are no young American players coming up the ranks. Too many punks have this attitude about someone they've never seen play. Too many kids take their opponent's for granted and don't give any respect before the match and wonder why they get beaten.

Ozone, I don't know you, but this post shows your immaturity. A good tennis player should be humble or be humbled. The goal isn't to boast, but to improve and show how good you are on the court. Ty Di might kick your ass if you guys played, you don't know.

Ozone 07-14-2009 03:20 AM

Aight. GD, you do not understand some of the things that are going on here. First of, I guess I can somewhat apologize to Ty Di because I took him for a serious junior who was mature and serious about his results and game. I did not understand Ty is just a very big tennis fan and an immature junior that's just thinks he is the stuff and is trying to look like a pro for just playing in a few junior tournaments.

GD, Ty Di is making himself look superior to those who are humble and serious about their results and game. It is simply not fair. Me and Greg have our heads down and grind in huge USA Junior tourneys while Ty is just shouting look at me I won these nothing tournaments I am the best. Now Ty has gotten me and Greg out of our personalities and he has made us look rude for being a little cocky player that doesn't understand what junior tennis is all about.

Now, put that in your pipe and smoke it (Sorry, I just always wanted to say that)

Johnny Groove 07-14-2009 03:27 AM

Well, maybe I missed the argument you guys have been having, and if so, I apologize.

Depending on what kind of weed you're giving me, I wouldn't mind having a smoke :smoke: :lol:

Ozone 07-14-2009 03:30 AM

:lol: You just came onto the wrong guy's ass. You would understand if you saw some of Ty Di's quotes:lol: