MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Equipment (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=597)
-   -   dunlop 4d 500 tour vs. wilson k blade 98 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=143020)

kalahad 05-04-2009 01:05 PM

dunlop 4d 500 tour vs. wilson k blade 98

Hi,

after 2 years of an injury lay-off i want to restart playing tennis. Before I injured myself I played tennis for about 5 years. I am now 19 years old and rather the small and slim type. To describe my skills I would say that my techniques are ok, means that I can play all styles (as a teenager I played in a team and we succeeded well). But I am not the one who can hit balls very hart over a longer period of time and the balls do not always land where I want them to. Now I want to play about 3 times a week and I want to improve my skills (particularly to create more stability).

I want to buy a new racket hence I need your help! I consider two rackets, the dunlop 4d 500 tour or the wilson k.blade 98. My last two rackets were the i.radical und a muscleweave dunlop. In this forum the k blade seems to be very popular. Has anyone tested the new 4d 500 tour? Didn't found a review yet. What strings do you suggest for the dunlop 4d 500 tour? I thought about hybrid strings like babolat hurricane/VS or hurricane/Xcel.

Sorry for sporadicly bad english

I would be thankful for help mates!

jazar 05-04-2009 07:15 PM

Re: dunlop 4d 500 tour vs. wilson k blade 98

of the two rackets you have mentioned i prefer the blade, but thats just because its my type of racket.

if you havent played that much recently the dunlop 500 tour will be a little easier to use. it will also give you more power and more access to spin. its a great racket for baseline play.

the blade is slightly more control oriented and a little more of an all round racket.

in terms of strings for the 500 tour i wouldnt put anything too stiff in there as it is a stiff racket. hybrid stringing allows you to blend the characteristics of the strings you put in there. if you dont mind shelling out a little more money a combo like pht/vs is always going to play really well

player2011 05-06-2009 07:01 AM

Since you are from Germany and you probably would play more often on slow clay Id recommend the Dunlop 4D AG 500. Or you may even want to take a look at the 4D AG 300, which would be a little closer to Specs of the K Blade 98.

Dunlops are cheaper also.... ;-)

http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.co...LOPRAC-DE.html

kalahad 05-06-2009 02:30 PM

Thanks for the replies!

I often heard that the K Blade does not have enough power and the sweetspot is very small. So it's made for a pro player. That would let me decide definitely against the K Blade. But the headsize (630cm) isn't that small. Can someone tell me about the forgiveness and the power of the K Blade 98? I think these are important qualities for my recommencement.

jazar 05-06-2009 02:39 PM

i personally find the kblade to be forgiving and powerful, but thats because i'm a good player who is used to a smaller headsize and heavier racket. but the kblade definitely isnt exclusively for pro players; it is without a doubt one of the best selling rackets on the market and is great for intermediate players looking to push on and develop their games further

kalahad 05-06-2009 04:48 PM

Well, I am also used to heavier rackets with smaller headsize, but that was two years ago. On the one hand I will probably find the K Blade to be more familiar, on the other hand I think that my techniques got very rusty and then the Dunlop will do better because of high forgiveness.

But the main point is that I want to improve my skills and when you say the k blade is also created for people who want to develop their game further, i will give him a try =)

Thanks for your advice!