MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   Grass Season 2009 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=143245)

Kezzi 05-07-2009 08:20 PM

Grass Season 2009

Maybe it's a little early to open this thread already, but I have a question to open this thread with :)

In 's-Hertogenbosch Micka and Nico are both on the entry list, which one do you think Arno will team up with for doubles? :)

Usually I say Rosmalen instead of 's-Herto, but I love to bother foreigners with that name :p I think I might ask Arno to pronounce it when I get the chance to talk to him :devil: When one of my French friends visits NL and we go to Amsterdam, I'll always let them try to pronounce "Nieuwezijds voorburgwal" :lol: (It's quite a big street in A'dam, I should invite Arno, let him ask people where it is and film that, would be a hit in the cinema :rolls: )

soulage 05-07-2009 08:39 PM

Re: Grass Season 2009

Little Nico & Little Arno is a very sexy team and even with a first round exit they're in the ATP gallery :D

But the more efficient especially on grass must be with Micka

I'm not sure Micka will play doubles every weeks so he could not play this one. The Doubles Entry list is out 2 or 1 week before the tournament but sometimes we don't have it :o.

Rosmalen is more easy to say and more easy to write :D Arno speaking NL but more fun than in english but in english it's already.

Kezzi 05-07-2009 08:52 PM

Great pics you posted! :lol: Especially the one with Micka, it's new to me :)

It's a shame he can't enter in two teams, because I would love to see him play together with both :p
I agree that on grass Micka is the better choice and I never actually saw them play together irl... I missed the doubles matches in R'dam, because of the bad schedule there :(
So I guess I hope Micka, because I think there will be more chances to see him play together with little Nico :) (it sounds cute, little Arno and little Nico :hearts: )

I think when French people speak English it's very cute instead of funny :) But Dutch seems to be a horrible language to learn, at least that's what I've heard :p

soulage 05-27-2009 06:41 PM

An extract froml'equipe.fr interview
Quote:

«Cette année, j'ai joué beaucoup de tournois pour une seule raison : j'ai beaucoup envie de jouer. Je me sens bien physiquement, mentalement. Quand je sentirai de la lassitude, je prendrai une ou deux semaines de repos.»
Arno says that if he plays a lot since the start of the year it was because he has the desire to play and feels well physically & mentally well. I reports this here cos he entered Newport :eek: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...00#post8628700

What's happen with his tradionnal holidays after wim ? maybe cos all the points he had to defend :confused: but what schedule this year ! He can still withdraw.

kukka 05-28-2009 03:33 PM

I don't remember if this is mentioned anywhere yet, but Arnaud is playing at Nottingham challenger (on grass) next week. Or at least he's on the entry list.

Elina

Cerise 05-28-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulage (Post 8628907)
What's happen with his tradionnal holidays after wim ? maybe cos all the points he had to defend :confused: but what schedule this year ! He can still withdraw.

Yes, he will probably need to take points at Newport to be admitted at the U.S. open.

He may go on holidays after Newport.

Via 05-29-2009 09:49 AM

lol we're already thinking after the grass season... guess nothing lasts very long this year :p

if he turns up at every tournament that he can enter, great! especially for his fans, if only they can see one match.

soulage 05-29-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kukka (Post 8633233)
I don't remember if this is mentioned anywhere yet, but Arnaud is playing at Nottingham challenger (on grass) next week. Or at least he's on the entry list.

He has withdraw today ;) The field is not very tough so it could have been a good way to win some points but as it's a 50000$ he would have need to go at least in final. Anyway i think he needs rest for his old body lol and for his head.

Extract from his press-conference
Quote:

Q. Quel est ton programme immédiat ?
R. Je vais jouer à Halle, S-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon et après j'irai jouer un autre tournoi à New Port aux Etats-Unis. Après onverra mon classement mais c'est dans longtemps tout cela.
The grass season will be
Halle
St'Hertogenbosh
Wimbledon
Newport

Kezzi 05-29-2009 02:53 PM

Halle & 's-Hertogenbosch: Can't wait :bounce:
;)

kukka 05-29-2009 05:27 PM

It was no surprise that he withdrew from Nottingham. ;) Hopefully he'll get enough grass court match practice before Wimbledon. :)

Elina

soulage 05-30-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kezzi (Post 8638713)
Halle & 's-Hertogenbosch: Can't wait :bounce:
;)

I hope you go early in the Halle tournament cos there are amazing players in the field and it will be tough for Arno to win matches there.
And i'm shocked Arno should play the double with Rainer Schuettler in Halle :eek: A non french speaker partner and especially Rainer are quite surprising and Rainer is out of form atm. http://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/pla...ppelfeld-2009/

Cerise 05-30-2009 01:59 PM

Yes, it is surprising.

After English, Arno may wish to learn German :eek:.
C'est pas gagné!

Schuettler is a good grass player.

Kezzi 05-30-2009 05:59 PM

I'll go on Monday and leave Thursday :)
But Halle is a great tournament, I love it there even if Arno isn't playing ;) One minor thing is that you can't get to the training courts, but I can't think of anything else...

Rainer, yeah, it's really an unexpected choice :eek: If I see Arno, I'll ask him about it ;) But who knows, maybe Rainer speaks excellent French? :p
Anyway, I'll see Arno again the next week in Rosmalen :D

Via 05-31-2009 01:40 AM

rainer... didn't he beat arnaud in wimbly to get to the semis a couple of years ago? they've had tough matches these two, in melbourne as well.... but somehow have grown a lot of mutual respect! that's the way to go, in the end when all is over, only friendships remain (let's hope) :cool:

kukka 06-03-2009 07:22 PM

In Rosmalen Arnaud plays doubles with Marc Gicquel. :)

Elina