MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The Federer Express (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The "RF" chat thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=141404)

Eden 04-08-2009 03:45 PM

The "RF" chat thread
 
As the administrators are closing threads I think they will do the same with the chat thread which Claire started. Threads are only allowed to get 5 000 posts, then they are going to get closed in order to help to make the forum go faster.

So I think it's time to start a new chat thread in the Federer forum :) I didn't knew which name to choose for the thread, suggestions are welcome.

Let's make this a thread of nice discussions, interesting questions of the days and hopefully many happy moments for Roger and us :)


*********************************

People posting in this thread:

anon57 -> Kimberly
arm ->
biological -> Sophie
Chiudi-fan -> Yvo
clever1980 -> Tarrie
Eden -> Doris
Federerhingis -> Luis
icedevil0289 -> Usha
infinityfed -> Nadine
juninhOH ->
*Ljubica* -> Rose
lunahielo -> Luna
mangoes -> Sheryl
Mrs. B. -> Eva
neenah -> Nina
Rita -> Rita
Spirit fire -> Blair
Stupid Dream -> Karin
Suktuen ->
trickcy -> Lekha
Venle -> Venla

Eden 04-08-2009 03:51 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
First Question of the day from the new thread:

Where abroad do you have relatives and when was the last time you have seen them?


I'm asking this because we had a little family meeting last Sunday which a cousin of my attended. She lives in England, has been on vacation in the Netherlands and came to Germany to meet some of her relatives. I haven't seen her for over 20 years. Her parents live in Ireland and I have seen them for the last time 18 years ago, when they moved from Switzerland to Ireland and came to us to say good-bye. Their son is living in Ireland as well with his family and I haven't seen him for probably 15 years.

RogiFan88 04-08-2009 04:08 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
nowhere now! :lol:

juninhOH 04-08-2009 04:41 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
All my relatives live in Brazil. I think I've seen them all in the last 3-4 years, so there is nothing like "I haven't seen him in 20 years now".

BTW Eden, great, great thread name. I'll support Roger no matter what. But this doesn't stop me from getting upset from time to time ;)

Nymeria 04-08-2009 04:54 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
Will they really close all big threads Doris? :awww:


Most of my family lives in Holland as well, I only got some family living in Switzerland. Last time I saw them was last summer :)

trickcy 04-08-2009 05:02 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
I don't want the Roger news and articles thread or the Roger's picture thread closed or the other threads here closed :awww: When the threads are closed, we can no longer post, but we should atleast be able to look through the previous posts, right?

Nice question, Doris :D

Some of my relatives are in US and I saw some of them 2-3 years ago and others 4 years ago , and my cousin is in Australia and I saw him 1 or 1 1/2 years ago. My other cousin is in Singapore and I saw him a month ago when he came to India.

Eden 04-08-2009 05:10 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogiFan88 (Post 8399664)
nowhere now! :lol:

So you have all your family in your homecountry? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by juninhOH (Post 8401544)
All my relatives live in Brazil. I think I've seen them all in the last 3-4 years, so there is nothing like "I haven't seen him in 20 years now".

Talking about Brazil, I read on the news that Guga is on a committee to get the Olympics to your country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juninhOH (Post 8401544)
BTW Eden, great, great thread name. I'll support Roger no matter what. But this doesn't stop me from getting upset from time to time ;)

Glad you like the name :)

I think it's normal that we are upset sometimes, which just shows how much we care for him as a player, but also as human being.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan (Post 8402170)
Will they really close all big threads Doris? :awww:

Yes, Yvo, they have already closed the big threads, even in the player's forums. The technical administrator has closed most of the threads and reopened them and apparently right now is checking the possibility that other people who post in the thread can change the thread title, although he has opened the thread.

Nymeria 04-08-2009 05:12 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eden (Post 8402274)

Yes, Yvo, they have already closed the big threads, even in the player's forums. The technical administrator has closed most of the threads and reopened them and apparently right now is checking the possibility that other people who post in the thread can change the thread title, although he has opened the thread.

Nooooo I don't want it :crying2: I wouldn't like a 2nd part of "my fanclub" as much as having it all in one :(

But I have read that some threads are completely gone, invisible? Will that always be like that? Or can I at least go back and read some old posts? :awww:

anon57 04-08-2009 05:15 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
Hi Lehka:wavey:
For now most chat threads in non-tennis with over 5000 posts are being removed and they can't be accessed by anyone but mods:( I don't know if they'll be doing this with all other threads with more than 5000 posts.

My answer to the question of the day: Well I was born on Aruba, am living in the Netherlands now. My parents still live on Aruba so I don't see them more than once a year. Some years I travel to Aruba and sometimes my parents travel to the Netherlands and if we can' meet up that way, we take a vacation to somewhere else so we can meet up that way. Most of my dad's family lives on Aruba so I don't see them that often and while I grew up I didn't see my mom's family that often since they live in the Netherlands and I grew up on Aruba.

Eden 04-08-2009 05:23 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickcy (Post 8402229)
I don't want the Roger news and articles thread or the Roger's picture thread closed or the other threads here closed :awww: When the threads are closed, we can no longer post, but we should atleast be able to look through the previous posts, right?

Right now the removed threads can't be seen, but it would be a real loss if they wouldn't made them visible again. Those threads are a few years old and people have memories on the threads. It won't really matter with the games thread, but the chat threads and also everything regarding a player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickcy (Post 8402229)
Some of my relatives are in US and I saw some of them 2-3 years ago and others 4 years ago , and my cousin is in Australia and I saw him 1 or 1 1/2 years ago.

Have you been to the USA and Australia or did they come to visit you in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan (Post 8402289)
Nooooo I don't want it :crying2: I wouldn't like a 2nd part of "my fanclub" as much as having it all in one :(

:hug: I can understand this as you have your thread for so many years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan (Post 8402289)
But I have read that some threads are completely gone, invisible? Will that always be like that? Or can I at least go back and read some old posts? :awww:

Unfortunately there isn't made any official announcement yet what will happen with the closed threads as far as I understood.

Nymeria 04-08-2009 05:28 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eden (Post 8402375)
Right now the removed threads can't be seen, but it would be a real loss if they wouldn't made them visible again. Those threads are a few years old and people have memories on the threads. It won't really matter with the games thread, but the chat threads and also everything regarding a player.


:hug: I can understand this as you have your thread for so many years.



Unfortunately there isn't made any official announcement yet what will happen with the closed threads as far as I understood.

If they will indeed be gone I am really happy Steffi and I took time to save the fanclub page by page, it took us forever. But we "only" have like 1300 pages of 40 posts. We still miss about 500 pages. But I still wouldn't like it. It's not the same without the big fanclub thread :( And the same with other threads. It would be stupid if you only have chatthreads of less than 5000 pages, you can hardly call that a chatthread!

anon57 04-08-2009 05:37 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan (Post 8402413)
If they will indeed be gone I am really happy Steffi and I took time to save the fanclub page by page, it took us forever. But we "only" have like 1300 pages of 40 posts. We still miss about 500 pages. But I still wouldn't like it. It's not the same without the big fanclub thread :( And the same with other threads. It would be stupid if you only have chatthreads of less than 5000 pages, you can hardly call that a chatthread!

If keeping the threads under 5000 posts is really going to improve the servers and help deal with all the problems with the database, that I guess it'll have to be done. Even if I think it's a poor solution to the problems, but it's way more annoying that at the moments the large thread have been removed and we can't even go back and look at old posts. The admins say they're working on finding a way that these threads can still be read so I hope that works.

Nymeria 04-08-2009 05:42 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anon57 (Post 8402484)
If keeping the threads under 5000 posts is really going to improve the servers and help deal with all the problems with the database, that I guess it'll have to be done. Even if I think it's a poor solution to the problems, but it's way more annoying that at the moments the large thread have been removed and we can't even go back and look at old posts. The admins say they're working on finding a way that these threads can still be read so I hope that works.

You are right about that. MTF will have to be faster, if this doesn't help I will really get annoyed.
but I think there should be different solutions. There are millions of not used small threads or not used forums. Why don't they simply close them. Or at least they should keep the threads visible, because those threads have memories in them. It's fun to read some old posts over again.

anon57 04-08-2009 05:51 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
I don't know why they're not just closing the threads instead of taking them away to some place where everyone who posted in them can't even read old posts anymore. I can't imagine that the only possible solution is keeping threads under 5000 posts, but then again I don't know much about how message boards work:shrug:

Nymeria 04-08-2009 06:01 PM

Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread
 
I guess they are looking for the best solution. Apparantly simply closing them is not enough right now. They could simply close them on WTAworld, so I guess there should be a solution here as well. I trust in the administrators (but in the meanwhile I'll continue saving my favorite thread page by page :lol: )


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.