MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Team USA (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Forum Moderator Needed (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=140725)

10K Futures Qualifier 03-27-2009 06:28 PM

Forum Moderator Needed

Hello Fellow U.S. Tennis Fans :wavey:

Don't you think its time that we have a moderator in this area :shrug: I am not talking about in the Sub-Forums for players like for Roddick, Blake, etc. I am talking about the threads that anyone can start. It would be nice to clean up this area a bit', and not still have the threads for players that have their own 'Sub-Forum.' So I am writing to Neely, SloKid, Denaon, and ~*Carlita*~ to ask to become a moderator for this area. If you would please vote yes for me in the poll that is going along with this thread, along with your ideas. Don't worry, I am not promising things I won't do. Also, I promise I won't delete any posts or threads with out a P.M. to you before it gets deleted. I am open to all suggestions, and hope that you will also write to Neely, SloKid, Denaon, and ~*Carlita*~ telling them that I would be suitable for the job.

~ Greg :wavey:

Deboogle!. 03-27-2009 06:40 PM

Re: Forum Moderator Needed

I am pretty active in this forum, I report things that need cleaning up to the supermods. I don't think we need another mod here. And that is not the way it works anyway.

10K Futures Qualifier 03-27-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deboogle!. (Post 8341860)
I am pretty active in this forum, I report things that need cleaning up to the supermods. I don't think we need another mod here. And that is not the way it works anyway.

But if I got it, it would make me want to do more in this area. Like posting the players info, news, stats, match time, score, etc.

10K Futures Qualifier 03-27-2009 06:47 PM

Also, you would not have to look through threads all of the time, and the SuperMods would not have to worry about deleting them. I would be much easier.

Ozone 03-27-2009 06:53 PM

I think Mens Clay Court has a great idea. This area is kind of sloppy and American tennis is very popular. MCC will be a great mod and so much more could come from this. American players will become better-known and better publicized. I am a big U.S. tennis fan but I have to check each thread for results and stuff or do it on my own. Im sure MCC could make a bug chat thread for all the U.S. players. This will be MUCH better for this forum!!

10K Futures Qualifier 03-27-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8341921)
I think Mens Clay Court has a great idea. This area is kind of sloppy and American tennis is very popular. MCC will be a great mod and so much more could come from this. American players will become better-known and better publicized. I am a big U.S. tennis fan but I have to check each thread for results and stuff or do it on my own. Im sure MCC could make a bug chat thread for all the U.S. players. This will be MUCH better for this forum!!

:worship:

Deboogle!. 03-27-2009 07:43 PM

it's not up to a forum moderator to make a forum fun, it's to clean up clutter (of which the Team USA forum has almost none) and enforce the rules (of which team USA Forum almost never has any problems) . Make a big chat thread if you wan we don't need a moderator for that, do stuff to get the players known if you want, we don't need a moderator to do that either.

Plus, this is not how moderators are selected anyway - either the supermods decide that a particular forum needs moderating, or for the player forums it is done by the posters - but first, the posters decide if there is any need for a mod AT ALL, then they vote on who it should be.

Also, if you were a mod of the Team USA section, you'd also be a mod of all of the player sub-forums. And at this point, Andy's forum is the only one who needs a mod and I don't think I need any help really. So this is nothing against you, but I don't think the section needs a mod at all, and even if the mods decided it did, I imagine they would just add one of the current members of the team to the section.

10K Futures Qualifier 03-27-2009 07:44 PM

So far the poll shows its a good idea.

Ozone 03-27-2009 07:58 PM

Deboogle is just jealous that he may have another American mod companion:lol: :lol:

10K Futures Qualifier 03-27-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 8342280)
Deboogle is just jealous that he may have another American mod companion:lol: :lol:

:lol:

Yes, anytime that someone wants to become a moderator, all of the mods team up and get mad :haha:

Deboogle!. 03-27-2009 08:08 PM

Dude I couldn't care less, if I thought we needed one :lol: But we don't, and this is not how mods are selected anyway, so it's a moot point :lol: Having all your buddies vote yes doesn't mean that you're gonna be a mod :lol: I bet on my own life that the supermods will decide that the Team USA forum does not need a mod :lol: If it makes you feel better to say I'm jealous instead of recognizing the facts of the situation, OK :lol:

Also, I'm a she. Thanks. :)

10K Futures Qualifier 03-27-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deboogle!. (Post 8342356)
Dude I couldn't care less, if I thought we needed one :lol: But we don't, and this is not how mods are selected anyway, so it's a moot point :lol: Having all your buddies vote yes doesn't mean that you're gonna be a mod :lol: I bet on my own life that the supermods will decide that the Team USA forum does not need a mod :lol: If it makes you feel better to say I'm jealous instead of recognizing the facts of the situation, OK :lol:

Okay, so one of my friends voted yes. He also explain why.

Also, I'm a he. Thanks. :)

Deboogle!. 03-27-2009 08:28 PM

I know you're a he, no need to be smart with me. your friend called me "he" so I was clarifying. I also don't appreciate being falsely accused of being mad and jealous. that's ridiculous, I'm not gonna get mad and jealous over an internet message board :lol:

As for the rest, we can go on and on in circles, but it won't matter, so I won't bother. :lol:

Ozone 03-27-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deboogle!. (Post 8342356)

Dude, I couldn't care less. Its a moot point. :lol:

Deboogle!. 03-27-2009 09:04 PM

Do you think I'm stupid? Why are you mocking me? Give it up, please.