MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Gael Monfils Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   The "Ready to get down & dirty aka clay season 09" thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=141219)

Tess Gray 04-06-2009 09:38 AM

The "Ready to get down & dirty aka clay season 09" thread

I am so excited for the clayseason :bounce: Hopefully he'll do great and play as great as last year:D

amdany 04-06-2009 05:49 PM

Re: The "Ready to get down & dirty aka clay season 09" thread

let's hope so!!! love the thread title Tess:yeah:

Keijan 04-06-2009 06:20 PM

Tetta :rocker2: I approve of the title :lol: Do we know his schedule before Roland or not yet ?

soulage 04-06-2009 07:31 PM

You have the schedule here http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=134569&page=2 but it depends of the famous personnals problems.

Truc 04-07-2009 06:45 AM

He will play in MC, he's fine according to L'Equipe today:
MONFILS REQUINQUÉ. – Gaël Monfils, que l’on avait quitté dépité à Miami après sa défaite face à Roddick (7-6,6-4), a retrouvé tout son tonus avant de reprendre aujourd’hui l’entraînement à Roland-Garros. « Gaël va bien dans sa tête », disait hier Patrick Chamagne, qui conseille le joueur. Après avoir normalisé ses relations jadis tendues avec le capitaine de Coupe Davis Guy Forget, qui l’a appelé durant son séjour en Floride, le Français va donc reprendre la compétition à Monte-Carlo, où il disputera aussi le double en compagnie du Suisse Wawrinka.

He will start training again today in RG and he will play in MC (singles and doubles with Wawrinka). The article hints again at the problems with Forget and says Forget called him while he was in Florida to normalize the relationship.

amdany 04-07-2009 01:59 PM

great news! merci Fran

Tess Gray 04-07-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keijan (Post 8391631)
Tetta :rocker2: I approve of the title :lol: Do we know his schedule before Roland or not yet ?

:rolls::p

Good news Fran!:) I wonder how a conversation like that would go... seems like a bit awkward to me:lol:

Truc 04-07-2009 05:44 PM

I'm always inclined to make Forget responsible for everything, as you know, but it doesn't make sense to me. I can believe it was bothering him in IW, even Rasheed mentioned it, but it's crazy if that's the reason why he came back to France before Miami, tanked the whole 2nd set against Roddick and was considering skipping a part of the clay season!
Mais passons.

As for me I hope he will play better than last year because his whole clay season was painful to follow and he only started to play well in the very last matches of RG, to be honest.
In a way it made the grand finale in RG feel even better after having suffered with him through some horrible matches, but we don't need to go through this again, GaŽl.

Truc 04-08-2009 06:39 AM

In Le Parisien today:

He trained 3 hours and a half in Paris yesterday with Rasheed, but his knee is hurting. He says he's been really in pain since the US tournaments and it got worse yesterday. He underwent an MRI in the States and it's a tendinitis. They were hoping he would feel better on clay since it's not so hard on the body, but it's the opposite so far. Rasheed says he isn't worried, though, and Gaël will keep training normally.

Tess Gray 04-08-2009 05:14 PM

Ah man:( That's not good news. Hopefully his medical staff knows what they're doing by letting him train normally... We don't want to see him out for a longer time just because he wasnt carefull enough.

Truc 04-11-2009 11:42 AM

His draw in MC, maybe we will finally have our Monfils-JMDP match:
[1] NADAL, Rafael ESP vs Bye
KUNITSYN, Igor RUS vs CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG
SAFIN, Marat RUS vs [WC] HEWITT, Lleyton AUS
QUALIFIER vs [15] STEPANEK, Radek CZE

[9] MONFILS, Gael FRA vs TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB
SODERLING, Robin SWE vs BOLELLI, Simone ITA
QUALIFIER vs [WC] LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO
BYE vs [5] DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG

Tess Gray 04-11-2009 01:48 PM

What a crap draw!!:(

Janko'll be really tough. He better beat the Frog second round:ras:

simplet 04-11-2009 02:39 PM

Pretty bad draw, but interesting match-ups. I really hope he'll beat Del Potro though, I hate that guy with a passion. Del Potro on clay, that's exacly the kind of match that he could win somewhat easily by playing aggressively and with variety. If he doesn't, he could look really silly running after the ball for an hour and a half... So please Gael, destroy that monster of a man

soulage 04-11-2009 05:50 PM

The moment to win a double match is coming :) With Stan they play Couillard/Lisnard

A clash with JMDP could be interesting especially cos he doesn't like the clay apparently.

lisaplenske 04-12-2009 09:42 AM

well crappy draw for sure and his actual knee problem doesnt help neither:(

just take it match after match. I would be glad if he reach quarter finale, that would mean he beat tipsarevic and del pony that I put in my hate list:boxing:

Go Gael!