MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Guillermo Caņas Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=428)
-   -   Serbia Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=142970)

wedda 05-03-2009 01:03 PM

Serbia Open

Here's his quarter of the draw (could've been worse):
SEPPI, Andreas [4]
Bye
ODESNIK, Wayne
MAYER, Leonardo
DANIEL, Marcos
CANAS, Guillermo
QUALIFIER
LJUBICIC, Ivan [6]

So wishing him good luck :)

Aquarianbabe 05-03-2009 04:26 PM

Re: Serbia Open

At least he doesn't have Sam Q in his quarter and I hope Luby gets beaten as I don't like him.

martine2 05-04-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedda (Post 8520349)
Here's his quarter of the draw (could've been worse):
SEPPI, Andreas [4]
Bye
ODESNIK, Wayne
MAYER, Leonardo
DANIEL, Marcos
CANAS, Guillermo
QUALIFIER
LJUBICIC, Ivan [6]

So wishing him good luck :)

Mmmm, I wouldn't exactly call it an easy draw... but certainly wishing him good luck! Vamos Willy :banana:

wedda 05-04-2009 04:57 PM

It's definitely not easy that's why I said "could've been worse", but you have to agree that drawing Ljubicic is much better than drawing Djokovic for example.

And also I do agree about hating Ljubicic He said a couple of bad things about Willy after he came back in 2007. (I remember something about not giving him a wild card because that would be like rewarding someone who just came out of jail, or something like that)

martine2 05-04-2009 05:31 PM

Yes, that's true. I don't have anything against Ljubo but I do blame him for saying that about Willy :(
However Willy kicked his ass right after so that compensated :lol:

*snowflake* 05-04-2009 05:44 PM

I saw him today. He was hella bored walking around, accasionally chatting with ppl or texting on his cell. And every time i see him i'm more and more convinced that TV or pictures don't do him justice at all! He looks 10 times better in person. Can't wait to see him play!

martine2 05-04-2009 06:58 PM

Nice that you can see him play Snowflake! Please keep us posted :banana:

Aquarianbabe 05-05-2009 01:50 AM

Snowflake have an awesome time and try to take some photos. Not good that he looked bored, maybe it's because he doesn't have any of his mates around him.

And do keep us posted.

Aquarianbabe 05-05-2009 12:50 PM

I hope Snowflake isn't making him nervous. He played quite well in the first set then the wheels have fallen off in the 2nd. Hoping he can pull it back together in the 3rd.

Aquarianbabe 05-05-2009 02:12 PM

Damn he lost, I can believe it.

martine2 05-05-2009 05:26 PM

Losing to Marcos Daniel.... :sad:
I really feel for him.

He just doesn't deserve that :sad:

Aquarianbabe 05-06-2009 01:11 PM

I wonder what went wrong, this was a good draw. I still feel sad.

*snowflake* 05-06-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarianbabe (Post 8528354)
I hope Snowflake isn't making him nervous. He played quite well in the first set then the wheels have fallen off in the 2nd. Hoping he can pull it back together in the 3rd.

lol

He was so solid in the first set that i thought it would all go smoothly in the second, but boy was i wrong. He just crumbled. His shots became too long, Marcos took the lead, stretching Willy over the court.
Now, not that i'm trying to make excuses for him but, it's very obvious that his wrist is bothering him. It looked more and more painful as the match progressed. It just wasn't a good sight.
And i saw him again today, despite the info that the newspapers here published saying he refused to hold the press conference after the match and that he got on the first flight leaving Belgrade. He's still here (looking very nice in blue if i might add) and seemingly not to stressed out cause of the loss.
All in all, it's always nice to see him, he's such a cool, nice, chatty etc. guy :p true Argentino :angel:

P.S. He attracts large crowds of middle aged women and turns them into silly teenagers screaming Willy :yippee: Willy :yippee: Willeeeeeeeeeey :lol:

Aquarianbabe 05-07-2009 01:16 AM

Snowflake thanks for the report, it doesn't sound like him to not hold a press conference as I gathered his quite open about things. Not good news about his wrist.

I don't want to say this but I would rather him not play than risk permanent damage to his body. And yes he does look lovely in blue.

horizon 05-11-2009 11:29 AM

Heloo to y'all :wavey: I was volunteering at SO,and i must say,Willy is a very sweet guy,but also, I don't think he cares that much about tennis anymore :shrug: he was going out every night in Belgrade,even the night before his match. But on the other hand,he was very disappointed after his loss,so I don't really know what he's thinking about... Oh,and he does look much better in person :)